WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bronco reveal.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Honestly, it is wayyyy better than I expected. My wife says I need to sell the GX and either get either the Badlands or First Edition trims in 4 door. Happy wife, happy life but it's scary not knowing the eventual price....

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Looks pretty rad. I wonder about the engine options...

Is it a Wrangler beater? Does it have a front and rear locking diff like a Rubicon?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Looks pretty rad. I wonder about the engine options...

Is it a Wrangler beater? Does it have a front and rear locking diff like a Rubicon?
Top engine is 2.7 310/400. Yes FR/R Lockers and swaybar disco.

Just saw it only has a 3,500lb towing capacity... I don't think that'll cut it for me. Ugh....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Oh, also something they didn’t hit on is turn assist. Push a button and it locks the inside tire during a turn. Tech has been on the Landcruiser for a while, and is pretty cool

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Biggest deal breaker (if they are trying to complete with a similar Jeep) .... no straight axel in the front. Jeep will eat this thing alive On the bigger trails. With the a-arm front it could potentially be a fun go fast desert cruiser with some aftermarket support.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I want the hemi jeep on 37" tires
1594690125746.png

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Biggest deal breaker (if they are trying to complete with a similar Jeep) .... no straight axel in the front. Jeep will eat this thing alive On the bigger trails. With the a-arm front it could potentially be a fun go fast desert cruiser with some aftermarket support.

IFS has come a long way.

2Driver

Reaction score
IFS has come a long way.

That new pos FAD 3 piece front axle is no bragging point on the JL and Gladiator. It’s not a lasting design for doing anything hard off road or with 37’s let alone a 6.4

I’d say Jeep may have lost their monopoly in the off road SUV market. Too bad on the low HP

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
For sure... hence my “go fast” comment. However short of an Ultra 4 set up (metric dollars) no way can a “bolt on” kit mimic the ease of making a Jeep a true trail monster. As you know the CV axel has its limits.

IFS has come a long way.

socalrzr

Reaction score
I would sell my Jeep and get a new Bronco if I could. They look awesome and the aftermarket accessories are going to increase faster than Amazon stock during the lockdown. I love my jeep, but it is an underpowered piece of crap on the road. I haven't driven the new JL, so maybe they have improved with more gears but the engine sucks.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

You could see the suspension’s limitations (lack of articulation) even in Ford’s own launch videos.

Someone will make a long travel kit for it, but since it’s 4WD it’ll ultimately still have somewhat limited travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Damn, I am not a Ford man by any means, but They did a pretty damn good job on the 2 and 4 door models. At least from what I can see in the promo video. Love the look and functionality they show.

You could see the suspension’s limitations (lack of articulation) even in Ford’s own launch videos.

Someone will make a long grave it for it, but since it’s 4WD it’ll ultimately still have somewhat limited travel.

I didnt see any mention of travel numbers in the promo video but Ill take a good IFS system over a live axle all day everyday. There is a reason why most of the front runners in the Hammers are IFS rigs. Yes those are custom monster axle setups but, long travel suspension companies are getting 16+" of travel out of 4x4 IFS with zero issue. Shit, factory Raptors pull 13" of travel in front and that is pretty nuetered (sp?) for a long travel 4x4.

pronstar

Reaction score
Damn, I am not a Ford man by any means, but They did a pretty damn good job on the 2 and 4 door models. At least from what I can see in the promo video. Love the look and functionality they show.

I didnt see any mention of travel numbers in the promo video but Ill take a good IFS system over a live axle all day everyday. There is a reason why most of the front runners in the Hammers are IFS rigs. Yes those are custom monster axle setups but, long travel suspension companies are getting 16+" of travel out of 4x4 IFS with zero issue. Shit, factory Raptors pull 13" of travel in front and that is pretty nuetered (sp?) for a long travel 4x4.

On a factory 4WD IFS, you’re lucky to get 11 inches of travel. The arms aren’t the limiting factor, the CV/U-joints ultimately limit it.

Even aftermarket long-travel kits will provide much more travel for 2WD

RVR_RCN

Reaction score
I would sell my Jeep and get a new Bronco if I could. They look awesome and the aftermarket accessories are going to increase faster than Amazon stock during the lockdown. I love my jeep, but it is an underpowered piece of crap on the road. I haven't driven the new JL, so maybe they have improved with more gears but the engine sucks.
I have the JL, trans is good and power band not bad on the highway. too much interior noise at speed in the JL, trading mine for Bronco!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
On a factory 4WD IFS, you’re lucky to get 11 inches of travel. The arms aren’t the limiting factor, the CV/U-joints ultimately limit it.

Even aftermarket long-travel kits will provide much more travel for 2WD

The Raptors pull 13" and that is because they are restricted to use the existing F-150 architecture. If you can lengthen the arms and axles the travel numbers go up. This Bronco is a ground up design. They MAY have took that into consideration (although unlikely) and allowed for longer arms and axles. The limiting factor of CV joints is really the amount of plunge the joint offers which directly effects the angle.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I think they look great. Weekend car with the doors off. I am no expert off-roader but looks like a fun car to own.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If IFS was as simple and effective as a straight axle everyone would be running around in Chevy/Gmc with 37 inch tires... But everyone knows that a lifted IFS truck is a pavement pounder and takes cubic dollars to do correctly and even then it isn't as simple and strong as a straight axle. I totally get that off road tech in IFS can out run straight axles with unlimited time and money to compete.

All you are going to see this year is the Bronco "Sport" which is a unibody escape with IFS/CV axles... weak! They are teasing you with the Bronco SUV computer renderings which will be released "maybe sometime in the early part of 2021"... Lets see the price and mark up on the Bronco SUV first to decide if anyone will want what is mechanically not anthing different than a Tahoe/Expedition. I mean a ladder frame SUV with IFS is a tahoe/expediton...

Personally, I would have loved to see the Bronco SUV use Twin Traction beams with 16 inches of travel... If you are gonna be nostalgic, why throw out the best part of the bronco.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Might get one for my wife instead of a Wrangler.

Hoping for a "new" 72 K5 Blazer Duramax...

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
not my cup of tea on the styling, but if it can be towed 4 down, will probably be a new favorite for the elderly crowd behind their motorhome. Most of those folks have jeeps that, at most, see a fire road once a year and aren't the nicest to drive on the road.

old rigger

Reaction score
The body resemble’s the old second gen Scouts.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
But the biggest problem with this new bronco? It’s a Ford and it will be in the shop as much as my last Explorer and F250. No thanks.

Taboma

Reaction score
They're going to need a better introduction video than that.
they weren't doing anything in their new bronco that I didn't do my mom's 68 Plymouth when I was a kid.

I know when my neighbor was doing the driving for some Raptor video and photo shoots, his BIG jumps ended up on the cutting room floor.
Apparently Ford is being careful not to encourage "Do not try this at home" types of stunts. 😁

2Driver

Reaction score
With the direction of the JL and gladiator I may never sell my JKU Recon. With a 2.5” lift and 34”s it does all things pretty well and is a great wheeler LOL and Im out $42k as it sits
Everything else seems like a massively priced downgrade.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bronco will never be a wrangler in the rocks

Jeep will never be a Bronco bombing through the dessert or on road

I loved my jk on 37's on the rocks but it sucked driving long distance to camp or offroad. This is why most people trailer.

The Bronco looks great and i think the fit and finish will be light years ahead of the jeep. That ecoboost v6 rips and has a ton of potential to be turned up. We obviously all wish they would have thrown the coyote at it but i'm sure they ran into cafe/carb issues as well as they are building world platforms and only the us needs a 500hp suv.

Some arms , king 3.o's and some 37" toyos and this thing is gonna rip. Bronco will also grap traction in the overland world and thats a better place to be then catering to rock crawlers.

At this point in my life i would be going Bronco.

DaveH

Reaction score
i dunno but its fugly to me. looks like the love child of a land rover bred with a ford fiesta.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

Someone will make a long travel kit for it, but since it’s 4WD it’ll ultimately still have somewhat limited travel.

you mean like the Raptor? I see this being the test and they will release the SVT Bronco next year with the 3.5 and full Raptor running gear.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
To me it looks like the fj cruiser. Short like it too. I need to see it in person

2Driver

Reaction score
It will hit the target market perfectly, all the creature comforts and the cool-durable facade.

Let s face it, 95% of Rubicon owners haven’t four wheeled anywhere we couldn’t get a 2-wheel drive. In North Scottsdale and Cave Creek it’s the soccer Mom suv of choice. If you asked them what the locker or sway bar buttons did you would get the deer in the headlights look, BUT they are prepared in case they need to do the 1,000 steps in China or drive down a ski slope. Plus, they have been watching the overland YouTube videos and once they have obtained enough gear they may go camping In it, but not yet.

LOL they can’t figure out how to pay for thier kid’s college, let alone retirement, but they have the $7k Rubicon option because you can't be too prepared as you may find yourself coming home the back way from Costco.

2Driver

Reaction score
Well OJ survived and now the Bronco survived, maybe there’s hope for Hertz?

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
you mean like the Raptor? I see this being the test and they will release the SVT Bronco next year with the 3.5 and full Raptor running gear.

The Raptor has more room to account for geometry since it’s on a full-size chassis.
The F150 A-Arms are wider than the a-arms on a Ranger (Bronco is based on a Ranger chassis).

Even then, they had to significantly widen the vehicle - it’s literally wider than an H1, won’t fit in an enclosed transporter, and is a tight squeeze even on an open rack transporter.

Widening a full-size truck by, say, 6 inches is one thing. Doing it to a much smaller vehicle means it will be a much more significant change.

I’m not tryna bash the truck at all.
It is what it is, and ford will sell all of them that they can make.

Ford was smart to spin Bronco off into its own sub-brand, like Jeep.

Toyota missed the opportunity to do the same with the Land Cruiser nameplate.

Last edited:

mbrown2

Reaction score
If anything it will bring wrangler pricing in line hopefully....as well it may push a hemi in the JL and JT platform which would flatout awesome!