WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bucket list thread(the coolest things you've done!)

TripleB

Reaction score
I'll put my list to help

Been 110 stories up in a high rise ( I hate heights)
Skied black diamond at Keystone
Zipped lined in Belize (Did I mention I really hate heights)
Ran a lap in a NASCAR car (passenger)
Been over 110 mph in a vee hull (driving)
Been 150 miles offshore
Did the Bahamas by boat (several times)
I got Headless Hula to admit he was wrong:)

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I have also rode shotgun in a NASCAR for 5 laps at 180+mph!

Also have drove a NASCAR at 150+mph alone in the car, only a spotter on the radio! Amazing experience. My wife and I both!

Did all the rides at the top of the stratosphere. Not sure how many stories that is but its alot!

Sorry I'm not from the Midwest.. but have lived in Springfield, Illinois and still have a ton of family in that area. So I guess that might qualify. AND have had conversations with Headless Hula via phone!! LOL

TripleB

Reaction score
I have also rode shotgun in a NASCAR for 5 laps at 180+mph!

Also have drove a NASCAR at 150+mph alone in the car, only a spotter on the radio! Amazing experience. My wife and I both!

Did all the rides at the top of the stratosphere. Not sure how many stories that is but its alot!

Sorry I'm not from the Midwest.. but have lived in Springfield, Illinois and still have a ton of family in that area. So I guess that might qualify. AND have had conversations with Headless Hula via phone!! LOL

My 110 stories was the stratosphere, but no way could I do the rides

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
My 110 stories was the stratosphere, but no way could I do the rides

Was in the very front car on the one that shoots you over the edge at an extreme rate of speed. When it dropped(80ft or whatever it is) to basically point you straight at the ground below I thought my ol lady was gonna piss herself. I laughed my ass of cause she is usually into that extreme shit! She looked at me when we got off and said "never again" lmao.. good times

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This thread needs some legs...could also be very incriminating 🤔

Two off the top of my head:
Learned how to rig a repelling harness and anchor off the front axle of a Chevy 1ton when I was 18...
Took a Fox body Mustang with 2.73 gears to 5800rpm, in overdrive, on nitrous...Don't know the actual speed, but faster than I've been
on a freeway since. I was 20...it seemed like a good idea at the time:oops:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Crap, that's bad ass!
Any chance there was a hula girl, a compass or a Jesus on the dash?
🇺🇲

Ok, funny story. I was working at the airport in Albuquerque when I got out of school. Back then there was a huge business hauling cancelled checks around the country. By law the bank had X number of days to return the cancelled check to the issuing bank. This was done by freight expaditers that moved all of these bundles of cancelled checks by airplane.

These freight outfits were kind the bottom rung, many running worn out private jets as freighters. The company that we took care of was out of Miami. The other pilots gave the crews from New Mexico a bunch of crap about it. So the New Mexico crews decorated the cockpit with fuzzy dice, a hula girl on the dash and other items of the region.

OK, so maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny to see this airplane pull up to the hangar with a dancing hula girl on the dash and dice hanging from the compass.

Wedgy

Reaction score
LMAO, reading this again. You guys.!

I did do the roller coaster up on the Stratosphere. Way younger then. Still SMH over that one.
105 in a '61 Olds Super 88, in '73 on Hwy 395, at 15. Hey! I had a permit.

I think the the run from Katherine's up to Hoover Dam is pretty cool. I'd like to do that again.

Burney Falls, standing on the backside of the Falls, looking down through the huge headwaters springs, into the earth.

I jumped into The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa! Very similar to the Fall River Springs, but different. Right off the 40!

All the places that are no longer there, I've hiked, MC, biked and rode horseback to, that are no longer there, only in memory do they exist.
The Oak glens besides the stream in Harmony Grove. Buried under a landfill now.

Learning to surf. Surfing SoCal. Getting tubed.
The Wedge. Getting planted face first into the sand. Fun times. Almost drowning in the ocean,, alone. Twice! Saved by not panicking, and paying attention to what was going on around me, and swimming in the right direction to safety, exhausted. But alive!

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Turn the computer off on my super Comp dragster. 7.74 @ 176 mph in the 1/4.
E53DA89F-FCFB-4E21-A102-24AE2C337EF5.jpeg

Ya, I broke out.

farmo83

Reaction score
Hmm

Finished an Ironman Tri(had the highest DNF rate at the time too)
Rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere, the other ride where you fly off the side as well
Podium finish in the RX division at a Crossfit Competition
Partied until the sun came up in Bangkok
Watched the world finals of Drag Boat Racing(my dad's wanted to do this his whole life and one year I had enough money to take him, more about him then me)

Hammer

Reaction score
  1. Key West For the World Finals
  2. Drove across the country from Florida (a couple times, Thanks Uncle AJ)
  3. Boated in Florida
  4. Miami Boat Show
  5. Texas Outlaw Challenge
  6. Rode In a Skater(cameo in Pegged 2, thanks RD! LOL)
  7. Delta Run with the DLB

Bucket list to do
  1. Drive a boat(or ride) in the Florida poker run to Key West for the Worlds
  2. Drive a boat from Florida to the Bahamas and stay a few days. Boat Back
  3. Travel in Motor home to various states and camp
  4. Travel Europe
  5. Travel to Australia and New Zealand
  6. Put my kids in a great position to be more successful than me
  7. Retire in 10-15 years

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I'll put my list to help
Been 110 stories up in a high rise ( I hate heights)
Skied black diamond at Keystone
Zipped lined in Belize (Did I mention I really hate heights)
Ran a lap in a NASCAR car (passenger)
Been over 110 mph in a vee hull (driving)
Been 150 miles offshore
Did the Bahamas by boat (several times)
I got Headless Hula to admit he was wrong:)

You also put on a “Clininc” in the RDP P&G. THANKS

Tunnelfun

Reaction score
Drove little tunnel to 120 in 1979 (decided that was as fast as I was going to go, ever)
Drove big tunnel 100 mph for 100 miles often (you need to do that).
Drove bike at 160. (don't do that).
Drove car 10 second 1/4 mile (yawn).
1990 Hobi Cat 16 National Champion (yes I'm surprised too, a sailboat, what was I thinking).
Raced super modified (intense).
Piloted small plane (way cool, but slooow).
Road bad ass coaster (never ever again, ever, still have bad dreams).
Seen all the mainland states (it's big, and diverse).
Seen most of east Europe (very enlightening).
Sub down to 300 feet (there's a lot to see down there).
Jumped out of a plane (once is enough).
Got equipment patents (good work if you can get it).
Set foot in oval office (it's just a room).
Got dozer, backhoe and road grader for new hobby (a better sand box, love it).
Retired at 40 (priceless).

Things left to do, fix long gravels driveway pro bono for seniors.

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
Thats a well traveled list!

I think it was on Hwy 395, no I 15 fwy yet, I took my '61 Olds Super 88 up to 105 and survived! Circa 1973

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
Way to hang in there Joe. Congrats! Glad it worked out. After 34 years the wheels came off. More of a Catch and Release guy now.
Best of luck to you and your new Bride. Better man than I.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Way to hang in there Joe. Congrats! Glad it worked out. After 34 years the wheels came off. More of a Catch and Release guy now.
Best of luck to you and your new Bride. Better man than I.
Lol Thanks. Dated for 20 years, just got married. Good Times.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I got to spend time with a real Cowboy, My Grandfather who drove cattle from AZ to Colorado with his older brothers as a young man when AZ wasn't a State. I gave his eulogy the best a 9 year old boy could at his funeral and managed to hold back the tears. Very special to me. I think that was the first memory in my life I will never forget
The time I spent with him and the stories I could tell could be a book. As cancer slowly ate him away, he manged to catch a few pop-warner foot ball games including our championship game. My Dad missed it. We were the Blue Blazers in Paradise Valley.

I pulled two teenage girls from a burning car when they swerved to avoid an oncoming drunk driver, they hit a phone pole on Lake Sammamish Road in Redmond Wa. I think I was 16.
Due to a road rage indecent, I put a double homicide, bank robber/car jacker in prison for life a few months later. That was after he stuck a .40 semi auto in my face but did show mercy to me. His mistake.
My Grandmother married a guy who built his own planes and was a flight instructor. I was taking gliding lessons and was about 16 hours in. This was that little airport by Lake Pleasant. Not sure if it still exists. Ray had a heart attack at about 8k while we were over Horseshoe Lake. I landed the glider by myself. He never flew again so I didn't finish my license. I guess I was happy it ended well enough

My life has been full of so many events I have to be reminded by Family and Friends.
I guess that is a good start.

Bucket list would be fly in a jet, take a flight to space, catch a damn musky worth bragging about. Most important would be to see my little girl walk down the isle with her arm in my arm towards a man worthy of her affection.