WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bringing some Facebook to Rdp

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
106562114_3980097625395564_7688258543605937554_o.jpg
Reminds me of the empty one that sat on the north end of Havasu in the 70's.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Very similar to a conversation I had several years ago with a young man of about 13 at the time, who lives across the street from me. Ironically, his parents do vote Republican.
In this case, he came over telling me about a school project that asked them to participate in a community service and apparently performing some good deed for your neighbor would count. His offer was " Can I tidy up your shop ". To which I responded, no thanks, I can misplace things or store them in secret locations well enough myself, but I've got something else in mind.

I handed him a bucket and a tool to aid in the extraction of weeds, walked him across the street to their front yard adjoining the street, he was giving me a puzzled look.
I then went on to explain, you'd be doing me a favor if you remove and weeds and clean up this area of your own front yard I look at daily. He still appeared confused, so I again explained he'd be doing me a service at the same time helping his parents. Up until that time, in all the years we'd been neighbors, not once has either son lifted a finger to do any yard work.

After about 20 minutes of pulling maybe a dozen weeds, he walked back over and handed back my almost empty buck and tool, stating he didn't like that job, it was hard and boring.

I said fine, I've got nothing more for you. A few minutes later his mom came out, noticeable upset after getting the report back from her son how the mean neighbor man wanted him to perform manual labor on HIS OWN house. She then told me in no uncertain terms how the job I'd given him didn't meet the project criteria. I nicely explained how I disagreed, how he would have been doing me a service and I'd have been happy to sign my name to verify his service and that technically, it was working for me, since my legal parcel actually extends several feet down the opposite side of our private road, so those weeds growing unattended between your landscaping, is my property, I let you use because it's of no use to me over there.
She huffed off, but a few days later she had her husband out there pulling the weeds. 😂

What's wrong with America, begins at home, it's not all the fault of the schools.

It starts with the parents IMO most are teaching them not to take care of themselves and be self sufficient. I don't get it it who wants to take care of a 30 year old that thinks he do good for hard work.

I have a buddy in a similar situation always bitching about it. I told him charge him rent and pay for his own food and utilities. His comeback was oh he won't do that I said there you go your own fault you created the animal. We didn't really talk much after that, 1 1/2 years later he called me and said you were right I made my son move out or start pitching in. I asked what did he do he said he moved out and struggled for awhile doing ok now. He said I should have done that when he was 21 and not wanting to go get s job.

Taboma

Reaction score
It starts with the parents IMO most are teaching them not to take care of themselves and be self sufficient. I don't get it it who wants to take care of a 30 year old that thinks he do good for hard work.

I have a buddy in a similar situation always bitching about it. I told him charge him rent and pay for his own food and utilities. His comeback was oh he won't do that I said there you go your own fault you created the animal. We didn't really talk much after that, 1 1/2 years later he called me and said you were right I made my son move out or start pitching in. I asked what did he do he said he moved out and struggled for awhile doing ok now. He said I should have done that when he was 21 and not wanting to go get s job.

Yup, both the 21 YO (The 13 YO I'd mentioned) and 26 YO sons still living at home, probably will be for the foreseeable future, why leave ? They smoke their joints, do whatever they want and ole dad is still the only out in the yard working on weekends. Occasionally I have seen the younger son actually bring the empty cans back in a few days after trash day. Hell, the younger one even has his GF living there most the time, the older one did too until I think the gal wised up and dumped his ass. Guess she slightly loftier goals in life. 😂

nameisbond

Reaction score
A guy I grew up with. Think he was a year or two older. I'm 48 now. Anyway, the guy still lives at home. Its the same house he grew up in. Daddy bought him an Acura NSX, I wouldn't leave either in that case!

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Yup, both the 21 YO (The 13 YO I'd mentioned) and 26 YO sons still living at home, probably will be for the foreseeable future, why leave ? They smoke their joints, do whatever they want and ole dad is still the only out in the yard working on weekends. Occasionally I have seen the younger son actually bring the empty cans back in a few days after trash day. Hell, the younger one even has his GF living there most the time, the older one did too until I think the gal wised up and dumped his ass. Guess she slightly loftier goals in life. [emoji23]

I worry about this with my two bio sons and their mother.

