WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Budmans Breakfast Run

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Usually post this earlier, just been slammed at work and really to tired at the end of the day to post anything. Anyways same as years past the first Saturday morning of December I plan an informal breakfast run to the springs. If anyone wants to join in we meet at the Thompson Bay bouy line at 10AM then cruise to the springs for breakfast. If you are to afraid of the cold boat ride some will show up by car. Either way it’s a good meet & greet or to meet up with current friends.
December 3rd
10:00AM

DWC

Reaction score
Morning of the Xmas light parade..👍. Wife is trying to talk me into it this year.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Usually post this earlier, just been slammed at work and really to tired at the end of the day to post anything. Anyways same as years past the first Saturday morning of December I plan an informal breakfast run to the springs. If anyone wants to join in we meet at the Thompson Bay bouy line at 10AM then cruise to the springs for breakfast. If you are to afraid of the cold boat ride some will show up by car. Either way it’s a good meet & greet or to meet up with current friends.
December 3rd
10:00AM

We should be in town. I will let the wife to know. Maybe this will be my first launch/retrieve if it is too cold for the better half. LOL
Morning of the Xmas light parade..👍. Wife is trying to talk me into it this year.
Do IT!!!!

by the way, I believe the day after is the Toys For Tots motorcycle run from Parker to Havasu. McCulloch will be closed off for the motorcycles. I will be making the ride and bar hopping after in town If anyone is still in town.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
We’re in!! As in years past, I’m sure the wife will be down below in the cabin while I’m trying to keep from getting frostbite 🤣🤣

I think there needs to be a 10am temperature threshold of at least 55 degrees 😬
appropriate attire.
F11F84A9-A296-419B-A5F1-535B5F8643E2.jpeg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
This would be a good time to mention that we make rdp neck gatorz that will protect your face from cold wind.. lol.

We might be down for this, this year!
So you saying the neck gatorz will protect a said member’s mid section member too?

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
If it is too cold….meaning under 75….it might be my first solo launch. Everyone keep an eye at theSpings and give me a hand docking if possible.

K, thanks, bye!!!!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
If it is too cold….meaning under 75….it might be my first solo launch. Everyone keep an eye at theSpings and give me a hand docking if possible.

K, thanks, bye!!!!
Plenty of us around to help you out. We got ya

calkid

Reaction score
We should be in town. I will let the wife to know. Maybe this will be my first launch/retrieve if it is too cold for the better half. LOL

Do IT!!!!

by the way, I believe the day after is the Toys For Tots motorcycle run from Parker to Havasu. McCulloch will be closed off for the motorcycles. I will be making the ride and bar hopping after in town If anyone is still in town.
I might be doing the Toy Run as well.

calkid

Reaction score
If my friend is back in town he would probably ride too. The wife's usually pass on these kind of rides, they're more into riding to Seligman for a breakfast ride.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Work overtime or put the boat in the water and burn some gas???? Hummmmmmm

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Who’s going to be brave enough to take the boat versus drive down?

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score

Do IT!!!!

I'll be your boat bitch. Angie will still be in Montana.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I'll be your boat bitch. Angie will still be in Montana.
It would be great to have you join us Jeff if Gen is there or not. I am not sure on the time but it will be fun no matter how early or how cold…RIGHT?!?!?!?! You gotta do it once or maybe annually. LOL. Let’s plan on it. 👍

DWC

Reaction score
Not you too Bill!?!?!?!?
Walk outside about now. It’ll be about the same temp for the run. 😬😢
I’d say I’ll leave it up to Steph but she’s tougher than i am.

PS. At least it’s not gonna be raining
A6BC49B4-3CB4-4600-84D4-7744EAE66C0A.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Walk outside about now. It’ll be about the same temp for the run. 😬😢
I’d say I’ll leave it up to Steph but she’s tougher than i am.

PS. At least it’s not gonna be raining
View attachment 1175891

That is right you all were talking about how you hate the cold. Steph can come join @Sportin' Wood & myself. You and Gen can drive down to meet up with us

Ding-ding.
Winnah!!
I think all your wives noticed Jans teeth weren't chattering in the restaurant the past few years🥶🥶
😂😂

LOL Should I have Gen join the ladies in the cars? She said she would join me in the boat. Now I am thinking twice about it.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Geez!!!!!!! You guys are cracking me up. It’s supposed to be in the high 60’s on Saturday with a lite breeze. The way some are talking, you’d think it was January, 10 degrees in Kodiak, with a high surf advisory. Lol.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Im a fair weather boater… and the older I get, the fairer it needs to be 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, and BTW 🖕🏻🖕🏻😘
I hear you on the cold. I do find that as I age I am not able to handle it as much as when I was young. I do have to say though that I am hell bent on doing a few things before I am REALLY old and can’t do it. 👍

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
This past weekend really wasn’t to bad. I little chilly but it made me feel alive.
Was just talking about it today. It was chilly while underway but at the beach it was incredible. Not sure if I noted it before but had an issue the day we went out last week. The sea strainer was letting water in. Got the boat back today so now I need to get ont eh water the next couple of days for testing and then Saturday….

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Welp went out this afternoon to double check the water leak issue that turned out to be the sea strainer. After a couple of hours on the smooth water and taking the wife up to 75mph without any complaints looks like all it good and we are ready for Saturday. There is talk that Jeff @Sportin' Wood will be joining us that morning on our boat. Looking forward to seeing everyone bright early on the water. I was in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops today but thinking that I might put on something a little warmer at 10am. LOL