WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bug Out cabin locations and ideas?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Example of what most freeways and roads will look like below

Booshy

Reaction score
Damn I was looking for location suggestions and I got more comments about how screwed we all are and well never make it out alive.. LOLZ.. Damnnnnn

The bug out idea was am in advance thought not after the fact. It was more a location away from the masses and surrounded by patriots. I built my dream house on the top of a hill on 32 acres. I have solar to run the whole house and a 50kva generator with 1000 gallons of propane. I have been building a huge garden and planted a ton of fruit trees but those are a year or two out from really producing. I put in a chicken coop but havent pulled the trigger on chickens yet. My pool holds more then 100,000 gallons of water and I purchased filter to make it drinkable. I also ordered a few months of dry food to have on hand plus the pantry and freezer are full. I have three Rzrs in the garage set up for mexico adventures and they hold enough full to go 300 miles range wise. We are also very well armed and I guess if I planned to stay this is where I would have a few close friends come and hold out together.

Maybe I should have started a thread that said when I die from the zombie apocalypses gridlock situation. What remote home locations should I purchase in advance to leave to my two daughters?

My family asked me to wait until the election to pull the trigger on buying somthing as maybe some things might change in CA? But I look daily now for areas. Would like something that allows me to enjoy the seasons. So maybe I keep the Arizona house at the river and I find something in the mountains? Anyone know about Lake City CO?

Reaction score
When the time comes to bug out, it really depends on your situation, but most will stay put, and defend what is their’s.
Water, Shelter, food, Fire, health.

Afghanistan is a great real world example of a ”bug out” moment. Either you stay, or you leave the country. How do you setup for that?

In the 1800’s, moving west to virgin land was a “bug out“moment. It took those people 30 years to establish a functioning farm. If you wanted a water well, you hand dug them. Then, once your farm was turnkey, it floods.

franky

Reaction score
Wes is right about that.

Your area demographics have a lot to do with your survivability. For instance look up 85255 & tell me what you see. Better yet. Tell me what you don’t see….

I will survive. At least for a little while.

White34,33192.1%
Black Or African American4131.1%
American Indian Or Alaskan Native580.2%
Asian1,5104.1%
Native Hawaiian & Other Pacific Islander310.1%
Other Race2720.7%
Two Or More Races6551.8%

franky

Reaction score
Threads like this make you think. Survival is something you really need to visit continually. Cdog made me think about where I actually live although we do think about a bugout and just bought a FWC pop up camper for our 4wd Ram. We live in a community that is 3 hours from a major metro area and has a small hiway coming in from the north and out to the south that is easily closed. Vast desert to the East. Not so bad when you think about it. Remember when BLM was here and what this town looked like? Here is Lake Havasu Demo

Race Population

Percentage
White50,92993.46%
Some Other Race1,3732.52%
Two or More Races7531.38%
American Indian and Alaska Native6841.26%
Asian5751.06%
Black or African American1740.32%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander70.01%

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I want to know exactlywhat the shit is and what the fan is?

Seems everyones waiting for it, but exactly what is it?

Could be lots of things. Earthquake, civil unrest, terror attack, collapse of the dollar, EMP, grid failure (which would cause civil unrest).

For those interested, there are several books that are fiction, but I found interesting. They offer a lot of different scenarios on what a SHTF situation might look like, which IMO help with preparedness.

"One Second After" William Forscthen -this is actually a series now- would love to see it made into a movie
"Patriots" James W. Rawles
"Lights Out" David Crawford
"77 Days in September" Ray Gorham
The "Going Home" series by A. American

There is also a great non-fiction book by Ted Koppel (the news guy) also titled "Lights Out"

Between reading these books and conversations on a gun forum I belong to, I realized that I was not going to be able to bug out from our ranch in SoCal to N. Idaho or Montana. I also realized that without a network of neighbors and a solid plan within that network, we were not going to hold on to our "bug in" location either. If you think you and your spouse can guard your home 24-7 against armed gangs, I have a bridge to sell you ;) Hence, the move out of SoCal. We had multiple plans when we were there, for example, my teenage son at the time knew where the cash was hidden and was to go the 1/2 mile to the grocery store. He knew what to get, had instructions to pay for it, and if the computers were down to leave the cash and walk out. This providing we weren't home. Jeff traveled a lot, so we thought we would meet in Montana if something went down. I had a detailed list of who grabs what. If it's just me and the boy, the list looked different. But after realizing that no town is going to let you pass through with a cache of supplies (they will most likely shoot you and steal it), we decided to make plans to get out permanently. This coming winter in Havasu is causing me some anxiety, but not enough to keep us from going. What ever will be, will be. Our house moves with us, but we don't have the supplies or ammunition in it that I feel comfortable with.

I have to laugh because most people don't make fun of preppers anymore :)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Wes once told me.. “I don’t really need to stock up, I will find someone that did and whatever they had will become mine.”

That is the mentality it will take to survive a real world event in a city. In some cases it might be better to be in a metropolis just because of the resources..

But you gotta be able to stomach popping a mom in front of her kids for a gallon of milk if you needed it for yours.

That tells me a lot about his character and makes me sad.

I'm not opposed to getting to a point where you would kill and steal from others to survive or to feed your kids. It's animal nature. But to flat out state that "I'm not going to bother preparing because I have zero compassion and will merely steal (by whatever means necessary) from others who have made a great attempt to save themselves and their family" is reprehensible. I know there are many, many people who think this way, I'm just disappointed to find out that Wes is one of them.

Last edited: