WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brian laundrie

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Your forgetting the kid was home for an extended period of time with the van parked inside the garage. His parents hired a lawyer days before the missing person report was even filed. Every action the kid and his parents have taken have made him look guilty. Even if he had nothing to do with it, the actions taken are saying something else.

I'm not arguing if he is guilty or not. Guilt and the legal process are 2 different things.

Everyone was clearly well aware they were going to need a lawyer so they retained one. The bottom line is that he was not yet a suspect due to whatever actions were taken by lawyering up and fleeing. Maybe the parents knew where he was and maybe only the lawyer knew.

This entire thread is just playing the assumption game.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Laws are laws.. Not everyone has your reverence for laws, clearly.

And it is a suspected DUI vs person of interest in a murder.. I'm right on track :)
You can't even see the fucking track from where you are. Before there was a body it was a missing person who was with your kid on a cross country road trip which he returns without and you don't have the moral fortitude to help at all? The only thing you do is contact an attorney full well knowing what happens after that. CYA is an ugly thing when it comes at the expense of others.

Singleton

Reaction score
Laws are laws.. Not everyone has your reverence for laws, clearly.

And it is a suspected DUI vs person of interest in a murder.. I'm right on track :)

He still has not been named as a POI in her murder/homicide.
He was a POI in her disappearance and has an open warrant for his arrest (credit card fraud).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You can't even see the fucking track from where you are. Before there was a body it was a missing person who was with your kid on a cross country road trip which he returns without and you don't have the moral fortitude to help at all? The only thing you do is contact an attorney full well knowing what happens after that. CYA is an ugly thing when it comes at the expense of others.

That is the way the world works and that is my point. CYA is everyone's top priority and it comes at the expense of others. What do you want the parents to do, NOT contact an attorney?

There was a clear history of abuse both ways. He comes home and says we got in a fight and it went too far. Parents believe him and get a lawyer. Then he flees.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave literally said...I’m not even sure I wouldn’t help them start a new life somewhere else....lol

Depends on the situation. I also said I don’t know this situation.. and honestly I don’t think anyone else does either..

Under zero circumstances am I calling the cops though.

I want everyone to read that clearly. At no point is that the right move.

You call a lawyer.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He still has not been named as a POI in her murder/homicide.
He was a POI in her disappearance and has an open warrant for his arrest (credit card fraud).

That's true, So even less to go on, and more reason for the parents to cover for him.

Like I said we don't know what he told the parents. Whatever he told them they obviously believed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The first thing that should have happened is getting a lawyer. If you shoot someone dead in your house that is robbing you at gunpoint, and your 2nd call after 911 isn't to a lawyer, you are an idiot.

I don't care about saving the kid, he's dead, case closed.

It is laughable that people say they would immediately turn their kid in, in any questionable circumstance.

Depends.. if you shot and hadn’t called 911 before the gun went off.. again firdt call
Is to a lawyer.. not the cops.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who gives a shit where the conversation occurs....a kitchen table or in a police station. If your kid (Or anyone else), didn't do anything wrong, then they will be released and the investigation will continue forward. If your kid DID do something wrong, well, then they'll have to face the music. It is what it is.

That is an extremely naive view of how our legal system Works.

Backlash

Reaction score
For my made for TV movie. Some others came across him hiding out and so he had to kill them as well. Then took off . :rolleyes: 😁
He's on a beach on the Bahamas laughing as his masterpiece unfolds, right??

Singleton

Reaction score
Just to keep this going, since I am on break from my customer call and software demo that started at 5am PST.

Everyone is pissed at the parents. I got issues with the lawyer. Parents were looking for their child and the lawyer blocked anyone from speaking to the parents and the kid. As a parent not sure I could follow that game, since I would want to help someone find their missing kid.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think there's a line between turning your own kid in and actively obstructing the investigation (what it appears the Laundrie's did in this situation).

At the end of the day, @oldschool hit the nail on the head that none of us know exactly what we would do in these situations until we are in them.

Singleton

Reaction score
I think there's a line between turning your own kid in and actively obstructing the investigation (what it appears the Laundrie's did in this situation).

At the end of the day, @oldschool hit the nail on the head that none of us know exactly what we would do in these situations until we are in them.

