WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building a 19' Rayson GN Boat

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is probably the 1st 19' Rayson craft laid up in a long long time. ;)

I hope to put up some more "rare / quality" builds as they progress in the near future.

The 1st boat being built will be a fiberglass boat. At this point I don't know if it will be a play boat, or a race boat.. The 2nd boat going into the mold right after this one, will be a carbon fiber and definately a race boat.

RD

Attachments

• IMG00049.jpg
    IMG00049.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,839
  • IMG00050.jpg
    IMG00050.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,776

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who is building these? Very cool to see these being built.

Schiada is laying up the hulls for a customer of theirs. The customer I believe owns the mold. If you wanted a Hull, I'd suggest calling Lee, and he could put you in touch with the owner of the mold for a price, etc..

RD

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I love seeing beautiful glass and wood work, :thumbsup

.boatpoor

Reaction score
Probably about the same as a new 21'..... way out of our your, mine, and most's league :D

Na, Lee is a fair enough guy. Just explain your situation and I'm sure he would reconsider a fair price for us boater guys.:thumbsup:D:D:D

.boatpoor

Reaction score
I can't afford one of those but I'll keep what I got. and I think Lee know's
why.

Hey Mr RD how many Schiada's do you's got now.:D:D

If I had your money, I'd burn mine.:D:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Three until summer. Then probably 4. ;). We'll see how biz is..

RD
I can't afford one of those but I'll keep what I got. and I think Lee know's
why.

Hey Mr RD how many Schiada's do you's got now.:D:D

If I had your money, I'd burn mine.:D:D

Just Ducky

Reaction score
I used to store my boat at Wallstrong trailers facility a few years ago.I went in to pick up my boat one day and there was a 19 or 20 foot Rayson craft in there.It was all white gel, looked like an older GN style hull with the little air deflector ramp in front of the driver.This thing was clean and did not have one hole drilled in it.I still wonder if the guy ever rigged it ,or if its still sitting down there.

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
So who's gonna order a hull and run the build through the Prime Marine boys..???? U know we could possibly see the nicest Rayson ever built.

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
So who's gonna order a hull and run the build through the Prime Marine boys..???? U know we could possibly see the nicest Rayson ever built.

i think you should be the first one that way when you get tired of it i will buy it from ya a few years later,not like you have had damn near every nice boat made:D

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
RD - is the hull where the lifting strakes are straight all the way to the bow - don't curve/meet at the bow?

Community

Reaction score
picking up my 10' tomorrow - all freeshly painted and ready to go. gotta buy some aluminum now for some hardware....

SGettmann

Reaction score
This is probably the 1st 19' Rayson craft laid up in a long long time. ;)

I hope to put up some more "rare / quality" builds as they progress in the near future.

The 1st boat being built will be a fiberglass boat. At this point I don't know if it will be a play boat, or a race boat.. The 2nd boat going into the mold right after this one, will be a carbon fiber and definately a race boat.

RD

Any idea why the outer stringers aren't ran the full length of the hull. What's up with the shorty stringers. At Islander Marine, Rick has a Schiada in there that he's working on where the outer stringers only go half way down the hull, then they round off. wouldn't there be more stability and strength with full stringers?

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Anyone have any more pictures? This one should be out of the mold by now and half way put together...:rolleyes:

Steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone have any more pictures? This one should be out of the mold by now and half way put together...:rolleyes:

Steve

I guess the guy that owns the boat / molds didn't want pictures of it online? I'm not sure, maybe he didn't want it online "yet?" So I don't think there will be anymore updates.. Sorry guys.

RD

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Everyone will see this boat when its done..and it will be outstanding. The guys with the molds are not new to Raysons or hauling ass in them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Everyone will see this boat when its done..and it will be outstanding. The guys with the molds are not new to Raysons or hauling ass in them.

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done. :) I just can't get anymore pics of the build. :(

RD

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
As slow as some of these V Drive installs have gone in the past, I hope that I will still be alive when we see the pictures of this one...:grumble:;)

Steve

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
As slow as some of these V Drive installs have gone in the past, I hope that I will still be alive when we see the pictures of this one...:grumble:;)

Steve

Not sure that'll happen Steve..........I know that one of the owners spent more than decade rigging his current boat.

Carl

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Not sure that'll happen Steve..........I know that one of the owners spent more than decade rigging his current boat.

Carl

Are you sayin' that I am out of luck for ever seeing this boat?:rolleyes::D Time is going by really fast for me...:)

Steve

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Hey Dave... Anything more on the Rayson? Sure would like to see it...

Steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Dave... Anything more on the Rayson? Sure would like to see it...

Steve

The owner didn't want pictures posted on the internet for some reason, so I didn't ask for anymore pictures..

RD

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I knew that he didn't want them posted but I was hooping that maybe he reconsidered and would share some with us Rayson fans. I guess not...:grumble:

Steve

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I saw this boat at Bluewater today. Looks nice but there was no one around and no for sale sign on it. Does anyone know if it is for sale and if it is what is the price?

Steve

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I saw this boat at Bluewater today. Looks nice but there was no one around and no for sale sign on it. Does anyone know if it is for sale and if it is what is the price?

Steve

Don't quote me.

But I heard someone say 20k.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I finally found the owner and the $20K number is correct. That is out on my league bu,t it is a really nice boat. Vacuum bagged, balsa floors etc. but as I said, not in my league...

Steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I took pictures of the boat in Parker this last weekend.. When I get sometime later today I will put them up. The boat came out really, really nice, and the cap is one of the nicest cap jobs I've ever seen.

RD

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
This boat really came out nice. I should have taken pictures of it while I was at the races but I forgot my camera:bash:

Steve

vdcruiser

Reaction score
I took pictures of the boat in Parker this last weekend.. When I get sometime later today I will put them up. The boat came out really, really nice, and the cap is one of the nicest cap jobs I've ever seen.

RD

Well, have you got time yet.:D

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I think that it is still sitting un touched yet. They are still trying to sell it I believe.

Steve