WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1 shifter adjustment

Husqy510

Reaction score
Some of you may have followed the build thread of our 26 Howard cat. We floated it about a month ago and determined our shifter was backwards. No big deal, we're running Livirsi offshore controls so I pulled it a part last weekend and switched the cable to the other side.

We then put it in the water and it wouldn't go into reverse initially. I put it in forward, which worked fine, and then it went into reverse. I have no idea how the internal shifting mechanism works, but it seems like it engages late, meaning the drive doesn't go into reverse until the shifter is all the way back.

Is this an issue? How do I adjust it?

buck35

Reaction score
Merc sells a little plastic tool that fits on the linkage to set the length for adjustment. Quick and easy for someone who knows what there doing.
Do you have a manual?

spectras only

Reaction score
By changing shifting at the throttle lever it shouldn't be the issue, there's only limit stopping setscrews You have to set it properly at the engine where the neutral switch is located. Yeah, it's pretty simple if you had it done before. :)

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Shift Cable Adjust Adjustment Tool 91-12427T should help you out...., http://mercstuff.com/bravocableadj.htm

And/Or if you ever remove the drive to change out Mercruiser's Bravo intermediate shift cable... Tool set kit 91-17262A1

Husqy510

Reaction score
As always, thank you for the replies. It's refreshing to come on here discuss boating, and get some sound advice. I'll order the tool and adjust it next time I'm out there