WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Breakfast Burritos . . . Who's Got The Goods?

trophybug19

Reaction score
I love me some Nicks but damn i hate waiting in the long line with a bunch of hungover clowns every morning I have gone. The smell of bad decisions permeates thru the air. Some kids even look likr they still partying from the night before. Lol
Seal Beach or Los Al? I have had better luck at Los Al. But phone is always busy now so I just drive there and order. Usually out in 10 mins. Plus if you want to eat there if you go out the back door there is a few concrete tables you can sit at.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions above however.... If you are looking for the breakfast burrito of all breakfast burritos I suggest BAD ASS BREAKFAST BURRITOS. I hit the one in Pasadena. They are BADASS!

MIC DROP....
Rad ! Love their slogan !!! 'Get a drop kick to the face anytime of day" . . . 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Gonna have to try that place next time I'm in Yuma !

Your ad here

Reaction score
Still the best. Had to stop before going back to Phoenix.
20210125_134410.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
no place has been able to beat the lunch truck at work. $4, most excellent. Same with steak sammichs.

There are some really good roach coaches out there. The one thing I learned early on is you only get mexican food from the gut truck, and don't get anything out of the warming tray area.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
There are some really good roach coaches out there. The one thing I learned early on is you only get mexican food from the gut truck, and don't get anything out of the warming tray area.
We had the same truck with the same hottie at the helm for 15 years....I've eaten about everything off that truck and nothing has been short of fantastic.

Sadly, they're gone now since we moved our caliper rebuilding operation and only have about 6 people left in our building.

drew_built

Reaction score
Amigos tacos in Manhattan beach ask for extra salsa they used to sell it till 10am due to the demand they now have it on the menu all day

sintax

Reaction score
Burger Basket in Corona is pretty good. Not cheap though, but its huge.

Havasu, I've been doing Cambell Cove for a while now. I've been wanting to try T's though.

badgas

Reaction score
How did you cook those potatoes?
These ones were microwave ( baked ) for 4 minutes in one of those cloth potato bags. Then sliced up and crisped up in the pan with olive oil.

Usually I cut them then toss them in olive oil and roast them on a sheet pan cut side down for 25 minutes at 450.

Any leftover baked potatoes sliced up and fried will play well with breakfast.

sirbob

Reaction score
What ever happened to Carmel’s on El Toro rd and Rockfield?

They are gone now but I used to love their breakfast burrito - did they move to another location or just close? They used to have a place in Fullerton - is that still open?

Yldboyz

Reaction score
"Authenian Burger" Buena Park Voted OC's Best Breakfast Burrito. This made ESPN's top list when they hosted The Breakfast Burrito Bracket back in 2014 I believe. They're ranked 2nd or 3rd nationally.

I've been eating there for 30 years and haven't had a burrito come close to theirs. Everyone I lead on to this place always goes back.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
"Authenian Burger" Buena Park Voted OC's Best Breakfast Burrito. This made ESPN's top list when they hosted The Breakfast Burrito Bracket back in 2014 I believe. They're ranked 2nd or 3rd nationally.

I've been eating there for 30 years and haven't had a burrito come close to theirs. Everyone I lead on to this place always goes back.
Is that the one on Valley View and Cerritos?
I'm by there semi-frequently and would like to try 'em.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Is that the one on Valley View and Cerritos?
I'm by there semi-frequently and would like to try 'em.

That's one of the stores, the original location holds the title it's off of La Palma and Dale St. I would go to the original location since the article and plaque are on the wall there. The taste is far more superior.

8511 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620

Dirtbag

Reaction score
we got one of these in Yorba Linda and their 3 amigos breakfast burrito served any time of day is badass.....big ass burrito.....https://www.caliburritobrothers.com/menu

badgas

Reaction score
That's one of the stores, the original location holds the title it's off of La Palma and Dale St. I would go to the original location since the article and plaque are on the wall there. The taste is far more superior.

8511 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620
I'm gonna have to try them, I have heard about them for years. So funny I have lived in Cypress for 24 years and went over there, did not even know they had a location in Cypress.

Yachts by Bob

Reaction score
Bravo burger chino hills has a good bb
Anyone remember Bravo burger in Huntington Beach off Beach and Garfield? used to go there all the time during tutorial, when I was at Huntington Beach high. Best place for a BB, and you could sub the potatoes for French Frys. The burritos could easily feed 4 people. Miss that place tons of memories as punk high school kid. we pulled up to that place in our trucks like we owned it. lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
In Havasu I really like Campbell Cove’s breakfast burritos. The 3 meat combo is great. They have been out of salsa for like 6 weeks though.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Went there this morning, thought I'd share the articles.

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg