WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brake Lines

shunter2005

Reaction score
Had a brake line break on my trailer. I am thinking about going to flexible thermoplastic brake line instead of metal or stainless. Anyone use them and have an opinion? How do they hold up compared to metal lines? Looks like an easier replacement than metal.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen.
I removed the broken line and measured the overall length and found a metal replacement at AutoZone.
Bent it up similar to the broken one and bled the system.

Not too difficult.

shunter2005

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I found the broken brake line when I jacked the trailer up to replace the left rear tire that separated about 200 mi. from home when I brought the boat from Havasu.

Then, I opened up the master cylinder, which I knew was now empty, and found a mess of crud about 1/4? deep in the master cylinder. I have never seen one with that much gunk in it. I am going to try to clean it and flush the lines, but it may be easier just to replace it.

So, now I have to replace tires, a couple of brake lines and quite possibly the MC while I am at it. I found some Kodiak rubber brake lines that I may use instead of the thermoplastic lines I mentioned above.

With all the rain and heavy flooding we are having, along with the above repairs, I hope I get to put my new to me Hallett in and use it some before Labor Day.