WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building a house, boat might have to go :/

d4l

Reaction score
While looking for houses for a while now we have come to the point where we concidering to build one instead. The prices have shot up so far the past years and you just dont get your money worth. Sure building will be even more expensive, but then we get it exactly as we want, and we already got the land!

But the boat might have to go :/ feels rough, I saved for many years to reach my dream to afford my own powerboat, even if its a small one. But I try to look at it as an investment. If we do alot of the work ourself the value when finished will be higher then the cost aswell as we will be lowering our cost of living by a significant number each month. This will allow me to put away money and save up for a new and hopefully bigger/better powerboat, hopefully before I turn 40.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I always view toys as disposable items that I can liquidate for cash if necessary. They typically depreciate over time but as long as you use them during that time and appreciate the memories made while doing so it is a wash in my mind.

Look at it this way, how much time do you spend in your boat? Not thinking about, spend in it. Then think about how much time you spend in you home................... You know what screw this thread, my wife has been bugging me to order the new shutters, get the landscaping done and to renovate both of our bathrooms and our kitchen.

Screw this shit, I'm headed to the river. Hope this helps.

d4l

Reaction score
If the land you are building on is around Havasu, you'd get a lot more help from inmates;)

I wish! New lottery drawing on saturday, fingers crossed[emoji317]

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
New home Builds are out of control. The only thing right now going for that are the interest rates. If interest rates were at 10% few homes for the masses would be built. It's not an absolute, but the people who make money on a new home are the builder and 2nd owner for the most part. To make money on a new home it's all about location. Polish the crystal ball and look forward 5-7 years at a minimum just in case your circumstances change. The boat is really not in what I'm saying here and if it is a deciding factor it seems like you are putting yourself out there.
Good luck and I look forward to reading the negative posts against my stance because I always like to learn.

Reactions: d4l

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I feel yore pain... Wife wants a house .. And the boat might be on the chopping block also to make it happen.. Hurts thinking about it:(

d4l

Reaction score
New home Builds are out of control. The only thing right now going for that are the interest rates. If interest rates were at 10% few homes for the masses would be built. It's not an absolute, but the people who make money on a new home are the builder and 2nd owner for the most part. To make money on a new home it's all about location. Polish the crystal ball and look forward 5-7 years at a minimum just in case your circumstances change. The boat is really not in what I'm saying here and if it is a deciding factor it seems like you are putting yourself out there.
Good luck and I look forward to reading the negative posts against my stance because I always like to learn.

I hear you. I dont see it as much as an investment in the way of building and selling for profit. I compare to what we pay today and over a long time. If we build and by that lower the cost with about $400 a month while paying to ourself so to speak instead of renting thats a good thing. Plan is to live there for a long time.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I hear you. I dont see it as much as an investment in the way of building and selling for profit. I compare to what we pay today and over a long time. If we build and by that lower the cost with about $400 a month while paying to ourself so to speak instead of renting thats a good thing. Plan is to live there for a long time.

I see your position. Better to own and hope than to hope to own. ;)

Reactions: d4l

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If you own a boat but rent a house there's something bass akwards?
You can always get another boat once your done with construction! Good Luck - Building a house is a PITA!!!