I know the first thing I would do.

It would include yelling and saying a few none PC words! Then, most likely calling a lawyer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well I know what I wouldn’t do.. does that count? Lol

I wouldn’t arbitrarily hand my kid over to the cops.

It starts with that.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Well I know what I wouldn’t do.. does that count? Lol

I wouldn’t arbitrarily hand my kid over to the cops.

It starts with that.
Sure, in agreement that my first call would be to a lawyer. Where I depart from the Laundrie's is actively obstructing the investigation. I'm not going to go down for obstruction of justice/aiding and abetting. Does me or my family no good to be sitting in jail with my kid.

WYRD

Reaction score
Sure, in agreement that my first call would be to a lawyer. Where I depart from the Laundrie's is actively obstructing the investigation. I'm not going to go down for obstruction of justice/aiding and abetting. Does me or my family no good to be sitting in jail with my kid.
Agreed 100% here

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I would get a lawyer and have my son talk to the police with the Atty present. Not going to help him run and hide while hindering the investigation.

Simple as that.

EDIT>>>>>I would like to add that my son has always been taught to
take consequences when it comes to the law. He knows this but he would never do anything as evil as what this guy seems to have done.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would get a lawyer and have my son talk to the police with the Atty present. Not going to help him run and hide while hindering the investigation.

Simple as that.

Did they "help" him hide? He just took off, right?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am A little shocked at some of the responses in this thread..

Well actually I’m not because there’s a lot of soap boxing going on.

I’m not sure I’d ever give up one of my kids.. To that note Unless they were wrotten to the core, I’m not even sure I wouldn’t help them start a new life somewhere else.

I am by no means reducing Brian’s actions.. but his parents? People are really gonna judge them for not turning their kid over?

I’m not because I wouldn’t either.

RD
I’m glad someone said it.
No one here knows a single thing for sure.
Not about her death, not about the parents, not about anything besides what social media and the videos and Nancy Grace LEAD them to believe.
It’s not what you think or think you know, it’s what you can prove with evidence.
Capital murder convictions are supposed to be proven with evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, not carried out by a frenzied mob who have likely never killed anyone in their life.

It’s more than likely he did it somehow, or was responsible somehow. But likelyhoods and probabilities do not equal death in this Country.
At least it isn’t suppose to.
That’s why Scott Peterson’s death sentence was overturned...and frankly there wasn’t a single bit of physical evidence connecting him to a murder.
99% he did it, but he was convicted by the MSM and Nancy Grace plain and simple.

Here’s the hard truth.
If not for social media and the MSM picking this particular murder for the great expose’ no one would know a thing about it.
Young girls get murdered every single day in this country with little to no fanfare.
Calling for the murder of someone’s parents because they didn’t turn in their son for a crime he was never convicted of is absurd. (I think he eventually was charged or APB’d?)

Being on the wrong side of social media lynch mobs is a death sentence that any one of us better hope not to ever be in regardless of what we do or don’t do.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m glad someone said it.
No one here knows a single thing for sure.
Not about her death, not about the parents, not about anything besides what social media and the videos and Nancy Grace LEAD them to believe.
It’s not what you think or think you know, it’s what you can prove with evidence.
Capital murder convictions are supposed to be proven with evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, not carried out by a frenzied mob who have likely never killed anyone in their life.

It’s more than likely he did it somehow, or was responsible somehow. But likelyhoods and probabilities do not equal death in this Country.
At least it isn’t suppose to.
That’s why Scott Peterson’s death sentence was overturned...and frankly there wasn’t a single bit of physical evidence connecting him to a murder.
99% he did it, but he was convicted by the MSM and Nancy Grace plain and simple.

Here’s the hard truth.
If not for social media and the MSM picking this particular murder for the great expose’ no one would know a thing about it.
Young girls get murdered every single day in this country with little to no fanfare.
Calling for the murder of someone’s parents because they didn’t turn in their son for a crime he wasnt never convicted of with is absurd. (I think he eventually was charged or APB’d?)

