WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo tool measurement needed

DeepV

Reaction score
Anybody rebuild bravo drives and have a "stub shaft tool" for the 1x?
I need to set my gear lash using the yoke instead of the tool and if I have the measurement (diameter) of the stub shaft tool where the gear lash flag mounts I can calculate what the lash should be.

It'll delay me well over a week if I have to get the tool, so hopefully someone has the tool they can measure.

Also...anyone have u-joint alternative to the merc one?

Thanks in advance!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now that is a tech question.. Lol. I will have an answer for you tomorrow sometime.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now that is a tech question.. Lol. I will have an answer for you tomorrow sometime.

Just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgot about this.. Alexi from boostpower is going to answer this later tonight. From my brief conversation with him earlier though I don't believe you are going to be able to set the gear lash correctly this way.

RD

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgot about this.. Alexi from boostpower is going to answer this later tonight. From my brief conversation with him earlier though I don't believe you are going to be able to set the gear lash correctly this way.

RD

I'm at home so I can't give you the diameter. I'll measure it in the morning, however there is a lot more that goes into setting backlash than the flag and stub.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score

RD

Hello, I am as well at home now, however if it was me, I would use the yolk and make a quick plate and dial indicator setup to read lash on either the inside section of the drive or the outside u joint yolk. After of course you set the rolling preload. The stub shaft tool is cool but that tab is a bit cheesy. We made most of our tools or modified them but in the field, a steel plate and a cheap dial indicator should do the trick. The stub shaft diameter may not be needed for your request. Here is a part number for the tool if you wish the get it. We also make shims to push the pinion forward for better mesh/lash etc. Here is a pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438229427.110932.jpg