WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1 XR Drive for sale

racinjason65

Reaction score
Bravo 1 XR for sale, taken off my 2002 HTM. Was originally built up by Ken Lane at HTM with the 850HP package, I aquired the boat in 2010 and have changed drive oil every 10 hrs and disassembled and inspected the drive every season. It was last disassembled, inspected and re sealed at Absolute Speed and Marine last year and has about 4 hours on the current oil. The drive is currently at Menace Marine in Santa Clarita (where my boat just got a Imco SCX4 drive installed) asking 5k OBO (714)600-3665 -Jason

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
I know this is a thread to sell your old drive, but I have a few questions for you because I would like to do the same thing. Did you lose speed with the new SCX 4? was finding the right prop dificult? How does it plane out?

Thanks,
Bo

racinjason65

Reaction score
I know this is a thread to sell your old drive, but I have a few questions for you because I would like to do the same thing. Did you lose speed with the new SCX 4? was finding the right prop dificult? How does it plane out?

Thanks,
Bo

I've lost some speed, but there are a few reasons why. At the same time I did the SCX4 I also converted to EFI and backed down the boost to run pump gas again. Since I needed to be able to get on plane easily to tune the engine, I ordered the SCX4 with a 2 inch spacer installed and a XR style propshaft to be able to use my existing props. I've only had the boat out twice since the changes and am working on EFI tuning and prop set up. Once I have the props dialed in, I'll remove the 2 inch spacer and see how the boat reacts. If it likes it, I'll add the Imco extension box with the 3 inch lift and add the 2 inch spacer back and continue to raise the prop shaft height as much as my props will let me get away with. The SCX4 takes more RPM to get on plane compared to the XR with the same prop and fuel/weight load and there is a little more slip. As far as props, I use Cutting Edge props and are extreamly happy with their performance, my go to prop is a CE 4 blade 30(ish) pitch that runs 117MPH @5950 RPM and 7% slip (with the XR) and I have several other CE 4 and 5 blades, last time out I tried a out of the box Hydromotive 30p 5 blade that has WAY too much transom lift that made the boat bow steer up to about 75-80 MPH when the hull finally aired out but I wasnt too comfortable with how it performed so it will be going to CE to get tuned up.

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback & information on your new drive set-up. I know its not cheap to go this route, testing burns fuel and props aren't easy to come by or cheap. I look forward to hearing how the rest of your testing goes with the spacer out. The bright side is, I bet you get the speed back once dialed in, and you won't have to worry about breaking the drive.

Much appreciated,
Bo

She's Mine

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback & information on your new drive set-up. I know its not cheap to go this route, testing burns fuel and props aren't easy to come by or cheap. I look forward to hearing how the rest of your testing goes with the spacer out. The bright side is, I bet you get the speed back once dialed in, and you won't have to worry about breaking the drive.

Much appreciated,
Bo

Bo, give Dustin and Menace Marine a call. He just installed a SCX -4 on his 26' Daytona and ran it for the first time last weekend. I talked to him after he ran it and got a lot of info. If you are going to run the SCX -4 I would definitely talk to someone that has ran it on the same bottom or similar bottom the Speedster has. I am running the SCX on my 27' Daytona for several reasons but the main two are kids swimming around the boat and the hefty price for a #6 style prop.

She's Mine

Reaction score
I've lost some speed, but there are a few reasons why. At the same time I did the SCX4 I also converted to EFI and backed down the boost to run pump gas again. Since I needed to be able to get on plane easily to tune the engine, I ordered the SCX4 with a 2 inch spacer installed and a XR style propshaft to be able to use my existing props. I've only had the boat out twice since the changes and am working on EFI tuning and prop set up. Once I have the props dialed in, I'll remove the 2 inch spacer and see how the boat reacts. If it likes it, I'll add the Imco extension box with the 3 inch lift and add the 2 inch spacer back and continue to raise the prop shaft height as much as my props will let me get away with. The SCX4 takes more RPM to get on plane compared to the XR with the same prop and fuel/weight load and there is a little more slip. As far as props, I use Cutting Edge props and are extreamly happy with their performance, my go to prop is a CE 4 blade 30(ish) pitch that runs 117MPH @5950 RPM and 7% slip (with the XR) and I have several other CE 4 and 5 blades, last time out I tried a out of the box Hydromotive 30p 5 blade that has WAY too much transom lift that made the boat bow steer up to about 75-80 MPH when the hull finally aired out but I wasnt too comfortable with how it performed so it will be going to CE to get tuned up.

Hey Jason, good info here. I just wanted to throw out there that I ran a spacer in my SCX drive for a day. I had the same result as you did with the Out of the Box Hydromotive 30p. You might want to rethink having the prop reworked before you try it without the spacer. You just might have too much drag on the backend that is enhancing the bow steer. Just a thought.

Hope to see you on the water soon. Rob is starting to assemble my motor this week.

racinjason65

Reaction score
Myke, it's only bow steering with the Hydromotive, with my cutting edge props it does just fine and if they ever get around to posting the Desert Storm Shootout pics of my boat you'll see it has a perfect attitude. Even with the SCX4 I couldn't bring myself to go the #6 prop route.