WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brought home another EB

Brennan

Reaction score
So when I was 14 my grandfather bought me a 1973 Ford Bronco that was buried in an avocado grove for $500. That was 18 years ago. Obviously I drove it like an idiot through high school showing off as I had the best off road car in school. I have restored that same 73 Bronco twice now. In fact, my wife gets annoyed when we drive it out to dinner or anywhere because everyone wants to talk about it or ask questions( I love it). Anyway my wife gave me the green light to buy another and build it up to look like my 73 so I can sell it. Problem is you can’t find any rust bucket POS Broncos for less than $20k. Barrett Jackson is not helping.

so I have been working on this deal for a 1967 for about 3 months now down south. I really like that the body and top is all original. I was hoping to buy it and slap our family business logo (BRONCO BARN)on the doors and drive it around town as a mobile billboard. Wife loves the look but says it’s too expensive for advertisement, so it might be up for sale. What you guys think it’s worth. I have a number in mind but might just list it a little high to drive it around and enjoy for a few weeks until it sells.

new 302 motor. New paint, new interior. Has flaws here and there, missing small pieces like weather stripping in one or two spots. Not quite a show car but definitely cool and a head turner

D691F2CF-24E3-44F8-9932-40EF4F0B12F2.jpeg
1663078E-D8E9-4ABE-A333-7986CE3549CC.jpeg
4C0DED1B-960B-41C5-86F2-6CF7F8C834BE.jpeg
884B9B52-4153-4509-89DC-A183F706438A.jpeg
FADB8B55-C3BC-4312-A533-E14FEFEBF2BF.jpeg
5B667E57-FB71-4A4D-A353-FF774E001CEE.jpeg
D56D7E21-7566-45F2-ACFB-BD0D86E7EC38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

WildWilly

Reaction score
yea, thats going to pull some good coin. my wife wanted one of these and after a few years nf trying to find the right balance of project but not completely rusted out, and the prices just sky rocketing we gave up

Reactions: DWC

sirbob

Reaction score
I’m confused

Is this the one you have been working on buying from the south?

If it is - why aren’t you doing the restoration to match the other one and flip as you said you wanted to?

Not sure if the 2 tone is one you own now / are looking at buying and flipping / have given up on the idea of a duplicate resto ??

Not tying to be a smart ass but... is this just a 2FF style ad?

Nice Broncos

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Confusing post but thats alright here on RDP..... like the grey one.... as for how much to flip the blue one.... No low ballers "I know what I got"

BoneFab.... chime in.... Broncos pulling what K5s pull dollar wise lately? Personally I need the room and beam of the K5

gqchris

Reaction score
I think you are sitting on a 3-4 bitcoins in your driveway either way and way out of my budget.!

Reactions: DWC

Brennan

Reaction score
I’m confused

Is this the one you have been working on buying from the south?

If it is - why aren’t you doing the restoration to match the other one and flip as you said you wanted to?

Not sure if the 2 tone is one you own now / are looking at buying and flipping / have given up on the idea of a duplicate resto ??

Not tying to be a smart ass but... is this just a 2FF style ad?

Nice Broncos
Ya been working on buying it for months. Price changed three times. Couldn’t let the other guy win. Original intention was company car for business. Brought it home Wife loves the look, hates that it’s a stick and missing modern comforts. Testing the waters to see what it will fetch. Gray one has so much money into I would lose my ass trying to make them match. Just wanna get fair market value and pocket some $$ for boating season. Loosely listed on FB this morning with minimal pictures and my phone is about to explode.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's hard to really quantify value anymore with vehicles like that 67 where all it takes is 2 people who want it badly enough to make it rocket far far past any actual value set.

Easily mid 30's, but it's been patched together from the photo's you showed, and the workmanship is amateur at best.

At an auction I would guess it would go for mid 30's to ????? depending on the bidding scenario and of course, 2 bidders who desired it beyond sanity.

Places like FB Marketplace and Bring A Trailer are completely destroying any sort of valuing matrix or past sales values to set current prices/values.

If you want a better idea, list out completely what it's got for running gear, suspension, state of rust, show levels of restoration etc...

On the surface it looks like so many that have sat around and sold for 25k a few years ago, that someone dolled up a bit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
It's hard to really quantify value anymore with vehicles like that 67 where all it takes is 2 people who want it badly enough to make it rocket far far past any actual value set.

Easily mid 30's, but it's been patched together from the photo's you showed, and the workmanship is amateur at best.

At an auction I would guess it would go for mid 30's to ????? depending on the bidding scenario and of course, 2 bidders who desired it beyond sanity.

Places like FB Marketplace and Bring A Trailer are completely destroying any sort of valuing matrix or past sales values to set current prices/values.

If you want a better idea, list out completely what it's got for running gear, suspension, state of rust, show levels of restoration etc...

On the surface it looks like so many that have sat around and sold for 25k a few years ago, that someone dolled up a bit.

So true..... If you want to get rid of that sweet grey one I'd market it in Newport Beach, we'd eat that up regardless of asking $ I bet.

Reactions: t&y

DLC

Reaction score
I hate to say it .....

BUT

your crazy to sell it!

That’s just bad ass original equipment! $20-25 K now will be a huge return down the road in 10 15-20 years! Plus your in the business and it will be a right off.

so she doesn’t drive it because of the stick, no biggie better for you!

Brennan

Reaction score

So true..... If you want to get rid of that sweet grey one I'd market it in Newport Beach, we'd eat that up regardless of asking $ I bet.
Gray one grabs attention EVERYWHERE. I have had it too long to think
About selling. I will be passing it down to my son in another 10 years, keeping it in my name of course. Can’t chance he tries to trade it in for something newer made of plastic lol.

market is so hot right now for these Early Broncos I’m not sure if that market will rise or fall once the new ones are finally released. New ones definitely lack the style and curves of the early ones

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Bad ass little Broncos. Unless you need the money, I'd hold onto it. My project not running has more than tripled in value just sitting there over the last few years.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Great rides

I gave up on ever owning one,they are good as gold to own for those that have ‘em