WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BRING IT ! (NRA)

McKay

Reaction score
Good for them. Too bad LaPierre is still involved however.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The management of the NRA is completely disappointing.. at some point it became more about the politics of the group than about the members and the cause..

I signed up for the NRA last year at a show.. oldschool triple copy papers.. imprint credit card machine.. I was like wtf?

they could do so much more with minimal
Investment.. I kinda half ass want to get involved to straighten that part of it out, but the corruption at upper management makes me not want to bother..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
The management of the NRA is completely disappointing.. at some point it became more about the politics of the group than about the members and the cause..

I signed up for the NRA last year at a show.. oldschool triple copy papers.. imprint credit card machine.. I was like wtf?

they could do so much more with minimal
Investment.. I kinda half ass want to get involved to straighten that part of it out, but the corruption at upper management makes me not want to bother..

RD,
The actions of the executive committee of the NRA, have in my mind become like that of our political class. They have been horrendously irresponsible to membership at large for quite some time. I have been borderline tempted to not renew for years. Problem is, who else?

There's SCI (Safari Club International) but they are an international hunters advocacy group. They too have huge, greed and "good ol' boy" at the top cronyism issues. These groups all suffer from elitism. I was on the BOD of the Phoenix Chapter of Safari Club for 11 years and saw all this shit first hand. I resigned because of it.

Money seems to corrupt even the most noble of them. Face it, the NRA leadership has sold us out. They have put personal gain above their mission.

As I stated in another NRA thread, we need a well liked and respected spokesman. Much like the late Charleston Heston. Perhaps Tom Selleck or???

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Instead of calling a single household four times a week, they should be out banging on doors getting people interested.
They have gone off the political rails but at the same time there are people spending billions to take away our 2nd amendment rights.
Total cluster imo.
I still send them my Money.

Tank

Reaction score
This is a political move from that POS AG. The NRA is the largest financial supporter and promoter of the Republican party. A lawsuit is going to take some of that money away from that promoting and campaigning to fight a frivolous lawsuit. That's the whole point of the suite. It's not to win, dumb bitch has no case (to close down the NRA). But it's distraction in an election year.

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
This is a political move from that POS AG. The NRA is the largest financial supporter and promoter of the Republican party. A lawsuit is going to take some of that money away from that promoting and campaigning to fight a frivolous lawsuit. That's the whole point of the suite. It's not to win, dumb bitch has no case. But it's distraction in an election year.

Tank,
You're correct who is doing this and why. But the actions of the Executive Committee, gave them this on a silver platter. You cannot blame your opposition for timing their attack to their best advantage. The Executive Committee is culpable by their past actions.

Now they'll use monies to fight anti-gun legislation to defend themselves. Complete horseshit.

Tank

Reaction score
Tank,
You're correct who is doing this and why. But the actions of the Executive Committee, gave them this on a silver platter. You cannot blame your opposition for timing their attack to their best advantage. The Executive Committee is culpable by their past actions.

Now they'll use monies to fight anti-gun legislation to defend themselves. Complete horseshit.
Sounds like the suit may be a blessing in disguise in a way. I don't EVER see the NRA being dissolved but I do see it forcing out LaPierre and others at the top which sounds like what needs to happen.

530RL

Reaction score
The suit is basically exactly what Nganga is speaking of. Financial abuse of donor money out of a non-profit that is a NY corporation.

This is not new amongst non-profits, just bigger and because it is the NRA it makes the headlines. Looks like the NRA has some serious financial issues that every donor should be concerned about. That money was resources that could have gone to protecting 2A rights and promoting conservatives who support the 2A, but instead went to frivolous expenditures while being subsidized by the American taxpayer with their tax exempt status.

Looks like a valid suit to me; and one that every conservative who gives to the NRA and wants to fight those that oppose gun rights should take seriously and demand change within the NRA.

Tank

Reaction score
The grounds for the suit sounds like they have merit and actually a complaint by actual members for a while. But that dumb bitch looking to "close the NRA"?? Please. Fuckin' theatrics.

Just reminds me I need to join up. 😆👍

530RL

Reaction score
The grounds for the suit sounds like they have merit and actually a complaint by actual members for a while. But that dumb bitch looking to "close the NRA"?? Please. Fuckin' theatrics.

Just reminds me I need to join up. 😆👍

Trump supporters would call her opening bid the art of the deal.......or three dimensional chess.........or great negotiating...........or great marketing.........or the bid ask spread......... :)

Tank

Reaction score
Trump supporters would call her opening bid the art of the deal.......or three dimensional chess.........or great negotiating...........or great marketing.........or the bid ask spread......... :)
LOL Definitely playing the card she was handed. Just shooting a little high.

4Waters

Reaction score
The dems are just pissed that the NRA read page 1 of the Democratic play book

Captain Chaos

I am Gmac, Captain Chaos and I'l see you 11/2/2020
Reaction score
RD,
The actions of the executive committee of the NRA, have in my mind become like that of our political class. They have been horrendously irresponsible to membership at large for quite some time. I have been borderline tempted to not renew for years. Problem is, who else?

There's SCI (Safari Club International) but they are an international hunters advocacy group. They too have huge, greed and "good ol' boy" at the top cronyism issues. These groups all suffer from elitism. I was on the BOD of the Phoenix Chapter of Safari Club for 11 years and saw all this shit first hand. I resigned because of it.

Money seems to corrupt even the most noble of them. Face it, the NRA leadership has sold us out. They have put personal gain above their mission.

As I stated in another NRA thread, we need a well liked and respected spokesman. Much like the late Charleston Heston. Perhaps Tom Selleck or???
You know Steve Comus?

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
1596871406971.jpeg

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
You know Steve Comus?

Good Morning Gmac.

No, I do not know him personally. Hes a good gun writer but has fallen victim to writing positive stuff about free guns and trips. I've written for a couple different outdoor magazines over the years. They are both "African Centric".

I have never and will never accept gratuities from or for compensation as a result of a free gun or hunting trip. I have paid for my goods and experiences 100% on my own. I write the good and the bad, which has caused me some problems getting my work published. If there is a comment that could be construed as a negative about one of their advertisers, I get rejected.

I'm fine with that, I write about my gear and experiences from a position of a "gut burning passion", rather than a position of compensation.

Steve Comus isn't as bad as some. If you cant take what they write about as the 100% truth about a good, service or trip, you cannot accept any of it as fact.

(your posting style is far too obtuse to fool most here)

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Good Morning Gmac.

No, I do not know him personally. Hes a good gun writer but has fallen victim to writing positive stuff about free guns and trips. I've written for a couple different outdoor magazines over the years. They are both "African Centric".

I have never and will never accept gratuities from or for compensation as a result of a free gun or hunting trip. I have paid for my goods and experiences 100% on my own. I write the good and the bad, which has caused me some problems getting my work published. If there is a comment that could be construed as a negative about one of their advertisers, I get rejected.

I'm fine with that, I write about my gear and experiences from a position of a "gut burning passion", rather than a position of compensation.

Steve Comus isn't as bad as some. If you cant take what they write about as the 100% truth about a good, service or trip, you cannot accept any of it as fact.

(your posting style is far too obtuse to fool most here)
Good morning to you, sir. I know him more from Thanksgiving dinner but he’s helped me pick out a gun or two and I’ve been happy with my purchases. I appreciate your thoughts on how financial interests corrupt honest opinions- probably relevant to politics as well. And my “obtuse” style ain’t intended to fool anyone. Sweeper begged me to stick around until November so I gotta check in on y’all from time to time. Maybe even win another hundred off you on the election results! You probably remember me predicting a year ago that the Democratic ticket would be Biden/Harris (though I briefly got on the Bloomberg train), predicting Trump’s impeachment, and other things which proved prescient and fattened my wallet. Gotta say though, the P&G gets pretty dull when anti First Amendment types cry to Dave and get all the dissenting voices kicked off this forum. I believe you and WTG were among the few to express some regret over that censorship months ago, but I assume I’ll be gone again by noon. I draw my inspiration from the hydra of myth though and coming up with new screen names and IP addresses to piss off the management has become part of the fun! See you around!

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Definitely GMac! I recognize his shoes and the smell of Russia Russia, Russia ;)

View attachment 908114
And surely you know that your buddy Jeff Sessions prosecuted Ms Butina for infiltrating the NRA on behalf of Putin to try to influence American politics. Sometimes it smells like Russia Russia Russia because you stepped in a big old steaming pile of Russia!

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
I outlasted my prediction that I’d be banned again by noon. 94 must be asleep.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Meh, probably just try something new. Easier than keeping track of those old passwords.
There's a system for that...Click on forgot password and create a new password then go verify with your email used and you're back in if granted.

On the 3rd of November, I believe most here would just like to see if you'll get to post a happy face or a sad face smiley face ;).

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Back to the NRA...

* The lawsuit will work for the left because it will cause the NRA to spend a lot more money on lawyers which is a win for the Democratic Communist party
* It got my attention and I re-joined and sent them $$$

Seems these days there are few ways - few better ways - to have my voice heard than by donating $$$ to those who need it to try and help save this country in November and beyond