WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bruising Ego's in LHC - What's really going on? 26 RPM - Redline Performance

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got the opportunity to roll out in this boat about 4-5 weeks ago. As it turns out I met Rick about 15 years ago on Castaic when he had his "Brummett" powered Twin Turbo Conquest Top Cat 1. (Another boat that would put most on the trailer)

Anyhow I've been waiting to "re-film" the boat because I'm not happy with what I got when we took it out. (lots of vibration in the video) We've missed each other for a couple weekends now, and I keep trying to connect to get it done. Either way I thought it was kinda humorous that I was on my way up to the HTM deal at Pirates, and I heard him coming with another guy on the hook.

In the Poontoon I actually had enough time to walk over and get the camera out while they ripped past us.

Rick in his RPM coming up on the Port side

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8079.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

Victim going around the starboard side

IMG_8084.jpg

Another guy going home with a bruised Ego.

IMG_8085.jpg

If you aren't in the legit 120's, you aren't going to catch Rick. That boat is ridiculous fast even in the humidity / heat.

If you don't believe me call Mario down at Socal Speed and Marine. His shops currently full of broken HTM's that tried last weekend. ;) :D

RD :D

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I got the opportunity to roll out in this boat about 4-5 weeks ago. As it turns out I met Rick about 15 years ago on Castaic when he had his "Brummett" powered Twin Turbo Conquest Top Cat 1. (Another boat that would put most on the trailer)

Anyhow I've been waiting to "re-film" the boat because I'm not happy with what I got when we took it out. (lots of vibration in the video) We've missed each other for a couple weekends now, and I keep trying to connect to get it done. Either way I thought it was kinda humorous that I was on my way up to the HTM deal at Pirates, and I heard him coming with another guy on the hook.

In the Poontoon I actually had enough time to walk over and get the camera out while they ripped past us.

Rick in his RPM coming up on the Port side

View attachment 580326

View attachment 580325

View attachment 580324

View attachment 580323

View attachment 580322

View attachment 580321

Victim going around the starboard side

View attachment 580320

Another guy going home with a bruised Ego.

View attachment 580319

If you aren't in the legit 120's, you aren't going to catch Rick. That boat is ridiculous fast even in the humidity / heat.

If you don't believe me call Mario down at Socal Speed and Marine. His shops currently full of broken HTM's that tried last weekend. ;) :D

RD :D

yah that Howard never had a chance. . .

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Love the RPM always have.... but Dave confused about the HTM comment? Didn't think anyone was out racing. Lost 2 boats to water grass including the huntress. But I've got a 120+ HTM [emoji41]

AngryJosh

Reaction score
Brian's 26 would keep up with the RPM.....lol

The broken HTM comment at the end was classic [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Theres a couple HTM's that are fast enough to hang with that boat... Thats for sure!!!
Mayweather picks his fights too...
Now Im not saying that redline isnt fast. It for sure is a very nice boat. But I didnt see any HTM's trying to race him; let alone breaking trying to do it.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Theres a couple HTM's that are fast enough to hang with that boat... Thats for sure!!!
Mayweather picks his fights too...
Now Im not saying that redline isnt fast. It for sure is a very nice boat. But I didnt see any HTM's trying to race him; let alone breaking trying to do it.
I think Dave was just trying to be funny and get Anthony all worked up [emoji23] [emoji23]

It's a dry sense of humor.....lpl

I know there are plenty fast HTM's out there that could keep up and / or pull on the RPM.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I think Dave was just trying to be funny and get Anthony all worked up [emoji23] [emoji23]

It's a dry sense of humor.....lpl

I know there are plenty fast HTM's out there that could keep up and / or pull on the RPM.

I agree, RD was just having fun gents.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Love the RPM always have.... but Dave confused about the HTM comment? Didn't think anyone was out racing. Lost 2 boats to water grass including the huntress. But I've got a 120+ HTM [emoji41]

He's joking because Mike James's (what up dog) boat broke the blower snout on Friday running with Ricks boat at 115 mph. It was in so cal speed and marine getting fixed for Saturday.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Dave I hate posts like this... makes me regret selling it ! LOL

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
He's joking because Mike James's (what up dog) boat broke the blower snout on Friday running with Ricks boat at 115 mph. It was in so cal speed and marine getting fixed for Saturday.

What's up dog [emoji23][emoji23] you're killing me Dave

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Brian's 26 would keep up with the RPM.....lol

The broken HTM comment at the end was classic [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Who's 26?

Lol. dave got it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My buddy Brian's Howard 26 Cat. He isn't on here.

He has a Teague 1000 in it.

With him and I in it with coolers and half tanks, we ran 117.

He's not gonna get that RPM Joe. It's pretty damn quick for what it is... as well runs 127 (in Havasu heat), 130+ when it was being tested by RPM in moderate weather. They are extremely fast hulls.

playdeep

Reaction score
He's not gonna get that RPM Joe. It's pretty damn quick for what it is... as well runs 127 (in Havasu heat), 130+ when it was being tested by RPM in moderate weather. They are extremely fast hulls.

So...same motor,both hulls...
Which is faster...?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So...same motor,both hulls...
Which is faster...?

Ricks running a TCM 985, and claims 127 in LHC.. I've been in the boat at 110 and it was still pulling like a freight train so I'm inclined to believe it would run north of 120 pretty handily.

I don't think a Howard is gonna run in the 120's with that power.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Ricks running a TCM 985, and claims 127 in LHC.. I've been in the boat at 110 and it was still pulling like a freight train so I'm inclined to believe it would run north of 120 pretty handily.

I don't think a Howard is gonna run in the 120's with that power.

I think the question was referring to an HTM, I would wager that the more modern hull and building practices of an RPM will let it run a little higher than an HTM though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let's get a price on one with a 520

If they could do it for under a 100k I'm in tomorrow. Don't yell at me but I would need to cut the bow open.

First the 520, an now the open bow? WTF Mang!!!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how well it would work out as an Open Bow.. If you ever get a chance to check one out in person, I think you'd be hesitant to do that. The under cabin in this boat is HUGE, compared to it's counter parts in this size range.

RD

HB2LHC

Reaction score
yup same here with the open bow. I almost bought the orange one RPM just sold with no engine or drive, but the wife said nope we need an open bow. still bummed I should of just bought it.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Wow, that is one clean line good looking boat.....And with that speed ability. Amazing.:thumbsup:thumbsup

We need video footage to drool over RD.;)

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Last I heard he had pulled the mold from
GT Performance and moved it over to Laveycraft.

Lavey does really nice work. Depending on the numbers I would consider having another one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow, that is one clean line good looking boat.....And with that speed ability. Amazing.:thumbsup:thumbsup

We need video footage to drool over RD.;)

Goto the front page of RDP, I just finished the write up on this boat, and there is an uncut video of it running up to 109 in pretty rough water.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have looked at the rpm up close.
Nice looking sled [emoji106] [emoji202]