I’m a driver. I hold my children and stepchildren to a very high standard. My two oldest step children are in honors and IB programs. My oldest bio son is doing advanced classes but he’s starting to fall behind and his mother makes excuses for him saying I demand to much of him, in her opinion a C grade average is perfectly acceptable. She’s already told the kids they don’t need to go to college and they don’t need to make a lot of money like their father to be successful in life.

Ive made things very clear to my kids. When they graduate high school they are out of the house. They can either go to college and I’ll pay for their first two years along with room and board. If they don’t want to go to college they will need to go into some kind of trade or go to work immediately In a capacity that will allow them to support themselves, they can have one year to live with me but they will be responsible for paying rent, part of the utilities and their own car insurance. If they don’t like my rules they can mooch off their mom and live in whatever government assisted housing she’s living in at the time.

I will not coddle my children. I’ve lived on my own the majority of my adult life and fending for myself was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score

I’m a driver. I hold my children and stepchildren to a very high standard. My two oldest step children are in honors and IB programs. My oldest bio son is doing advanced classes but he’s starting to fall behind and his mother makes excuses for him saying I demand to much of him, in her opinion a C grade average is perfectly acceptable. She’s already told the kids they don’t need to go to college and they don’t need to make a lot of money like their father to be successful in life.

Ive made things very clear to my kids. When they graduate high school they are out of the house. They can either go to college and I’ll pay for their first two years along with room and board. If they don’t want to go to college they will need to go into some kind of trade or go to work immediately In a capacity that will allow them to support themselves, they can have one year to live with me but they will be responsible for paying rent, part of the utilities and their own car insurance. If they don’t like my rules they can mooch off their mom and live in whatever government assisted housing she’s living in at the time.

I will not coddle my children. I’ve lived on my own the majority of my adult life and fending for myself was the best thing to ever happen to me.

My own two children are mid to later 40's :eek: They've done fine with their respective attributes, but it's my grandkids I'm concerned about. I've offered to provide an "Ole fashioned, hard work" summer camp at Grandpa's, you know, some good healthy outdoors OJT, my offers are met with a smiley face emoji, which I take is a nice way of saying "Are you daft" 😂 Hints that my grand son just might be just a teeny bit a soft momma's boy, got me an " Don't make me drive down and kill you" emoji :oops:

So basically ole gramps is going to mind his own damned business and spend every dime I'm able before I die --- I figure that's one choice in life that belongs to my wife and I. 😁

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Instead of buying your children all the things you never had, you should teach them all the things you were never taught. Material wears out but knowledge stays.

- Bruce Lee

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Reminds me of the empty one that sat on the north end of Havasu in the 70's.

There's a black cutout of a dog right down the street from one of the marinas by me that I drive by somewhat regularly when I'm working on a boat at said marina. There are houses around and it pretty much serves the same purpose so I get it. But occasionally people like to fuck with it.

One time I drove by and somebody had turned it upside down and dumped a bunch of empty beer cans next to it. Im not one for littering but I busted up when I saw that. Also about 50ft away theres a pedestrian crossing sign, there was a budlight can superglued to his hand for the better part of 3 years 🤣

4Waters

Reaction score
Driving car shows with a marginally legal rig, Tennessee was the only place that hassled me! Scaled out, some computer program call Mile Marker, asking what zip code I left from, log book rectal exam...blew every scale there after that!
Oregon does that on I5, you hit a scale as you enter the state, they enter your license plate number into a computer with a time stamp and you hit a scale just before you exit the state. If you get from one side to the other to quickly you get a ticket.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Oregon does that on I5, you hit a scale as you enter the state, they enter your license plate number into a computer with a time stamp and you hit a scale just before you exit the state. If you get from one side to the other to quickly you get a ticket.
I would have been ok with that...they wanted the zip from SoCal! Then they averaged your speed over the 6 states and 2000 miles!
If it weren't for 60 miles of roadwork through Texas, I think they still have me breaking rocks on the pile :oops: