Bringing some Facebook to Rdp

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
109833818_814807165951504_9198823294886355308_n.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So I’ve never found anything outside the railroad, but the rumor from the old heads was that Ash Hill Ca was named by the railroad back in the 1800’s. Was named because that’s when/where the Indians (from Northern AZ) and the Chinese (LA area) met and the railroad became a run through. They celebrated with a huge feed of which the Railroad paid for, and spiked the meat with Cyanide, as to not pay either side then they burned their bodies. However there is also physical proof of lava rocks all over so it’s probably more likely there was once Volcanic eruptions out there. But the other story seems more old tale interesting.
85357328-4805-4EA7-9050-2F9CE9254582.png

Taboma

Reaction score
So I’ve never found anything outside the railroad, but the rumor from the old heads was that Ash Hill Ca was named by the railroad back in the 1800’s. Was named because that’s when/where the Indians (from Northern AZ) and the Chinese (LA area) met and the railroad became a run through. They celebrated with a huge feed of which the Railroad paid for, and spiked the meat with Cyanide, as to not pay either side then they burned their bodies. However there is also physical proof of lava rocks all over so it’s probably more likely there was once Volcanic eruptions out there. But the other story seems more old tale interesting.
View attachment 899643

Not Benjamin Ash a Southern Pacific Surveyor who perished in the area due to the elements ? Of course I cheated and found that on "TrainOrders" website 😁
You know, one of those interweb places where strange train fetish guys bench race. 😉 😂

"Apparently we are dismissing history. "Ash Hill" has been so named since 1883, and has nothing to do with the geology of the area, though it is often so mistakenly associated. It was named in honor of Southern Pacific "Colorado Division*" Surveyor Benjamin Ash, who perished from dehydration in the vicinity of the apex there."

I did read on a mining website about 50 Chinese railroad workers who perished of cholera south of there in Bagdad.

Anyway, I liked your story better and since I got my yard work done and I'm sitting bored, I had to look

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Of course I cheated and found that on "TrainOrders" website 😁
You know, one of those interweb places where strange train fetish guys bench race. 😉 😂
You'll find Boats n Blondes there too.

Taboma

Reaction score
You'll find Boats n Blondes there too.

Thanks for the warning, but up until a bit ago, never knew that website existed.
I just enjoy looking up and reading about some of the fascinating desert history and the daring dreamers and hardy souls that somehow survived living out there. One day while perusing old maps of where our ranch is, I stumbled across a USGS Historical Topographic Map Explorer. You can pick a place, then a timeline will become available allowing you to view and save if you wish, amazingly detailed USGS topo maps well into the 1800s.
I find them captivating and educational, I can easily burn an afternoon viewing how areas have changed and old place names.

Here's one from 1911 of Havasu to Parker. Obviously before any dams. I've reduced this one a bit in quality and size, RDP didn't like the original file size.

Havasu - Parker 1911 sm.jpg