WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bronco reveal.

2Driver

Reaction score
If anything it will bring wrangler pricing in line hopefully....as well it may push a hemi in the JL and JT platform which would flatout awesome!

I think they will have heat issues to address if they can actually shoe horn it in. Then you have the mpg of the 6.4 which would translate to a 250 mile range. They would have to address the FAD axle as the torque of the 6.4 would Grenade that pos.
I’d be happy with a dependable V6 with 75 more hp and 50 more lbs of torque.

jesco

Reaction score
I think they will have heat issues to address if they can actually shoe horn it in. Then you have the mpg of the 6.4 which would translate to a 250 mile range. They would have to address the FAD axle as the torque of the 6.4 would Grenade that pos.
I’d be happy with a dependable V6 with 75 more hp and 50 more lbs of torque.
They released this yesterday, 6.4L V8 Hemi...

jeep.png

2Driver

Reaction score
Yeah it looks nice but I’m not sure that is just a “look what we did” marketing distraction.

LOL the Jeep guys in production and engineering are like, Marketing said we are doing what!?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly I had about zero in this thing but now that I watched the videos I really want one. Lol. I keep thinking off-roading woth AC & Heat!
I don’t think this thjng is gonna do what I typically like to do though

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Land Rover redid the Defender, but made it look like all the other little Range Rover models. No pizazz. The Bronco has some pizazz!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
At least we will get to look forward to the "I can build a ford AWD Escape with better capabilities for cheaper" posts on the ford forums...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I know it's a dedicated mall cruiser lol but kinda disappointed in the towing numbers for the four door. It's got the horsepower. It's got the transmission. What's the weak link the brakes? The suspension? My wife's Mazda cx9 tows what this can and that's just sad. I was holding out hope that they would at least be able to tow 6k. That does it new f150 for me which is a shame because I would have dropped all the coin for a bad ass bronco. The gladiator is too small too ugly and too much money...

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I think the basic stripped down version looks kinda cool as does the First Edition.
We went up a few models and have a deposit on the:
2021Bronco_Series_WILDTRAK.tif

If it doesn't look like the pic in real life, and if we can't get the color we want, and they hit us with a premium price then the deal is off. I have a feeling the wheels and tires may be photo enhanced, over-exaggerated for the advertising. We'll see.
Yeah,, it's happened in the past.

It's no BFD to the casual user but something occasionally unique to Ford 4WDs is/are rear and front lockers.
It's available on the Bronco and it's fantastic to have from my experiences.
All models are 4WD BTW, dunno if that includes the lockers as standard on all models.

The stock suspension is going to be really good too. May not be what the serious offroader wants,, but it'll still be good.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I know it's a dedicated mall cruiser lol but kinda disappointed in the towing numbers for the four door. It's got the horsepower. It's got the transmission. What's the weak link the brakes? The suspension? My wife's Mazda cx9 tows what this can and that's just sad. I was holding out hope that they would at least be able to tow 6k. That does it new f150 for me which is a shame because I would have dropped all the coin for a bad ass bronco. The gladiator is too small too ugly and too much money...
Aluminum flat bed tandem axle trailer is on our order list too for just that reason.

2Driver

Reaction score
Those tires definitely photo chopped especially the passenger front one. Personally I’d like a slightly smaller and narrower tire with some flex room in the wheel well. Pic looks nice.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think the basic stripped down version looks kinda cool as does the First Edition.

If it doesn't look like the pic in real life, and if we can't get the color we want, and they hit us with a premium price then the deal is off. I have a feeling the wheels and tires may be photo enhanced, over-exaggerated for the advertising. We'll see.

It's no BFD to the casual user but something occasionally unique to Ford 4WDs is/are rear and front lockers.
All models are 4WD BTW, dunno if that includes the lockers as standard on all models.

The stock suspension is going to be really good too. May not be what the serious offroader wants,, but it'll still be good.

Any pic you see from a carmaker has hours upon hours of photoshop. Art directors will noodle the shit out of anything before it gets to the public [emoji106]

I totally hear you on lockers.
My Silverado only has the G80 rear, it locks when it senses wheel slip and is close to garbage.
And nothing at all is available for the front.

I may put a Torsen in the back, but likely will have to get another 3/4-ton truck to replace this one...I need the option of at least LSD up front, if not a locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

Interesting article not sure how real it is but if it works...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
No 7 speed in the 4 door? Bummer. Base model Sasquatch with the 4 cylinder and manual trans would be my pick. Hopefully they change that in the future. I’m a buyer at that point.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Any pic you see from a carmaker has hours upon hours of photoshop. Art directors will noodle the shit out of anything before it gets to the public [emoji106]

I totally hear you on lockers.
My Silverado only has the G80 rear, it locks when it senses wheel slip and is close to garbage.
And nothing at all is available for the front.

I may put a Torsen in the back, but likely will have to get another 3/4-ton truck to replace this one...I need the option of at least LSD up front, if not a locker.

Your front axle doesn't lock? Not even in 4 low? I cant hardly even turn my '01 Silverado on hard surfaces in 4wd due to the front end pushing and binding.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Your front axle doesn't lock? Not even in 4 low? I cant hardly even turn my '01 Silverado on hard surfaces in 4wd due to the front end pushing and binding.

Nope.
I’ll get binding from the transfer case, but the front diff is open.

I don’t think yours locks...I bet its the same as what I’ve got.

I’ve searched high and low, no one makes a locker or even LSD for Silverado 1500 independent frontends.

I’d love for you to prove me wrong, a ton of my off-roading is in slick mud and I’d be way better off if I could lock my diffs.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nope.
I’ll get binding from the transfer case, but the front diff is open.

I don’t think yours locks...I bet its the same as what I’ve got.

I’ve searched high and low, no one makes a locker or even LSD for Silverado 1500 independent frontends.

I’d love for you to prove me wrong, a ton of my off-roading is in slick mud and I’d be way better off if I could lock my diffs.

I'll have to look into mine.... But here is an electronic locker for the GM 9.25" front diff.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Slick

Reaction score
Why did the Bronco Reveal post turn into GM pillow talk? Asking for a friend😂