WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brand New AO Cooler.. Awesome

rrrr

Reaction score

I'm not bashing them.. I'm sharing an experience.. or rather experiences I have had with like ten of these things now. Bashing would be saying negative/explicit things etc. I just have never got one to work without leaking after a couple of uses. In this particular case didn't even get it to work once. :(

Thanks for pointing out the difference between bashing and commentary. These days anytime a slightly negative word is used some idiot calls it "hate" or "hating".

This is hate:

1 a: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury
b : extreme dislike or disgust :antipathy, loathing had a great hate of hard work

2 a: an object of hatred
b: a generation whose finest hate had been big business

When someone says they don't like the Dodgers that isn't hate. :rolleyes

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Ok, I do have one complaint about AO, when you fill the 48 with beer and ice you need a forklift to move it. [emoji6]

haha, totally, it becomes a big heavy blob.. I use that small foldable aluminum dolly from costco to lug it around.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I have posted this befor, Ill post it agian for everyone. I have been using these Coleman soft coolers for almost 10 years, they havent leaked and will hold a solid 12pack on one side single layer. If you double stack, 18 is easy and still room for ice. Im not nice to them either, crushed cans, bottles, caps and large amounts of ice. I havent broke a zipper either. They are discontinued through Coleman but I was able to order 2 about 2 years ago from some overstock stite. I love em!!! But then again, I love my old steel belted coolers, white gas lanterns and stoves and canvas tents lol

41H1-tPRngL.jpg

fishing fool

Reaction score
I have posted this befor, Ill post it agian for everyone. I have been using these Coleman soft coolers for almost 10 years, they havent leaked and will hold a solid 12pack on one side single layer. If you double stack, 18 is easy and still room for ice. Im not nice to them either, crushed cans, bottles, caps and large amounts of ice. I havent broke a zipper either. They are discontinued through Coleman but I was able to order 2 about 2 years ago from some overstock stite. I love em!!! But then again, I love my old steel belted coolers, white gas lanterns and stoves and canvas tents lol

41H1-tPRngL.jpg

I like those but 12 or 18 if you double stack is not enough for a day out on the water.

buck35

Reaction score
I've had a Costco soft side for a couple years now with no leaks or other issues. Now with that I can't imagine ever getting a bit of water in the boat...:D

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I like those but 12 or 18 if you double stack is not enough for a day out on the water.

That is per side. I havent ever needed to test but Im prety sure I could fit 24, single layer with plenty of ice or other drinks. Also, if I drink all 24 in one afternoon I would have way bigger problems!!! This cooler serves ME, not everyone else on the boat and thats why I have multiple coolers ;)

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Been through two AO coolers. Both have been great, no leaks. Guess I'm lucky:skull

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Two AO's ten years old no problems. Better be careful with those vulcanized style regardless of the brand, they will rip your upholstery. Wouldn't let those hard sided things anywhere near my boat.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I have the large AO. Not sure if mine leaks or sweats but there is a wet spot when I pull it out at the end of the day.

DWC

Reaction score
I?ve had 2 in the last 15yrs. No leaks, no issues. The first one still works great just a little worn and faded.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I have a few AO?s and they have worked well. Sent one back for warranty and has been fine since. We switched over a few years ago to yeti 65s. Yeti 30 in the Jeep and the Hopper soft sides. They are bullet proof. No broken handles, hinges, leaks etc. They were pricey - but when you use them and do not need to replace. Worth it.

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
So weird that there are this many issues.. my first AO Cooler was a 30 pack silver carbon.. it had a hole where the bottom and sides came together... called AO and they shipped me a new one out, no questions asked.

I put a small dab of silicone on the hole and it works perfect. I?ve beat the shit out of one of them in my razor and only use the other on rare occasion to keep it nice and clean.

I also have a 12 pack that I fill with bottles every weekend and it has never leaked...

My mom bought be the flat Stow and Go for Christmas. It is my favorite cooler because it is flat and doesn?t slide around... never an issue with it either..

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I have 2 24 carbons. They are 5 yrs old and finally let me down this year. They have been treated well, but I think sun exposure has gotten to them. They get used all year long. The side straps broke on both and they have started leaking. I think 5 yrs of continuous use isn't half bad for a soft side though. When I look at what else is on the market for the price, I will probably replace them with 36's for the boat and just haul one in the RZR.

I also am a fan of the coleman extreme hard coolers for in the toy hauler and for travel back and forth from the river. They hold ice well and are very durable.

Reactions: Wmc