Being on the wrong side of social media lynch mobs is a death sentence that any one of us better hope not to ever be in regardless of what we do or don’t do.
Well said.

rrrr

Reaction score
And what if he said he did it in self defense? I'm sure you wouldn't believe your son and tell the authorities to take him to jail post haste.
Self defense? That's a ridiculous strawman. She was 5' tall and weighed 110 lbs. A post above that muses she was "beating his ass" and he defended himself is just unbelievable. Another suggests a third party might be responsible. Turn off the fucking TV.

I can honestly say if I was in the position of Laundrie's parents, I wouldn't have concealed him when he came home without her, and I would have called the police when it became apparent he had harmed or killed her. I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

As for RD's position, I find his response so far removed from my values I can't even begin to process it. Brian Laundrie killed Petito. It takes several minutes to kill someone by strangulation. He could have stopped, but he continued to apply pressure to her neck until she was dead.

Do you know what happens when someone is being strangled? They fight wildly for maybe fifteen seconds before losing consciousness. They lose control of muscles, and urinate and shit themselves. The eyes roll back into the head, and as life leaves the body, they turn to a dull glassy fixed stare.

So he did all of that. Then he took her body to a remote area, dug a shallow grave, and discarded her body into the hole like you would a dead dog. After that, be cleaned out her bank account, and drove back to Florida.

Call the police on my own kid? Yep. And this isn't "soapboxing". I know myself well enough to have that opinion.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Do you know what happens when someone is being strangled? They fight wildly for maybe fifteen seconds before losing consciousness. They lose control of muscles, and urinate and shit themselves. The eyes roll back into the head, and as life leaves the body, they turn to a dull glassy fixed stare.
This^
This is what bothers me about any perceived innocence. If I can gain the upper hand enough to choke someone out, at that point, they are no longer a threat. You could easily walk away, or even leave the person on the roadside.

As for the parents, to me it may depend on what they believed at first. Maybe they had been told he left her alive, but when a body was found they realized he had lied.

I also wonder if the parents phones were "tapped", and that is how LE found out they were going to check on him.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
The complete disregard and total lack of compassion towards Gabby and her parents is more than a little disturbing and frankly pisses me off. I wouldn't want to be in business with anyone who felt this way. If you'd do this to grieving parents there isn't anything you won't do.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Self defense? That's a ridiculous strawman. She was 5' tall and weighed 110 lbs. A post above that muses she was "beating his ass" and he defended himself is just unbelievable. Another suggests a third party might be responsible. Turn off the fucking TV.

I can honestly say if I was in the position of Laundrie's parents, I wouldn't have concealed him when he came home without her, and I would have called the police when it became apparent he had harmed or killed her. I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

As for RD's position, I find his response so far removed from my values I can't even begin to process it. Brian Laundrie killed Petito. It takes several minutes to kill someone by strangulation. He could have stopped, but he continued to apply pressure to her neck until she was dead.

So he did all of that. Then he took her body to a remote area, dug a shallow grave, and discarded her body into the hole like you would a dead dog. After that, be cleaned out her bank account, and drove back to Florida.

Call the police on my own kid? Yep. And this isn't "soapboxing". I know myself well enough to have that opinion.

What if she had a gun? a knife? These are the exact arguments we make FOR having these weapons available and legal and you call them a strawman argument?

Once again, we do not know any of the facts. We only know what had been fed to us from social media which everyone here also says is complete bullshit info. Of course he killed her, but like I said, they are both now dead. It sucks, but frankly this same thing happens 100 times a day all over the world. We really have more important atrocities to be concerned with.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’m not sure why everyone is calling this dude a kid?

This Laundrie “kid” is a grown ass man. There is nothing kid about him.

No way my Dad is covering for me after I’m old enough to join and die for my country. Of course I still believe to this day if my Dad had no arms and no legs he could still whoop my ass.

My parents sure as fuck wouldn’t “forget” to tell the cops until days later that I left the house and never returned the week prior.

Doesn’t matter today. The body is likely his so fuck him. He got what was coming.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Only 3 (maybe 4) people know that answer. 2 are not talking, 1 is MIA and the 4th is a lawyer.

Exactly, so why is everyone on their morality soapbox about something they know nothing about.

rivergames

Reaction score
Many people believe a simple story to set the mind at ease.

