WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bud Zero ? anyone

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
No secret I love beer , I'm a Coors light and Keystone drinker , I chatted up a lady at checkout last nite carrying a 12 pack of this new brew , any good ?

bud zero.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Bud NA, but I like the Coors Edge, cant tell the difference, and Busch NA is great as well.

Foscheck

Reaction score
Not exactly a connoisseur of fine beer. Been a Coors Light drinker forever. After trying them all, Penn's Best is the closest NA I found. I drink it while boating or driving in the dunes
Screenshot_20210728-131039_Google.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
can't wrap my head around alcohol free beer. what's the point.....

Same here, I dont like Beer for the taste. The taste is more like listening to an old record, and it brings me back to those times. Then, a little buzz kicks in and rinse and repeat. LOL

I hate IPA's and all the other full flavored ones. Michelob Ultra for me, can drink those all day and still function.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
My buddy poured me some non alcoholic tequila and rum and I have to say it tasted pretty much the same to me I was really surprised he got it on Amazon

77charger

Reaction score
I know a few people trying really hard not to get their second or third DUI in some cases... Sometimes slow learners need some help getting along.

most do this NA stuff now to still "feel" like youre drinking a beer.
I like beer and agree. I like to mix up non alcohol between beers.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Same here, I dont like Beer for the taste. The taste is more like listening to an old record, and it brings me back to those times. Then, a little buzz kicks in and rinse and repeat. LOL

I hate IPA's and all the other full flavored ones. Michelob Ultra for me, can drink those all day and still function.

IPA's are fucking disgusting because american brewers have ruined the genre by over-hopping the beer to cover all the underlying brew which was shitty and sub standard from use of poor grain, poor yeast, and poor techniques. IPA's have become to beer, what autotune did to music in the 2000's

Ever notice how any of the big IPA brewer's other beers are just kinda "meh".... This is why.

Real IPAs are actually great beers, perfectly balanced, a nice dry bitterness great for warm weather (why they were invented in the first place). Brewers that make good IPAs also make other beers really well too.

Unfortunately there are very few real IPAs out there, like almost none at this point.

smiths_bottle_thin-11.jpg

jetboatperformance

Reaction score

I have always Liked Beer from the first sips I would get of Olys a kid from the old man , then to the under 21 club at San Diego/boot camp , I dont like fancy hoppy designer beers just clean testing lite lagers , I dont drink soft drinks,, sometimes Gator aid , pure water is only to re hydrate to me , The wife used to drink beer but now drinks iced tangerine essecence club soda which is just OK , I just cracked this one at my desk after an hour in the shop fridge freezer , no guilt (no alcohol) and it tastes pretty decent

Resized_20210728_141027_8299.jpeg

RCDave

Reaction score
As far as Bud goes, I really like Bud Platnum. Pretty clean taste

I pick this one up from time to time as well. Something different

sintax

Reaction score
As far as Bud goes, I really like Bud Platnum. Pretty clean taste

I pick this one up from time to time as well. Something different

I only like that one on nitro! (or any stout for that matter)

ltbaney1

Reaction score
my buddy drinks the saint pauly girl NA beer. i like it. anything budweiser is instant headache for me.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I understand not drinking. Just not drinking something that taste like shit if it’s not going to do anything. how bout a water, juice, soda or ??

Reaction score
talking about bud. I was up in canada, ran out of the silver bullet. drive to the dedicated government liquor stores. there was a line just to get in. no coor's light, no bud light. so got the bud in the red can. i don't know if the recipe is different in canada but it was undrinkable. gave it to some canadian campers they said it was fine...

but I thought labatt's was undrinkable too, so.......

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
did you type free beer? That’s what I thought I heard when I read it…. I read a lot and I know it when I hear, free beer! So where’s all this free beer you speak of…

lol

177BEC27-5F03-442A-9AFD-16EBEF4983DC.jpeg

QUOTE="NorCalRiverRat, post: 4191164, member: 4885"]

[/QUOTE]

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Discovered bud zero last summer. It’s all I drink on the boat now days. For all the reasons mentioned above. I can sip them all day and still get the family and friend home safe. Work has a zero dui policy so it’s a good trade off. I’ve had all the zero percent beers and Bud zero is the best in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Piss in a can 😩 jackoff brother makes it 😉fuck him

rrrr

Reaction score
I quit drinking decades ago. I still buy a couple of sixers of NA now and then. My favorite cheap NA beers are Old Milwaukee and Busch NA, the pricey ones I enjoy are Kaliber, Buckler, and St Pauli Girl.

If you do a search for best NA beers, you'll find the field clogged with ridiculous "craft" beers, like raspberry wheat and the same sort of snobby bullshit that populates the regular beer ranks.

The beer drinking world has turned away from what beer is supposed to be, and embraced crap that is more like flavored water with foam. I think all of the hipsters that drink beers from obscure breweries with groovy names don't have a clue what good beer is.

nowski

Reaction score
Why does the NA beer cost more than the A beer?
I often wonder the same thing...

My Guess: Because it keeps drunks off the roads / water while keeping everyone safe and helps promote a longer life. Look at all the entities that aren't benefiting from the sober drinker...

Clank123

Reaction score
I always enjoy these Beer threads!
Bottom line is that beer is no different than Boats, women, pizza or where you choose to live.
We all have different tastes!
I’ve been in the beer business 42 years in October and sold and tasted nearly every National and most Regional beers you can name along with all the better known imports.
For the last 4 years I’ve been the Regional Manger in CA/AZ/Nev/Hawaii for Elysian Brewing(Space Dust).
Between lunches/happy hours and dinners, I drink 2-6 beers everyday(sometimes more) for a living…no way could I drink one style. I drink them all and like it!

I have tried all the non-alcs and up until 2 weeks ago I thought Buckler and St Pauli we’re about the best.
I was up in all places Lake Havasu City working with the wholesaler hitting accounts and we stopped into Jeremy’s Juke Joint where the manager had me try a non-alc IPA from Two Roots Brewery from San Diego. It’s the one in the green can. It was outstanding.
As a boater, over the last few years it’s been a tough call as to what to drink and still be responsible on the River in Parker.
If you like IPAs give this one a whirl!
9ADCBBA4-298A-426D-8DF7-1F84AB03DD00.jpeg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Lagunitas makes a na IPA that my wife likes. Golden road makes a na mango cart that she likes too but I'm not a fan of fruity beer. Coors edge isn't horrible. Becks is decent too.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Been drinking zero for a little while tried edge also neither taste like the leaded versions IMO. One thing I noticed about the coors edge is it seems like there's a lot less carbonation. They barely make any noise when you take the cap off.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Yup! .... It's ZERO for me! -- I ain't drank a Bud in over 20 years! 😑