WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

*Braintrust* residential water softeners / whole house filter

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Alright RDP Braintrust. Whats say is the preferred method these days for softening the water in the house.
The usual pro cons discussion of tank exchange service like culligan, whole brine softener system, whole house filter system like a pentair big black system.

i used to use the tank exchange systems in our restaurant location in la and sfv to help keep our scale and calcium build up down on our Noritz tankless water heaters.
So our house build also came with a noritz tankless heater and i just did the service flush on it and the inlet screen had some decent build up so figured i would enjoy some soft water and save our water heater also.

so whatcha guys think? Looking at pros cons and which cost is worth the service? Thanks gentleman 🍻👍🏽

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I don’t know a lot about it, but my friend owns Puroserve and he can run you though all the options. I’ll PM you his number

wet hull

Reaction score
Couple other threads in here in detail. We have the RainSoft system and love it. Pricey but worth it

wet hull

Reaction score
I can definitely give more detail if other thread doesn't cover. I did a post in that as well.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im watching....whats the best for car washing? Closest to spot free whole house

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Alright RDP Braintrust. Whats say is the preferred method these days for softening the water in the house.
The usual pro cons discussion of tank exchange service like culligan, whole brine softener system, whole house filter system like a pentair big black system.

i used to use the tank exchange systems in our restaurant location in la and sfv to help keep our scale and calcium build up down on our Noritz tankless water heaters.
So our house build also came with a noritz tankless heater and i just did the service flush on it and the inlet screen had some decent build up so figured i would enjoy some soft water and save our water heater also.

so whatcha guys think? Looking at pros cons and which cost is worth the service? Thanks gentleman 🍻👍🏽
Shit can the tankless 🤷‍♂️ /thread

HBDano

Reaction score
I guess it would depend on your needs. I just installed soft water system with pre filter and reverse osmosis. I used US water system products. Give them a call, super helpful and won't over sell you on crap you don't need.

Booshy

Reaction score
Can someone link other thread some speak of?? I’m watching this one as well I need a whole house system.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
In my Havasu house I installed two whole home filters, 5 micron solids filter and a 5 micron carbon filter. The solids(pleated) I replace each 6 months and the carbon annually. They cost very little.
I didn't want to waste water with the type that purges regularly.
I have not had to clean any valves or jets in my softner since. Getting these "Big Blue" filters, as they are called, has been a great investment.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I went self installed, pre filters, water softener from Lowes and RO for drinking and fridge supply. This was 5-6 years ago and cost under 2k in materials.

Word of advise if doing self install...pre filter. I change mine every 4-6 months and it is amazing the amount of shit they capture.
Without pre filters your softener will not last more than a couple or three years.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
In my Havasu house I installed two whole home filters, 5 micron solids filter and a 5 micron carbon filter. The solids(pleated) I replace each 6 months and the carbon annually. They cost very little.
I didn't want to waste water with the type that purges regularly.
I have not had to clean any valves or jets in my softner since. Getting these "Big Blue" filters, as they are called, has been a great investment.
This ^^^^^^same prefilters I installed.

Last edited:

LC925

Reaction score
My cousin does commercial and residential water softener, RO, spot free car wash systems, etc. Based in Hemet, CA but services SoCal.

Ask for Eddie and tell him his cousin Luis (calls me Lilo) referred you. He will ask what you want/need to guide you in the right direction. Won’t be the cheapest nor the most expensive but his setups will last and be American made for the most part. Also does install/service.

stingray11

Reaction score
Have you had your water tested yet that will depend on what size softener you need an amount of people in the house

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Great info guys. As always. I have self tested my water a couple time and its about 14 to 18 grains which is pretty close to inline with the annual report i got from evmwd.
I have used the “big blues” sediment and carbon filters in the past as well at the restaurants along with another Everpure manifold system with descaler filter just for the soda fountain and ice makers. Really helped keep the build up down when servicing the ice machines

RodnJen

Reaction score
I bought a unit online fro Isopure in Santa Ana. They delivered to the house and I had a local plumber install it, saved a few bucks.

it’s been 7 years and flawless. Just switched out old water heater to a tankless and it’s even better now.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Haha damn you scott with your good ideas. Crossed my mind but still got 4 years warranty left on it!
My plans had multiple tankless heaters initially. My ”construction advisor” told me to shit can them. With the recirculator and low flow heads, we don’t have a hot water issue- even with a house full of girls.

riverroyal

Reaction score
My biggest thing is spot free cars. I have a simple chuck system for it but the cartridge swap out keeps getting more expensive
I’m car cleaning freak

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I bought a unit online from Isopure in Santa Ana. They delivered to the house and I had a local plumber install it, saved a few bucks.

it’s been 7 years and flawless. Just switched out old water heater to a tankless and it’s even better now.

Another happy customer of IsoPure. I've used their system packages on our Huntington Beach home and three of our rentals. Piece of cake to install yourself. Fleck control heads atop generic resin and brine tanks. No walk-in traffic at the moment but they have mail order and curbside pickup.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score

Boat 405

Reaction score

where is the house?

parkerpoly

Reaction score
I know a supplier, through a plumber buddy, that likes Nuvo systems. Any thoughts?

Last edited: