WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Breakfast Burritos . . . Who's Got The Goods?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
#1 'Favorite' is from 'Sanchos Tacos' Called the 'Sawed Off Flaco' - Egg whites, Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach, Mushrooms, Artichoke Hearts and Avocado *Your choice of salsa".
The've got a few locations, I go to the one in HB on the corner of 6th & PCH.

#2 Honorable Mention is 'Alejandros' (Formerly Albertos) corner of Placentia & 19th in Costa Mesa , def. not the greatest 'BB' but their drive through is open 24/7 and I can easily pull my boat through the drive-through. My tradition for early morning river departures!

What Say You ???

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
😂LOL
Screenshot_20210122-101624_Google.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
A's burger. San Juan Capistrano.

That brings back memories, when I worked at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel off Avery Pkwy and the 5, there was an A's at the bottom of the lot, to beat traffic in the morning I would arrive an hour early every day, many a breakfast burrito at that A's.

Choice Burgers in Brea has a decent Breakfast Burrito.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Kosher Burrito in DTLA on 1st st?
Urban renewal wiped out her stand. Long gone now.
The In n Out Burger of breakfast burritos. Not kosher by a long shot BTW.
Still imitated today by other slop chutes,, but not even close.

We couldn't figure out what made them so good. Even a friend with a catering truck put effort into it.
We thought we duplicated everything.
Her special Salsa, eggs, Boars Head Pastrami.
Even the proprietary chili. Exact same supplier.
Nope, we weren't anywhere near it.

Then we realized she wasn't warming the tortilla on the flat top, it was a fresh made raw tortilla she was cooking.
Made all the difference in the world.

1611341641514.jpeg

Last edited:

BajaMike

Reaction score
#1 'Favorite' is from 'Sanchos Tacos' Called the 'Sawed Off Flaco' - Egg whites, Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach, Mushrooms, Artichoke Hearts and Avocado *Your choice of salsa".
The've got a few locations, I go to the one in HB on the corner of 6th & PCH.

#2 Honorable Mention is 'Alejandros' (Formerly Albertos) corner of Placentia & 19th in Costa Mesa , def. not the greatest 'BB' but their drive through is open 24/7 and I can easily pull my boat through the drive-through. My tradition for early morning river departures!

What Say You ???

You pulled your boat thru the drive thru? I never want to try that.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Bravo burger chino hills has a good bb
They do good breakfast.
Some of the other stuff is starting to slip though. The last few times we’ve been there lunch or dinner, have been disappointing.
If you get a chance, the Patio on Central and just north of Schaefer, is pretty good.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
You pulled your boat thru the drive thru? I never want to try that.
Yeah, unlike most drive-throughs this one's got plenty of room for my rig.
Funny story, there's a bar in the same shopping center . . . I was in line pulling my boat super early one night/morning I ordered with one car in front of me . . . this super hammered guy gets out of an uber waiting in line behind me and comes walking up and comes unglued while I'm ordering, he starts with the 'Are you fucking kidding me dude"??? . . . . I knew right then he was a 'Last Call Leftover' . . . . I immediately said, "Do you want me to order for you bro??? . . . I'll even pay for it"!!!
I caught him so off guard he couldn't process what I said and just stood there wobbling! 😂 . . . then he started barking something else and I said, "Calm down bro the boat's not placing an order"!!! 😅

sirbob

Reaction score
Haha - Sanchos may be my least favorite. The reason is they add all the ingredients in the tortilla. I like mine cooked into the eggs.

I’m not saying they don’t make good stuff - I just don’t like the way they make their breakfast burrito.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Chevron Gas Station by my house FTW!!

Before everyone goes crazy, they have a kitchen and make the BB fresh to order. [emoji3]

Sent From Tapatalk

BajaMike

Reaction score
In Austin they call them “breakfast tacos”, basically a small burrito, every hotel lobby gift shop has them and all drive thrus and most gas stations have the best ones.

Most are very good, takes two to fill you up. The office building I worked in had free “breakfast tacos” every Tuesday morning in the lobby. Egg and bacon, egg and sausage, egg and potato, take your pick, hot and mild salsa to go with it.

Good times!

TrollerDave

Reaction score
In Austin they call them “breakfast tacos”, basically a small burrito, every hotel lobby gift shop has them and all drive thrus and most gas stations have the best ones.

Most are very good, takes two to fill you up. The office building I worked in had free “breakfast tacos” every Tuesday morning in the lobby. Egg and bacon, egg and sausage, egg and potato, take your pick, hot and mild salsa to go with it.

Good times!
“I’ll take one of each wrapped in a bigger tortilla“. BOOM! Breakfast burrito

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Try Galaxy Burger in Ontario at Philadelphia and Archibald - get the bacon and sausage breakfast burrito and have them add extra chili verde sauce inside. Nothing special, but it’s the chili verde sauce that puts it over the top. It’s so good!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Nates Korner in Santa Ana .4 animal filled and krispy krispy hash browns :cool:
Pass if you don't like a kinda runny egg and a weird crunchy hash brown. The thing is big though. I prefer scrambled eggs and a non burnt hash brown...lol. Go to Nates if you want a good sammich a huge ass homemade fries though.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Parks General Store, Parks, Az. Since 1906. On Rt. 66
The country burrito.
Sausage, egg Country gravy, cheese, hash browns, add jalapeno.
One burrito is enough for breakfast and lunch.
Always made to order.

Dan'l

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Tommies Castaic cafe. Might be a little biased due to location to me. But never disappoints. I also wish Burbank auto (yes an auto store [emoji33]) on Victory Blvd didn’t become a NAPA. They used to smoke all the meats and sausages and made to me, hands down the best breakfast burrito I ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poncho

Reaction score
Nothing like a good wife trained in a great Mexican cooking upbringing 👍

For work: Al & Bea’s on 1st St about 1/2 mile west from Hollenbeck Station. When you see a line of city workers at an Eatery, you have your sign of good food.
I always tell people if your looking for decent grub and good portions watch where the cops go. 👍
When i'm in an unfamiliar place i'll ask them for a recommendation, its a 50/50 shot....most say they are not allowed to recommend a place anymore.