WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1XR Lower Gear Set Replacement

ROBINSON

Reaction score
I’m looking for some help locating new lower gears for a bravo1xr drive. Had mine serviced in Havasu and was told it’s starting to shed material. Pulled the magnet and metal pieces were stuck to it.

I’ve been told that replacements are back ordered until October currently. Does anybody know of a shop that would have the parts in hand?

Thanks RDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikes56

Reaction score
Have you tried Teague Marine in Santa Clarita, CA?

hawgty55

Reaction score
There hard to find. Did you try mercury.com i ended up getting a used set from a mechanic in bellflower or something but they were out of drives that sat in saltwater and carroded the cases. Drive has over 150 hours since rebuild.

Also are you or have someone to rebuild it. Everyone i talked to in havasu just wanted me to buy a new drive instead of rebuild. Not sure if they were not inclined to do the work or thats just easier for them to sell and bolt on? Ended up taking it to a marine shop i used in the past who is not talked highly about on this forum but they were the only ones who would rebuild a complete drive.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Following…
Don‘t know stock, but a quick search showed cp performance and bravo shop???

Mikes56

Reaction score
I’m looking for some help locating new lower gears for a bravo1xr drive. Had mine serviced in Havasu and was told it’s starting to shed material. Pulled the magnet and metal pieces were stuck to it.

I’ve been told that replacements are back ordered until October currently. Does anybody know of a shop that would have the parts in hand?

Thanks RDP

Just curious, how many hours are on it, and how big of a boat? I’ve got the same drive on my boat and would like to know kinda how long it will last.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
When I had my drive rebuilt they just got a complete new lower it wasn't that expensive

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

Thanks RDP

Metal pieces like chunks or just shavings?

A bit of metal shavings on the magnet is not uncommon or indicates the gears are worn out. If the magnet looks like a porcupine or has bigger metal chunks on it, time for a rebuild. Once rebuilt you should put a couple of hours on it then change the gear oil, the magnet will look like a porcupine, this is normal, next oil change should be substantially less metal on the magnet.

ROBINSON

Reaction score
Metal pieces like chunks or just shavings?

A bit of metal shavings on the magnet is not uncommon or indicates the gears are worn out. If the magnet looks like a porcupine or has bigger metal chunks on it, time for a rebuild. Once rebuilt you should put a couple of hours on it then change the gear oil, the magnet will look like a porcupine, this is normal, next oil change should be substantially less metal on the magnet.

IMG_3795.jpg

Here is a picture of the magnet

ChrisKoller64

Reaction score

Thanks RDP

There's a FB group called passion for powerboats and a guy named David Smith designed XR lower gears that are supposed to be much stronger. It says you can order them through Endurance Innovations and the number is 847-778-2802.

farmo83

Reaction score
I was on the phone with Boostpower early this week and he said not to F my drive up as no one had gears until at least November, maybe longer.