Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Candy-$ 1.00
Soda-$ 1.50
Popcorn-$2.00
The direction of this thread-Priceless:D

stevevan

Reaction score
When it comes to copying or splashing Rick Bitz is by far the worst of the bunch. Not only did he splash Eliminators 21 he splashed our kurtis Hydro that myself and Norm Grimes purchased from Arelen Kurtis with his blessings. As far as the So Cal 19 formley Daytona it was also purchased from Dave Batista with Bob Leach's blessing. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to things like this and have to say I just have a hard time condoning a THIEF!

Ok. This is last thing I'm going to say on this topic. Last time I checked anyone anywhere can take a product and change it and paten it if they choose. Rick moved the dash ahead 15 inches or so on the 21. By doing this he's not stealing anything. Just the opposite. He's made the boat better in many ways. And in doing so can call it his own. The hull he built for me ill put up against any other 21 out there quality for quality. rick is not the best business guy out there. We all know that. But his skills are second to none. I bought this one from him and I'd buy another. I could give a rat's ass what anyone has to say about him. If he can build me the hull for the price I paid and he still makes money on it maybe you should ask yourself who's the THIEF.

STEVE.

spectras only

Reaction score
Hey guys ,there isn't a boat on the planet Rick didn't splash;):D .
Rode with him in one of his 19'picklefork back in the late 70's,
was fast as hell with a 427 in it and it was a squirt boat;).
Light you want ,light you get from Rick, I like boats built like bricks myself.:eek:uttahere:

Ps; Cougars weren't built the way they were in their latter days.Wayne built a good boat.

cave

Reaction score
Oh well it was nice seeing a boat being built in these fugged up times.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be reading a build thread tonight... LOL

WTF happened here?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok. This is last thing I'm going to say on this topic. Last time I checked anyone anywhere can take a product and change it and paten it if they choose. Rick moved the dash ahead 15 inches or so on the 21. By doing this he's not stealing anything. Just the opposite. He's made the boat better in many ways. And in doing so can call it his own. The hull he built for me ill put up against any other 21 out there quality for quality. rick is not the best business guy out there. We all know that. But his skills are second to none. I bought this one from him and I'd buy another. I could give a rat's ass what anyone has to say about him. If he can build me the hull for the price I paid and he still makes money on it maybe you should ask yourself who's the THIEF.

STEVE.

Well the thread isn't as bad as I thought it would be.. I thought Gelcoater handled it with some tact and class.. Greg came in kinda both barrels but I could see why.. Gotta be tough to play by the rules only to compete against a guy that didn't..

So heres the tough part.. I don't allow bashing of mfg's on here regardless of the reason.. But is bitz a mfg? I was always under the impression he was kinda some guy doing stuff in his garage? To that answer I don't know. (I would be interested to find out as well. I suppose I have some soul searching to do as to what constitutes a mfg.. Because I know some guys that turn out some seriously bad ass shit in their garages for profit.).

My initial thought on it would be product liability insurance and do they have it? Is so then they are probably a mfg of goods..

As far as the posts I'll leave them up.. But I'd ask that we move forward from the subject from here and get back to the build.

That being said Greg I hope to see more contributions to the site! Obviously in a more positive light, sharing build threads of your own etc.. It would seem your problem is more with Rick then it is with this guy so probably better suited to talk to Rick about this stuff then a guy just trying to put together a boat.. I do agree 100% with clearing up any confusion with your pricing and whether or not you splashed a boat who's ever thread it is.. That is your business and you should absolutely clear any muddied waters..

Stevevan, you are incorrect about changing a patenting something. To get a real patent you must introduce a new technology of some sort.. Should also be noted that while related as far as intellectual property splashing laws and patent laws are different.. As well all the wives tails about changing 10% etc are just that wives tails.. No laws about ten percent etc. you either infringe or you don't. Splashing laws have a lot more to do with of a boat will fit in the original mold and a whole host of other things that take books to describe so the idea of me doing it in a couple sentences from an I phone is not feasible.. I can understand you sticking up for your builder and your boat but again. I dont think either of these guys has an issue with you or your boat.. More perhaps the history behind it and the man behind it. I wouldn't let it affect your build thread or ngangas which myself and several others are following closely. :).

That's a lot of typing being on a phone in a del taco parking lot.. So party on guys. Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
nganga,it was in poor taste of me to post that in your build thread,I should have sent a pm.It won't happen again,and I do honestly wish you well on your build. I am very sorry.
I thought about sending a pm this morning,but since I dirtied the thread in public,the apology should be as well.

Also an apology to steve,you asked me to stay clear of your build thread and I will.I also wish you nothing but the best in completing your build.

Please understand I have nothing against either of you,and made it clear where my problem lies.I look forward to seeing both boats on the water and hope you continue to post updates on your build progress.

Gelcoater.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
nganga,it was in poor taste of me to post that in your build thread,I should have sent a pm.It won't happen again,and I do honestly wish you well on your build. I am very sorry.
I thought about sending a pm this morning,but since I dirtied the thread in public,the apology should be as well.

Also an apology to steve,you asked me to stay clear of your build thread and I will.I also wish you nothing but the best in completing your build.

Please understand I have nothing against either of you,and made it clear where my problem lies.I look forward to seeing both boats on the water and hope you continue to post updates on your build progress.

Gelcoater.

Apology accepted. Like I said before, your loyalty is admirable.

Steve

Reaction score
Steve.

I hear you got it done???

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
And it's well north of the Century Mark right off the trailer according to GPS.:thumbsup
And it gets there like yesterday.:D

Last edited: