WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bringing home job site trash…

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
What’s a course of action for a neighbor that continues to bring home job site junk and process it in his front yard? Today’s project is breaking a French door window and getting broken glass everywhere. Then leaving the pieces on the sidewalk in hopes a recycling truck comes around.

I get it, working guy but it’s every day he’s outside cutting sawing breaking stuff and dumping it in his trash abs overflowing or leaving “recycling” out for someone else to come clean up. Why cant he just take his junk to the dump like everyone else?

I’ve caught him bringing home lumber and burning it in a bonfire pit in his backyard. During the summer it’s 80-90 and I can’t open a window because there’s smoke from a fire that nobody is enjoying. It sucks. One time it was pressure treated lumber after I peeked through the fence and the smoke was horrible.

7F6D2538-60C8-4746-8BE1-C6D18D9FF2B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Im guessing theres a.local ordinance about broken glass on the sidewalk. Put him on the City Inspectors radar.
As for firepit in his own backyard....... ask him politely not to....... or youre starting a war.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
This same guy complained about your bus?

hallett21

Reaction score
I sometimes, and I mean 3-4x a year park our dump trailer in front of the house overnight due to missing the landfill operating hours. I always make sure it’s covered and smashed down so that all you see is the truck and trailer.

I feel terrible every time I do it. I would never start burning or demoing in the front yard [emoji15].

Side note there’s a “contractor” in our neighborhood who has had a full trailer for 2.5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Honestly on the pressure treated lumber maybe call 911 and say there’s a fire in the neighborhood?

Broken glass not sure how you handle that.

Is he using the house trash cans to throw away the job site trash?

ka0tyk

Reaction score
This same guy complained about your bus?

Yeah but honestly I dont care about that. I follow the law, we're permitted and legal thats all I care about. Obviously I wouldnt want someone parking a giant thing on the street either but rather that coming to us like a neighbor and asking, they went straight to the city. Which they were told to go pound sand.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Is he using the house trash cans to throw away the job site trash?

yes and when he brings it home its whole in the back of his truck and then he spends all afternoon/evening "processing it" into small pieces...

Your ad here

Reaction score
Is there some rule about dumping commercial trash in residential trash cans? I wanna say I've heard somewhere before and it's a no no.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but honestly I dont care about that. I follow the law, we're permitted and legal thats all I care about. Obviously I wouldnt want someone parking a giant thing on the street either but rather that coming to us like a neighbor and asking, they went straight to the city. Which they were told to go pound sand.

With this in mind...

I'd be on the city like white on Rice. Take them pics and whatever else you got.

Fuck that guy!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If I had leftovers from a job, a trashcan or so, I used to saw it down into smaller bits on site. Then when I got home, just fill the can. If it were a truckload, different story. Usually, being in roofing, I'd have the rafter tails and fascia that needed replacing done the day before the tear off crew. They'd pick up the trash I piled the next morning with the rest.

Ot was bad enough I had the only work truck in the neighborhood, never wanted to draw more attention than necessary.

WYRD

Reaction score
Personally I'd say live and let live, issues with neighbors are never good and it looks like he keeps his yard nice. Fires might be an issue, loom at the city ordinances likely they don't allow open pit fires or at least without a burn permit.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Get a hockey mask and a chainsaw. Stand near your palm trees and appear to trim them. Stalk back and forth revving the chainsaw. Do this everytime he's out there. See if he gets the hint.

I hate neighbors. If I had the money I'd buy their house and have it demolished.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Get a hockey mask and a chainsaw. Stand near your palm trees and appear to trim them. Stalk back and forth revving the chainsaw. Do this everytime he's out there. See if he gets the hint.

I hate neighbors. If I had the money I'd buy their house and have it demolished.
I definitely couldn't afford my neighbor's house before I moved. So, I moved where the lots are quite a bit bigger.

Now I can walk around wearing nothing but my goalie mask 🤪

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Call the city tell them you saw him throwing away moldy popcorn ceiling pieces and old weird looking insulation while he was wearing a tyvek suit

gqchris

Reaction score
Im going thru this right now remodeling a bathroom at my house and its driving me crazy! I called the trash company to schedule a special pickup, they no showed. So now I have been breaking things down and processing it and feel like shit doing it. Im about to go hire a junker at home depot and come get this. Its not even that much. Its only been a few days, but still!

So I cant imagine a neighbor doing that shit daily. In surpised the trash company is lifting his heavy cans. One time my buddy tried to fill the can and trash truck picked up can and it beeped, came down and guy told him “no construction materials!”

NicPaus

Reaction score
Im going thru this right now remodeling a bathroom at my house and its driving me crazy! I called the trash company to schedule a special pickup, they no showed. So now I have been breaking things down and processing it and feel like shit doing it. Im about to go hire a junker at home depot and come get this. Its not even that much. Its only been a few days, but still!

So I cant imagine a neighbor doing that shit daily. In surpised the trash company is lifting his heavy cans. One time my buddy tried to fill the can and trash truck picked up can and it beeped, came down and guy told him “no construction materials!”
Those home depot guys are $500 a load here. I fill up my cans all the time with job site trash to save a trip. $130 minimum load charge. My house is in the hood though. And I have a dump trailer parked in front currently.

Dump trailer is a little unsightly but not as bad as the Gardner across the streets dump truck. His brother also parks his dump truck on the street and doesn't even live near there. It sits there majority of the time as they hardly use it.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Maybe go ask him to sweep up the glass?

Maybe just go broom all the glass up and dump it on his front porch?

But for him dumping trash in his trash, really?

I’m glad all my neighbors do what they want on their property and I don’t complain…

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Tell him to keep the glass whole…I’ll take it for free…I go through a lot of glass on my blast cabinet

WYRD

Reaction score

I’m glad all my neighbors do what they want on their property and I don’t complain…

Exactly 👍

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Or he’s padding his pockets with those dump fees [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s how he can afford to live by the beach! The secrete of the 1%’s have been discovered. 🤣

Runs2rch

Reaction score
So he’s too cheap to pay the $55 minimum load.

He pays for trash service. Unlimited bulky item pickups on regular trash day. Neighbors like this are the worst.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I had a guy in the neighborhood who would walk around the corner out of the view of his house and smoke cigarettes and toss them onto the sidewalk and landscaping.

I went over there with a bucket and picked them up and dumped them on his door step.
He has since moved to a different spot to litter.

gqchris

Reaction score
We have a neighbor clown here that has 8 of his millennial ADULT kids living with him at his house. On Trash night, he likes to sneak around and dump trash in everyone's normal filled cans. He is too fucking cheap to rent more cans from the trash company, I have told him multiple times. He asks, what's the harm? I told him I don't know what he has in those bags and I don't want my name or address attached to it! He looked at me like I was crazy.

So now, I watch my cameras and turn my sprinklers on if I see him doing it. First time was hilarious!!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I get it, neighbors doing shit you wouldn't and or not able to do but this sounds like a white collar professional bitch / whine fest. Dudes yard looks like he respects the neighborhood... takes care of his business... let it go. It could be worse. People that work in the trades are creative, in what they build and how they pay for things. are to

I paid for an Eliminator Eagle 25 XP mostly with recycled copper , aluminum and SS from a couple of jobs a decade ago..

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

@ka0tyk is better than this.

He'd sweep up the glass and ask the neighbor to keep the sidewalk clear... As he has kids playing on the sidewalk.

Hopefully the neighbor understands and keeps it glass free. Not trying to start a war.

If not, well, there's a bus that needs a parking spot. On Wednesdays. At 2 am. Or Sundays. At 6 am. Or something like that. Whatever works. Never know when you want to go for a little bus ride, right?

Dan'l

wzuber

Reaction score
Or he’s padding his pockets with those dump fees [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[/QUOTE
^^^^^ likely this.
He prolly doesn' want the customer seeing him break it down on the jobsite

Your ad here

Reaction score
We have a neighbor clown here that has 8 of his millennial ADULT kids living with him at his house. On Trash night, he likes to sneak around and dump trash in everyone's normal filled cans. He is too fucking cheap to rent more cans from the trash company, I have told him multiple times. He asks, what's the harm? I told him I don't know what he has in those bags and I don't want my name or address attached to it! He looked at me like I was crazy.

So now, I watch my cameras and turn my sprinklers on if I see him doing it. First time was hilarious!!!
My neighbor was doing the same and topping off my trash cans with all his mail order boxes and packaging. I dont want any responsibility for his garbage... I set my cans out the morning of now.

Your ad here

Reaction score
As a joke... I would screw the lids shut on his trash cans.

ka0tyk

Reaction score

id be 500% fine with you doing that as a neighbor. Hell I’d bring my cans over to help. You’re improving YOUR property not bringing home everyone else’s and dragging down ours…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… there is a reason that I have for the most part have tried to live very rurally… When I lived in the middle of the hundred acres at Lake Oroville… I didn’t have a neighbor for a quarter of a mile… but lesson learned… it doesn’t matter where you go or how far you are away from people… There is still going to be problems… I got some bizarre stories of my 21 years up at Lake Orovillle…

teded

Reaction score
IMG_5678.jpg