WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1 to TCM uppers and IMCO lowers

BuckWheat77

Reaction score
I have a 2001 35 Nordic Flame. I up graded from 500 EFIs to 600s . I broke one of my outdrives at Powell in Sept. and replaced the Bravo 1s with TCM uppers and IMCO lowers. Before breaking the out drives I was able to hit 83 mph on Powell. After the new drives were broke in I'm seeing 80 mph. I'm running 28 pitch props at 5100 rpm. Lowers are 0 inches. Any thoughts on how to get back my lost speed. I have read some of the threads on here but haven't seen any from Nordic owners. P.S. New guy on here so please go easy on me.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have a 2001 35 Nordic Flame. I up graded from 500 EFIs to 600s . I broke one of my outdrives at Powell in Sept. and replaced the Bravo 1s with TCM uppers and IMCO lowers. Before breaking the out drives I was able to hit 83 mph on Powell. After the new drives were broke in I'm seeing 80 mph. I'm running 28 pitch props at 5100 rpm. Lowers are 0 inches. Any thoughts on how to get back my lost speed. I have read some of the threads on here but haven't seen any from Nordic owners. P.S. New guy on here so please go easy on me.

You may not be able to, on some boats stock lowers are faster then imcos.

BuckWheat77

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I guess maybe whipples or Pro Chargers next. I would like to end up at high 80s or even 90 at Powell.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
The IMCO lowers are designed to be surface driven like a SSM. On a V-bottom, they almost always hang below the bottom a fair amount and the design actually creates a lot of drag. Without knowing your x-dimension I can only assume that if you put -1 or -2 lowers you would easily gain back the speed and more.

BuckWheat77

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight. My X-dimension is 4 1/2 inches. My boat is a 2001 Nordic Flame. At this point how could I know for sure that going to shorties would do the trick. Do you know of anyone with a -1 or -2 that is getting good results. I would much appreciate the input.

SKIA36

Reaction score
I put -2 IMCO lowers and lab finished Mercury 4 blade props on my 30 Hallett, The lowers were 5 mph faster and the props added another 3mph.

BuckWheat77

Reaction score
I am going to send my props back to BBlades this month to get lab work done on them. Who done the work on yours? I wish that the guys at Teague would have suggested maybe going with shorties .

Boat 405

Reaction score
I’d always suggest shorties. Spacers are a hell of a lot cheaper to buy than a new housing