EXAMPLE: Brian was mad at Gabby and Strangled her. Then ran

When in reality, there could be many other items that may have occurred.

EXAMPLE: Gabby may have been drugged out. Wouldn't stop hitting Brian. The only way he was able to hold her off was grabbing her by the neck. Once that started, Gabby wailed her arms and feet. Brian held on too long trying to keep her off and she died. Brian was scared, dumped the body, ran back home. Family spoke to lawyer that said DO NOT TALK TO POLICE. Body Found. Brian Ran.

This is just a guess (just like EVERYONE else). As much as I want to believe the 'simple story', that may not be correct.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
That is an extremely naive view of how our legal system Works.

Any defense attorney with any legal sense will tell you two things:

1) Don't talk to the police.

2) If you don't talk, you walk.

In Laundries case he could only hurt his own future by volunteering anything to the police. Right or wrong it's a fact

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Many people believe a simple story to set the mind at ease.

EXAMPLE: Brian was mad at Gabby and Strangled her. Then ran

When in reality, there could be many other items that may have occurred.

EXAMPLE: Gabby may have been drugged out. Wouldn't stop hitting Brian. The only way he was able to hold her off was grabbing her by the neck. Once that started, Gabby wailed her arms and feet. Brian held on too long trying to keep her off and she died. Brian was scared, dumped the body, ran back home. Family spoke to lawyer that said DO NOT TALK TO POLICE. Body Found. Brian Ran.

This is just a guess (just like EVERYONE else). As much as I want to believe the 'simple story', that may not be correct.

I am sympathetic to the argument about possibility of self defense, although extremely unlikely based on her size and the time it takes for strangulation to be complete but we'll never know exactly what happened.

Take this situation off the table, let's say you get into a self defense shooting. Are you calling police/lawyer (discussion about who you call first) or are you burying the body in a hasty grave, clearing out his accounts, stealing his car, and driving cross country to your parents house without telling anyone what happened. Self defense or not, he was fucked based on the decisions he made after she was killed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What else we going to go. I guess we could go complain about a SXS that is still 8-10 months from being delivered to those that ordered it in 2019

At least there will be a known outcome :)

rivergames

Reaction score
I am sympathetic to the argument about possibility of self defense, although extremely unlikely based on her size and the time it takes for strangulation to be complete but we'll never know exactly what happened.

Take this situation off the table, let's say you get into a self defense shooting. Are you calling police/lawyer (discussion about who you call first) or are you burying the body in a hasty grave, clearing out his accounts, stealing his car, and driving cross country to your parents house without telling anyone what happened. Self defense or not, he was fucked based on the decisions he made after she was killed.

A level headed person would call lawyer/police.

A nut job that was probably on drugs with the person he accidently killed would freak and loose it even more and hide the body and run. Not knowing what the F to do next except make more mistakes

Hopefully the police/FBI dot the I's and cross the T's so we are able to get a factual account of the murder.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Agreed but the only crime he is a suspect for right now is credit card fraud.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here’s another little “fact”.
Hiring a lawyer to talk to the police with your son is a big fucking mistake, if innocent or ESPECIALLY if guilty.
RD and I disagree on almost everything in some way, but he’s on the mark like it or not.
I gotta tell you that the “police” (which is homicide investigators with detectives from multiple agencies with this blow up of a case) are NOT INTERESTED in “getting to the bottom” of anything.
They are interested in ONE THING ONLY...charging and clearing this case. Period.
There are exceptions to the rule of course, but in a case like this where social media has produced the desired effect on the mob “truth” is simply too burdensome and slow to arrive at. The mob won’t have it...look at this thread for proof.
No, charging and clearing is priority. Truth would be a happy coincidence.
The police are not your friend when you’re in the box.
The ONLY discussion with a lawyer and “police”present is a confession. That’s it. That’s all the investigators want to hear.
If guilty, your best bet is to hire council, wait to be charged, wait to be arraigned, wait for the DA to produce discovery evidence THEN see what you are facing.
If innocent, going to the police to “explain” your innocence is the worst thing you can do without an airtight alibi, say from the dahlia lama in this case...!
There are 1000 variables as to why a murder happens except for serial killers which this dude is/was not.
Hire the best lawyer you can, I guarantee he tells you to NOT talk to the “police” unless confessing.

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Here’s another little “fact”.
Hiring a lawyer to talk to the police with your son is a big fucking mistake, if innocent or ESPECIALLY if guilty.
RD and I disagree on almost everything in some way, but he’s on the mark like it or not.
I gotta tell you that the “police” (which is homicide investigators with detectives from multiple agencies with this blow up of a case) are NOT INTERESTED in “getting to the bottom” of anything.
They are interested in ONE THING ONLY...charging and clearing this case. Period.
There are exceptions to the rule of course, but in a case like this where social media has produced the desired effect on the mob “truth” is simply too burdensome and slow to arrive at. The mob won’t have it...look at this thread for proof.
No, charging and clearing is priority. Truth would be a happy coincidence.
The police are not your friend when you’re in the box.
The ONLY discussion with a lawyer and “police”present is a confession. That’s it. That’s all the investigators want to hear.
If guilty, your best bet is to hire council, wait to be charged, wait to be arraigned, wait for the DA to produce discovery evidence THEN see what you are facing.
If innocent, going to the police to “explain” your innocence is the worst thing you can do without an airtight alibi, say from the dahlia lama in this case...!
There are 1000 variables as to why a murder happens except for serial killers which this dude is/was not.
There isn't a 1000 variables to murder, to a death happening on the other hand maybe.

Murder:
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

rrrr

Reaction score
Exactly, so why is everyone on their morality soapbox about something they know nothing about.

Nothing? I know there was a fight between them. I know Petito was declared a missing person. I know her body was found, and she had been strangled. I know Laundrie went back to Florida. I know he was at a campground with his parents after she disappeared. I know he was with his parents multiple times after the police began looking for him. I know his parents drove his vehicle after he disappeared. I know a search warrant was issued for Petito's van, and it was discovered it had been wiped clean. I know that his parents were at the preserve yesterday with police, went into the brush unaccompanied by police, picked up his backpack, and gave it to law enforcement. I know Laundrie was shown on ATM cameras withdrawing money from Petito's bank account after she had been missing for a week to ten days. I also know that when a female is murdered, DOJ statistics show about 60% of those slayings are committed by a domestic partner or family member.

Drawing a conclusion based on what is known is a lot different than speculating she was crazed on drugs, attacked Laundrie, and he accidentally killed her. That's simply stupid conjecture.

This has nothing to do with morality.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There isn't a 1000 variables to murder, to a death happening on the other hand maybe.

Murder:
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
You know what I mean. Lets call it a “killing” instead then.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
MY OP Luandrie was a secret nut job maybe a sexual deviant , like said earlier He/They had some contact or involvement in the two murdered Utah girls, Gabby freaked, He oft her to cover it up but it backfired ... The swamp thing? Someone tracked Him down and ofted him and fed him to the gators My story and I'm sticking to it ... Lawyers , yes they have thier place in life , We have one on retainer ...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nothing? I know there was a fight between them. I know Petito was declared a missing person. I know her body was found, and she had been strangled. I know Laundrie went back to Florida. I know he was at a campground with his parents after she disappeared. I know he was with his parents multiple times after the police began looking for him. I know his parents drove his vehicle after he disappeared. I know a search warrant was issued for Petito's van, and it was discovered it had been wiped clean. I know that his parents were at the preserve yesterday with police, went into the brush unaccompanied by police, picked up his backpack, and gave it to law enforcement. I know Laundrie was shown on ATM cameras withdrawing money from Petito's bank account after she had been missing for a week to ten days. I also know that when a female is murdered, DOJ statistics show about 60% of those slayings are committed by a domestic partner or family member.

Drawing a conclusion based on what is known is a lot different than speculating she was crazed on drugs, attacked Laundrie, and he accidentally killed her. That's simply stupid conjecture.

Without the social media outrage there are some DA’s that wouldn’t charge with that.

TeamGreene

Reaction score

EXACTLY!!!! Just because we don't know what transpired between the two of them doesn't mean we know nothing at all. We know enough to know what should have been done when he show's up in FL out of the blue without Gabby and her mother is trying to find her. That's all I need to know.