WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1 XR upper rubber plug (what’s it for?)

spark2678

Reaction score
It’s the plug in this pic. One of my kids pushed it and it went inside. What it is for and will I hurt anything leaving it off for now? Seemed to easy to push in for it to be anything major.
94751441-98E3-492F-AAA2-B064EE0089AD.jpeg

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
It’s the plug in this pic. One of my kids pushed it and it went inside. What it is for and will I hurt anything leaving it off for now? Seemed to easy to push in for it to be anything major.
Access hole for trim tab adjustment , don’t worry about it

4Waters

Reaction score
Trim tab?
It's what holds the anode on that's underneath and also one of the bolts that holds the upper and lower together. It's not a big deal but you should get a new plug so it doesn't fill up with sediment and then it would be difficult to gain access to the bolt. It won't ruin you weekend at all, just order one when you get home.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
It's what holds the anode on that's underneath and also one of the bolts that holds the upper and lower together. It's not a big deal but you should get a new plug so it doesn't fill up with sediment and then it would be difficult to gain access to the bolt. It won't ruin you weekend at all, just order one when you get home.

This. It's an access hole for the bolt that holds the anode in place and you have to remove the anode to get at a bolt that holds the lower to the upper drive housing. Reach in with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the rubber plug out.

4Waters

Reaction score
This. It's an access hole for the bolt that holds the anode in place and you have to remove the anode to get at a bolt that holds the lower to the upper drive housing. Reach in with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the rubber plug out.
That's right, yup forgot about the other bolt, but still don't stop your vacation because of it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Oh there’s a plug for that??
Right! My exact thought. I’ve replaced mine 4 times than finally said F’it
Same on the older outboards. My uncle and I are and have been missing them for decades. Haven't had an issue pulling the anode to drop the lower. Do so just about every year as well (water pump)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk