WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BUILD QUALITY- RV TRAILERS

Spectra18

Reaction score
Are they all poorly made currently? Went to “ just look” at some JAYCOS/Starcraft trailers. But man seeing the interior made me worry about the plumbing /wiring / and everything else.

Singleton

Reaction score
They all require work.
Warranties are useless (takes months to get anything fixed).
Being handy with tools and knowing how to search the internet is your friend, so you can fix it yourself.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
We have a 2019 Forrest River Salem 27 REI. Lower end model and was affordable. We use it quite a bit. About 75 days a year including a month long road trip every summer. Its had its issues but all taken care of in the first year with the warranty. Also purchased the extended warranty but haven't used it yet. We purchased at Family RV in Ontario and they alway get us in within a week and usually dropped it off on a Monday and had it back Friday or the following Monday. Even took care of a hail damage claim and got it back quickly. My only recommendation is buying an RV from a dealer that services its customers only and not a run of the mill dealer who will take on everyone from the outside (RV’s not bought there). We have had a great experience with our dealer and the trailer we purchased. They all have issues and problems that is why they have the warranty. Buy what you like and are happy with and use it as much as possible so you get all the kinks worked out.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Oxymoron = RV and "quality" in the same thought or sentence. Have 2021 RV - can't believe how bad the build quality is - got new for warranty, but i can't get it into service. When i do get in, the story is " we need to get mfg approval before we fix - take it home, we'll call when mfg decides "

Rondog4405

Reaction score
We have a 2019 Forrest River Salem 27 REI. Lower end model and was affordable. We use it quite a bit. About 75 days a year including a month long road trip every summer. Its had its issues but all taken care of in the first year with the warranty. Also purchased the extended warranty but haven't used it yet. We purchased at Family RV in Ontario and they alway get us in within a week and usually dropped it off on a Monday and had it back Friday or the following Monday. Even took care of a hail damage claim and got it back quickly. My only recommendation is buying an RV from a dealer that services its customers only and not a run of the mill dealer who will take on everyone from the outside (RV’s not bought there). We have had a great experience with our dealer and the trailer we purchased. They all have issues and problems that is why they have the warranty. Buy what you like and are happy with and use it as much as possible so you get all the kinks worked out.
Just picked up the salem 26 bunkhouse model. Entry level trailer..but had alot more extras than others that were 10k higher in price. It's our first trailer..so far so good!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
LOL, Just wait until you open up the hidden compartment with all the electrical wires and plumbing.
RVs are not rigged like a DCB or even a Bayliner...

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Carson Titan seems to be the best quality I've had so far. Transport was alright. Weened warrior disintegrated.