WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bringing some Facebook to Rdp

Clank123

Reaction score
553B5C99-D2AE-491B-9B4E-980C0EDAF16A.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If it was wag the dog, I am sure the electric brake controller for the double tow would have cured it.
Speed is the issue

That can am is about 1900 lbs. , trailer another 1500 (I own both/similar weights)

You get over the speed limit and that weight sways on the rear trailer. Especially at that length. Approx. 19’, it’s luck for it to not end this way.

Doubles are fine when trailers are equal length, weights.

The odds aren’t there in non commercial vehicles to have both trailers safe over posted speed.

Too many variables to send that particular weighted trailer into a wag over 60 mph.

probablecause

Reaction score
Again, a camera and a couple of taps on the electric brake would have stopped it (if it was a wag which starts off slow given no other "sudden" parameters)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Again, a camera and a couple of taps on the electric brake would have stopped it (if it was a wag which starts off slow given no other "sudden" parameters)
Too much speed over limits supercedes that to work

Doubles are for commercial license holders for a reason.
too many varibles for me to do it off duty

I’ll stick to this :
5F59968D-12C1-4372-BFD5-62A66402FDD3.jpeg
5F59968D-12C1-4372-BFD5-62A66402FDD3.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score

Do this types of setups have two separate brake controllers ? Or do they just have one controlling both trailers ? I'm guessing with one controller, bias priority can be tricky.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Do this types of setups have two separate brake controllers ? Or do they just have one controlling both trailers ? I'm guessing with one controller, bias priority can be tricky.
Most don't. 9 times out of 10, the people figure the trailer is heavy enough, and wing it. One of the major issues is the distance from the axle to the tow hitch. The swing isn't an issue with a diesel pusher... Now, the tail starts swinging, Mr. RV'r taps his controller, and it slows a bit, but upsets the tag trailer even more.
Worst part, insurance company won't cover a dime if he doesn't have endorsements for doubles. At least that's how they were playing in Ca a few years back.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Mine controled both ( breaks on both trailers ) Never had any issues and I always set trailer break to grab 1st