WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bruce Willis

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

Bruce Willis is retiring from acting after being diagnosed with aphasia.

The 67-year-old actor's family shared the news on Instagram Wednesday, writing alongside a photo of him on their Instagram feeds, "To Bruce's amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities."

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know much about him as a person, but I liked his movies. Never heard much about him being political either, just an actor, which I liked. Aphasia, I believe, has much the same issues as Alzheimers, and can also proceed fairly fast 😢

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I read that he has 6 "B" movies in post production right now... I wonder if he was just grabbing his last paycheck(s)?

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I wish people the best but the truth is Bruce Willis and Will Smith and all the other entertainers/ celebrities mean less to me than any person on the street.

We all live for a short amount of time and I care about them as much as they care about me.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I read that he has 6 "B" movies in post production right now... I wonder if he was just grabbing his last paycheck(s)?
100%. I was just watching a new movie trailer a couple of days ago, and was telling my wife he's got to be money-grabbing for a reason. His last few have been terrible. Sucks that it's health-related. :-(

Edit: This pile of crap.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Just watched one rec
Just watched one recently on netflix that was terrible.... Just a word on Aphasia , 45 years ago my wife had an incident presenting as speech related (and a few years later again) both times after extensive testing was told it was migraine related

hallett21

Reaction score
I wish people the best but the truth is Bruce Willis and Will Smith and all the other entertainers/ celebrities mean less to me than any person on the street.

We all live for a short amount of time and I care about them as much as they care about me.
Why even post crap like this? I guess you win?

He’s a generous and good person. Speaking from experience

sgtskidmark

Reaction score
100%. I was just watching a new movie trailer a couple of days ago, and was telling my wife he's got to be money-grabbing for a reason. His last few have been terrible. Sucks that it's health-related. :-(

Edit: This pile of crap.
I’d watch it, I’ve always been entertained by his films then again I enjoy fast and furious films and the wick films , hell it’s just a escape from reality for a short time.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Who remembers the TV show "Moonlighting"?

The very first episode he comes to with a pig ear ring dangling from his ear.
That was a pig from the “pig mania” game which I still love and play to this day.
When I saw that earring they had made I immediately made one of my own and wore it all the time.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Why even post crap like this? I guess you win?

He’s a generous and good person. Speaking from experience

Dude, it’s a public forum and message board.
Opinions will be posted all the time.
Some you may not like.
It’s what happens when 20,000 people are reading.

merc_400r

Reaction score

Please keep negative comments to your self. We didn't come in here to read about how much you don't care about Bruce Willis.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Brain Apashia has no cure, it's like dementia on crack. My wife was diagnosed with it at Bruce's age and passed this January a month before turning 71.
They will prescribe a strong PTSD drug that assists with calmness but no therapy or rehab is noted to be successful. Knowing that someone will never get better and is dying quickly before you is horrible.
I took early retirement at the end of 2018 to be with her.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Brain Apashia has no cure, it's like dementia on crack. My wife was diagnosed with it at Bruce's age and passed this January a month before turning 71.
They will prescribe a strong PTSD drug that assists with calmness but no therapy or rehab is noted to be successful. Knowing that someone will never get better and is dying quickly before you is horrible.
I took early retirement at the end of 2018 to be with her.
So sorry to read this about your wife. I can totally understand and relate with my dad and mother-in-law both having Alzheimer's.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Dude, it’s a public forum and message board.
Opinions will be posted all the time.
Some you may not like.
It’s what happens when 20,000 people are reading.
683C0ED2-D76B-453B-BF0B-2CD5EDE03238.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Several years back, my friend, really a mentor type, was diagnosed with Aphasia. I had never heard of it before.
Garth was 71 at the time. A quiet and extremely gifted craftsman. He had made a living forming metal, anything from suits of armor, to early Ferrari bodies...and he'd answer any question, no matter how mundane.

His abilities started to slip. Not the quality, more like trying to remember how or what tool. His frustration grew to the point he hung up his tools. About that time, he started having trouble finding words, or using the wrong word in a sentence. From there, it seemed like it wasn't very long before he just closed out society. It was heartbreaking to see, and I was just a guy he befriended late in his life.

Someone like Bruce Willis is just a name, or a face on the TV to me. He is not a friend or a family member. He has done or meant me no harm as well. The effects of this illness I'd wish on no one like that, and thus I do feel pity for him as well as his loved ones.

4Waters

Reaction score

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This moved fast on him, this thread was started less that 2 years ago

Last month, Bruce’s friend and “Moonlighting” collaborator Glenn Gordon Caron told the New York Post that the actor is non-verbal, adding that “all those language skills are no longer available to him, and yet he’s still Bruce.”

I just saw a headline the other day about how devastated Demi Moore is about Bruce's condition & total loss of memory. Apparently he had no idea who she was.
I cared for a family member with dementia. All I can say is I wouldn't wish it on anyone. In a nutshell one loses all memory
of their entire life and everything/everyone around them..👎
Truth, both my parents suffered from it to varying degrees. Very difficult time in my life.
I kinda feel bad for my kids and what they may have to deal with.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Sad for Bruce
No comment on jb in this thread.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
All through this I haven't heard a damn thing from any of his 3 daughters he had with Demi. I think all three of them are all Hey Lams and all about the social media hits and likes. That's a damn shame.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Geez.. thought this thread bump was going to be something worse.
Thought he was #2

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Going through this with my mom right now. She does not know who I am anymore. Crazy...
One of the weirdest, sad and upsetting feelings, was when my grandma ask me where Pops was. I told her he was parking the car, and would be in soon.
He'd passed away a month before. I saw no sense in risking upsetting her, but it was very difficult to maintain my own composure.

PlanB

Reaction score
One of the weirdest, sad and upsetting feelings, was when my grandma ask me where Pops was. I told her he was parking the car, and would be in soon.
He'd passed away a month before. I saw no sense in risking upsetting her, but it was very difficult to maintain my own composure.
I am learning to just go along with some of the crazy stuff she says. It's a devastating disease.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am learning to just go along with some of the crazy stuff she says. It's a devastating disease.
I think it got "easier", the more extreme it became. When there are still moments of clarity, glimpses of the person you know, your heart wants to believe in a recovery or a miracle. It's against logic, but we really aren't rational creations. Pops' decline was rapid, but cut short by a heart attack. His mothers was quite the opposite, years of varying degrees of confusion.

dave29

Reaction score
Quite a few years ago I walked into the Smokehouse in Toluca Lake to meet friends for dinner. Bruce was sitting by himself having a drink at the bar. I debated whether or not to sit down next to him and have a drink, I didn't. Now I wish I would have.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
This is very likely in my future. It runs in both sides of my family and both sides of my dad's. I do my damnedest to keep my brain always active whether it be watching history documentatries, or geology lectures, or learning a new skill. I try to always learn or at least greatly expand one major skillet on whatever project I'm working on. At some point I know the switch will be flipped where I will begin losing more than I take in. I can only strive to put it off as long as humanly possible.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is very likely in my future. It runs in both sides of my family and both sides of my dad's. I do my damnedest to keep my brain always active whether it be watching history documentatries, or geology lectures, or learning a new skill. I try to always learn or at least greatly expand one major skillet on whatever project I'm working on. At some point I know the switch will be flipped where I will begin losing more than I take in. I can only strive to put it off as long as humanly possible.
They say word puzzles are like exercise for your brain, like word searches and cross word puzzles.

Aging is a frustrating thing. If our body goes out before our mind, it's probably easier on our loved ones, as they have a more visual or tangible view of our health. The problem is, then the individual has more of a difficult time, because we are still ourselves, and know what we were.

If our mind goes before our bodies, it is possibly easier on the individual, as their reality has shifted. The loved ones involved though, they see the changes,ad they seem to suffer more.

It's all quite morbid, but a reality of life. All we can do is pray for the best for our loved ones, and deal with life as it comes.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
All through this I haven't heard a damn thing from any of his 3 daughters he had with Demi. I think all three of them are all Hey Lams and all about the social media hits and likes. That's a damn shame.
Do a search. There is several links showing his older daughters helping with Bruce.