WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brittney Griner Trial

SoCalDave

Reaction score
First off she gets what she deserves for being so stupid and I could give a rats ass about her but for the life of me I can't figure her mentality to wear that Jimi Hendrix shirt to court and now a Nipsey Hustle shirt. Why is her lawyer letting her wear pot smoking musicians shirts to court. If I was facing 10 years for pot I would have a 3 piece suit on.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
First off she gets what she deserves for being so stupid and I could give a rats ass about her but for the life of me I can't figure her mentality to wear that Jimi Hendrix shirt to court and now a Nipsey Hustle shirt. Why is her lawyer letting her wear pot smoking musicians shirts to court. If I was facing 10 years for pot I would have a 3 piece suit on.
I read a headline early this morning saying she plead guilty??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Didn't read article tho.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Why would you travel to a foreign with cannabis? Just dumb. She plans to sit during our Anthem so she obviously doeant like it here. Stay in Russia then
Perfect ending I'd say. She has been going to Russia for years in the offseason so she knows the law and chose to do it anyway. So eff her she wins the dumb shit award and gets to experience what it's like to live elsewhere since it's so fucking bad here. Buh bye!!

airchair.rider

Reaction score
avA69ZX_700b.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not griner first trip to Russia. She should have written that letter last week to putin,instead of brandon.

“Griner plays overseas in the WNBA off-season.[49] In the 2013–14 off-season, she played in China for the Zhejiang Golden Bulls of the WCBA where she signed a four-month contract for $600,000, which was 12 times the amount she made in her rookie season with the Mercury.[50] In the 2014–15 and 2015–16 off-seasons, Griner played in Russia for UMMC Ekaterinburg with teammate Diana Taurasi, winning back-to-back championships.”

retaocleg

Reaction score
i am laughing more about her tooting her own horn, saying she is better than boogie cousins........lol

for non nba people, demarcus cousins.......beast from Sacramento kings, before injuries took him out

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Asking for a friend, did Otto Warmbier get what he deserves? He broke the law in North Korea, and was punished accordingly to their laws. Did the Trump admin do the right thing by securing his release?

I am no fan of Brittney Griner, but her saying things that I don't like about America (protected by the first amendment) doesn't mean that she deserves any percentage of what she may get. She fucked up, she broke the law in Russia. The possibility of 10 years in a Russian prison for 0.45 grams of hash oil is ridiculous. There are entire threads on RDP about people growing their own pot, quantities much higher than 0.45 grams.

retaocleg

Reaction score
and bet they wait till midterms to spring her........her wife is complaining biden isnt doing anything

Reactions: DWC

retaocleg

Reaction score
There are entire threads on RDP about people growing their own pot, quantities much higher than 0.45 grams.
only where legal.......spot the difference.........

.i too think she should be swapped for, and maybe she will have more appreciation for the freedoms she has here🤷‍♂️

USMC2010

Reaction score
Asking for a friend, did Otto Warmbier get what he deserves? He broke the law in North Korea, and was punished accordingly to their laws. Did the Trump admin do the right thing by securing his release?

I am no fan of Brittney Griner, but her saying things that I don't like about America (protected by the first amendment) doesn't mean that she deserves any percentage of what she may get. She fucked up, she broke the law in Russia. The possibility of 10 years in a Russian prison for 0.45 grams of hash oil is ridiculous. There are entire threads on RDP about people growing their own pot, quantities much higher than 0.45 grams.
Irony is a bitch

TeamGreene

Reaction score

Comparing Otto being beat to death is a stretch. RDP peeps growing legal personal pot in the US has zero correlation to what BG did.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
only where legal.......spot the difference.........

.i too think she should be swapped for, and maybe she will have more appreciation for the freedoms she has here🤷‍♂️

For sure, just pointing out that some people have mentioned that she broke US law because Hash is Schedule 1. Even if legal in your state to grow pot, the feds would be entirely within boundaries to lock you up.

I also think this is an opportunity to show her how great america is.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Comparing Otto being beat to death is a stretch. RDP peeps growing legal personal pot in the US has zero correlation to what BG did.

Respectfully, I don't see the comparison as a stretch. Russian prisons are not known for being kind places, wouldn't be entirely a stretch to think that she could be beat to death in a Russian prison too. Especially with people in this thread hoping she goes to a mens prison to be raped, crosses a line for me.

Responded above about the comparison to people growing, it is federally illegal just like Hash oil is federally illegal, and illegal in Russia.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Respectfully, I don't see the comparison as a stretch. Russian prisons are not known for being kind places, wouldn't be entirely a stretch to think that she could be beat to death in a Russian prison too. Especially with people in this thread hoping she goes to a mens prison to be raped, crosses a line for me.

Responded above about the comparison to people growing, it is federally illegal just like Hash oil is federally illegal, and illegal in Russia.
If she were smarter than a rock, this thread wouldn’t exist. Sucks to be her.

TeamGreene

Reaction score

All the more reason to not do stupid shit when in Russia. If she gets back here will she drape herself in the flag or will she still be the America hating self absorbed bitch? Time will tell.

USMC2010

Reaction score
For sure, just pointing out that some people have mentioned that she broke US law because Hash is Schedule 1. Even if legal in your state to grow pot, the feds would be entirely within boundaries to lock you up.

It's too early to show her how great the US is. She needs to hurt a little before she would actually get it. If she's brought back right now, no lesson would be learned.

500bbc

Reaction score
All the more reason to not do stupid shit when in Russia. If she gets back here will she drape herself in the flag or will she still be the America hating self absorbed bitch? Time will tell.
You already know the answer to that. She'll blame the US for not getting her released sooner.

Fuck that dumb cunt.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
If she were smarter than a rock, this thread wouldn’t exist. Sucks to be her.

If Otto Warmbier were smarter than a rock, he would be alive today. Fair to say or not?

Just because another country has laws on the books, doesn't mean those laws are just. If Dave Rubin and his husband went to Saudi Arabia and were prosecuted and sentenced to death for homosexuality, should the US respond by saying "tough shit, shouldn't have broken their laws?" As a major player on the world stage, the US State Department should be involved in ensuring that US Citizens are treated in a reasonable manner, regardless of their political views and opinions about America.

2Driver

Reaction score
Stupid fucks break foreign county’s laws then expect America to put its security and welfare on the hook for their crimes.
You don’t like America, so stay where you are - LOL, write if you get the chance.

Same shit goes for all the asshats that go hiking around hositle borders and are arrested as suspected spy’s, then expect America to do a convicted terrorist exchange so they can come home.

JD D05

Reaction score
Jason Whitlock is so good.

samsah33

Reaction score
Now that she's plead guilty and admitted to possessing the oil, the real question is whether or not all of her supporters will recant after screaming that she was wrongfully detained...

TeamGreene

Reaction score
If Otto Warmbier were smarter than a rock, he would be alive today. Fair to say or not?

Just because another country has laws on the books, doesn't mean those laws are just. If Dave Rubin and his husband went to Saudi Arabia and were prosecuted and sentenced to death for homosexuality, should the US respond by saying "tough shit, shouldn't have broken their laws?" As a major player on the world stage, the US State Department should be involved in ensuring that US Citizens are treated in a reasonable manner, regardless of their political views and opinions about America.
What happened to OW is criminal, I doubt Dave would set foot in SA knowing their stance on homosexuality. Walking around Compton after dark wearing a rolex is a bad idea. So is "touring" NK.

playdeep

Reaction score

You should start writing letters to Putin/whoever to help her out.
Be sure to point out the RDP threads thingy...that will certainly help.
My take...
Phuck that cunt

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score

I don't think the state department should be meddling in civilians breaking laws in foreign countries. Know the law, know the risk, and make good choices. Otherwise, stay in the USA. Just laws have nothing to do with it, respect that you are not in the USA and need to invest in understanding the law where you travel.

It seems arrogant to think that as an American you could ignore the law in a country you are visiting.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

Otto should have been smart enough not to go into a country like NK. He paid the price. How is that our fault? We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at the state department but the point is, people make their dumb ass choices and they get what they get. Cause and affect, like it or not, needs to come back into play or we will as a society continue down the drain.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I don't think the state department should be meddling in civilians breaking laws in foreign countries. Know the law, know the risk, and make good choices. Otherwise, stay in the USA. Just laws have nothing to do with it, respect that you are not in the USA and need to invest in understanding the law where you travel.

It seems arrogant to think that as an American you could ignore the law in a country you are visiting.
Come on doing that would take personal responsibility, they ain't got time for that shit.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

I agree with this. Ensure she's not mistreated. But still let her stay there in prison. She knew the law there and she did it anyway.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

If you did something illegal in Mexico... do you expect the US to help you in any way?

I don't see a reason to help her? the only reason she has any recognition at all, is because she disrespected America to begin with.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

No one is saying that Americans should be able to break the law internationally. She broke the law and should be accordingly punished. 10 years in a Russian prison for less that 0.5g of hash oil is not reasonable, that deserves a citation and a fine, move on. Don't confuse me with people saying that she didn't do anything wrong, she fucked up 100%

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
If you did something illegal in Mexico... do you expect the US to help you in any way?

I don't see a reason to help her? the only reason she has any recognition at all, is because she disrespected America to begin with.

If the punishment fits the crime, leave me to rot. If the punishment does not fit the crime, I would hope the state department is involved through the embassy to help me.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
No one is saying that Americans should be able to break the law internationally. She broke the law and should be accordingly punished. 10 years in a Russian prison for less that 0.5g of hash oil is not reasonable, that deserves a citation and a fine, move on. Don't confuse me with people saying that she didn't do anything wrong, she fucked up 100%

Maybe if she was in America. She ain't though she is in Russia.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
That's just it you/we don't get to decide that their drug laws are unreasonable anymore than they get a say in ours.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

"One of the highest priorities of the Department of State and U.S. embassies and consulates abroad is to provide assistance to U.S. citizens incarcerated abroad. The Department of State is committed to ensuring fair and humane treatment for U.S. citizens imprisoned overseas."

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score

So a sovereign nation shouldn't be able to determine their own penalties for breaking the law? It's not like they made up a new law and penalty over some WNBA tourist.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
ok, I will be the unpopular one here. She is at the end of the day an American being used as a pawn in the game of chess between 2 countries, Even if you do not like her politics, I still think we should protect our citizens at all costs and reprimand countries that try to persecute our people beyond reason for a power play.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

Here is the problem with your thought process. You are using your feelings of what is reasonable. You are not using the law, To deem what is reasonable. There are countries where she could have gotten life in prison or worse, put to death. What is reasonable to an American who is surrounded by the drug culture, has no bearing on another countries court system. She knew the risk and took it. She lost.