WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building a one off 21 V-Drive Trailer (Prime Marine)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here are some pics of a trailer Prime Marine is building for a customer. Please note the boat that is on the trailer is not the boat that will end up on it. It is just being used for to fit the trailer to a 21 Schiada V-drive. :)

Note it starts as 5 inch box tubing in the front, and expands to 12 inch box tubing. ;)

The wheels cost more then my entire trailer under my Schiada.. LOL

RD

Attachments

• Schiada custom trailer 001.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,467
  • Schiada custom trailer 010.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 010.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,327
  • Schiada custom trailer 009.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 009.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,331
  • Schiada custom trailer 008.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 008.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,414
  • Schiada custom trailer 007.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 007.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,365
  • Schiada custom trailer 006.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 006.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,398
  • Schiada custom trailer 005.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 005.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,928
  • Schiada custom trailer 004.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 004.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,462
  • Schiada custom trailer 003.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Schiada custom trailer 002.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 002.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,444

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Couple more pics. :)

RD

Attachments

• Schiada custom trailer 011.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 011.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • Schiada custom trailer 012.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 012.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,178
  • Schiada custom trailer 013.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 013.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,207
  • Schiada custom trailer 014.jpg
    Schiada custom trailer 014.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,388

Mrdeadair

Reaction score
That is bad ass:thumbsup

What was the deal with the spacing of the wheels the with a triple axles? There seems to be a lot of spacing on this one.

attachment.php

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is bad ass:thumbsup

What was the deal with the spacing of the wheels the with a triple axles? There seems to be a lot of spacing on this one.

attachment.php

It's a matter of personal preference.. Mike R. always likes a bit more spacing between the wheels for some reason. Personally I like them closer together, but it looks good either way.

I know they also just recieved the wheels, so they probably weren't sure what the outer diameter would be and left a little extra room for that. When the boat is on it, and the fender boards etc.. it will look "tighter" because you won't be able to see through it like you can now.

Notice the difference in this picture just from the boat.

attachment.php

RD

Community

Reaction score
The rails look killer with that taper in them. They always seem to be able to come up with a unique way of doing things.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When the wheels are spaced like shown they tend to drag/skid much less in turns I have found.

You'll see much less treadwear loss on the center and rear tires over time.

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
This build is gonna blow em all away....I'm just sayin.

...why u gotta leave Jay out of the photo opp Dave!!??

Yellowboat

Reaction score
is it just me or does it look like there is very little room for tires to travel up and down?

Scott E

Reaction score
The fabrication skills of some of the people on here is flat-out amazing. I aint got no skills like that.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Just doesn't look right with the tire and fender radii that far off from one another. JMHO

42johnny

Reaction score
Looks great as far as the metal work goes.
I have never been a fan of triple axel unless needed.
seems kinda .."hey-look at me"

to each there own, but yea the metal work is cool.

Johnny

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This build is gonna blow em all away....I'm just sayin.

...why u gotta leave Jay out of the photo opp Dave!!??

I didn't take the pics.. Mike R. e-mailed them to me yesterday. :)

is it just me or does it look like there is very little room for tires to travel up and down?

It's a "So Cal" thing.. the trailers are slammed (lowered) the lower the better. :D This trailer actually has quite a bit of travel compared to some. I'd wager it's got 2.5 inches of suspension before the tires touch the fender.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks great as far as the metal work goes.
I have never been a fan of triple axel unless needed.
seems kinda .."hey-look at me"

to each there own, but yea the metal work is cool.

Johnny

You're gonna hate my mini boats then.. LOL My 10 is on a tandom, and my 12'er is on a triple. :D

RD

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Thats a BADASS trailer but those tires are gonna scrub like a SOB when you back up. I agree that the triples say " LOOK AT ME" , Thats exactly what you do it for!! Thats pretty much what ALL this shit is about or we would all be riding in Bayliners. Streetrods on water! :thumbsup I personally would have spaced the tires closer together. Just my .02.

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Who is the short , round guy with glasses and he has dark hair..maybe even a litlle darker complected..I think I've seen him on some posters. maybe at the Post Office..is that possible??

Nice trailer..too much wheel and tire for me..but nice.

500bbc

Reaction score
I didn't take the pics.. Mike R. e-mailed them to me yesterday. :)

It's a "So Cal" thing.. the trailers are slammed (lowered) the lower the better. :D This trailer actually has quite a bit of travel compared to some. I'd wager it's got 2.5 inches of suspension before the tires touch the fender.

RD

I had a slammed trailer for my Schiada, until it slammed my battery and broke it. The prop/rudder guard was low enough to hit the ground at speed over a bump, or the railroad tracks on Rice.

wrighton

Reaction score
Nice trailer. Reminds how much I need to get some work on mine done. i will post a video later of a 21 daytona jet triple axle trailer that a friend did with Air Bags. It is pretty slick and rides smooth down the road.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
so I take it there are no pot holes or speed bumbs in socal? :rolleyes:

that or heaven forbid you have to back your trailer up a steeper drive way or over a square crub...

Prime Marine

Custom rigging
Reaction score
No, there are no potholes in So Cal besides the potholes would be a mess on the wheels. We were thinkin it would be a better idea if he could put it on a flatbed and tow it to the river that way. (I really dont want it to touch the ground!)

Mike @ Prime Marine

Thanks for all the comments.

Prime Marine

Custom rigging
Reaction score
Who is the short , round guy with glasses and he has dark hair..maybe even a litlle darker complected..I think I've seen him on some posters. maybe at the Post Office..is that possible??

Nice trailer..too much wheel and tire for me..but nice.

Is my picture at the post office under the "wanted" section again? Oh well, thanks for the reply Rattle chins. Let me know when you wanna step up your program and I'll help you out...

Mike

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
so I take it there are no pot holes or speed bumbs in socal? :rolleyes:

that or heaven forbid you have to back your trailer up a steeper drive way or over a square crub...

Yellowboat, I'd be happy to continue the debate with you via PM's, but I think your kinda killing the thread here, and that kinda sux.

RD

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
The Mike's, hard at work making another customer happy !!!! You guys do some bad azz projects.

Scott:thumbsup:D

78 Continental

Reaction score
For what this trailer will look like when finished, I can't wait to see the boat thats going on it. Will be a nice combo. Very cool.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Very cool. I may have to do a rigid triple on my 10 just to have that look at me look. :skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Very cool. I may have to do a rigid triple on my 10 just to have that look at me look. :skull

You better step it down to 10 inch wheels or 8's.. 12's are way too big.

You could consider maybe even shifter kart wheels?

RD

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
This trailer looks awesome the guys at Prime are just TOP NOTCH and everything they work on.

Tow slow and you won't kill the trailer, my buddy showed up at the river with his prop guard dragging, didn't think that towing at 70 was an issue:bash:

If it don't drag you are too high and a little tire rub on the fender only helps keep the tires true.

With the triple axels your rear axel sets back so far that when backing into a steep drive way you drag less than with a tandom, if you really have an issue put a hitch on the front of your truck and use a drop hitch to raise the backof the trailer.

The boats are on the trailers more than in the water and you really see more of the boat on the trailer so a cool trailer makes the boat complete. The triple axels really help the trailers look lower and help with the proportions.

Schiada Time

Reaction score
Beautiful trailer. My old Competitive trailer under my 22 Schiada is worn out. Hoping to either replace it or refurbish it in the next few years

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I agree that the triples say " LOOK AT ME" , Thats exactly what you do it for!! Thats pretty much what ALL this shit is about or we would all be riding in Bayliners. Streetrods on water! :thumbsup
:D

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Granted, it's going to be a nice trailer but certainly not anything new. A lot of Aussie trailers are built with tapers front and rear and have been for some time. Look up the Force boats website and you'll see plenty of em. Admittedly the triple wheels will make it look trick but sorry, not a "new" style.

Here's mine that we rebuilt 2 years ago and it was originally built in 1992:
DSCF1699.jpg

A mate of mine took all the measurements off it and just finished building his own version in his garage. Recessed number plate, rear rail follows the transom angle, hidden brake master cylinder, the works.

Sorry, not trying to rain on anyone's parade. They're building a really sweet looking trailer and when it's done it will be very cool. I guess we just have lots of cool trailers in Oz :D

Oz

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've seen the Force Trailers.. They are definately cool, and your right about the "tapered" main rails not being "original / new" we just don't have anyone building anythin like it in the states.

Prime has done service work / rigging on some of the Forces that come over here, so they are familiar with their trailers etc.

All that being said, Aussie trailers are generally pretty ugly compared to their American counter parts. :D :D

RD

Oz Dude

Reaction score
RD - I must admit I am really surprised that trailers aren't as nice as the boats they hold over there.

Trailers in Oz have always been made to look pretty decent but in recent years they've become as much a part of "the style package" as the boat itself.

Oh, and what's with those triple axle setups?? Sheesh :skull

Oz

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
:D :D LOL..

If Aussie's had any sense of style you'd know about Triples!

Glad to see you back online! We got some new things in the works here that I think you're gonna like!

RD

shan

Reaction score
Maybe it's the pictures, but this thing looks huge! You said it's for a 21' right? Nice to see someone doing something different.:thumbsup

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Granted, it's going to be a nice trailer but certainly not anything new. A lot of Aussie trailers are built with tapers front and rear and have been for some time. Look up the Force boats website and you'll see plenty of em. Admittedly the triple wheels will make it look trick but sorry, not a "new" style.

Here's mine that we rebuilt 2 years ago and it was originally built in 1992:
DSCF1699.jpg

A mate of mine took all the measurements off it and just finished building his own version in his garage. Recessed number plate, rear rail follows the transom angle, hidden brake master cylinder, the works.

Sorry, not trying to rain on anyone's parade. They're building a really sweet looking trailer and when it's done it will be very cool. I guess we just have lots of cool trailers in Oz :D
Oz

Maybe..... but that aint one of em! :eek:

springer

Reaction score
I personally think that is one really cool looking trailer just my opinion.

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
Any new info or pic. on this trailer???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll call Mike tomorrow and get some pics.. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
anyone have a picture of this trailer finished?

The trailer is back at hte customers right now waiting on a few things. So it's still in it's current state. When Mike gets it back he's going to plumb it with all stainless lines etc.. :)

Pics will be up when I get them.

RD

ace one

Reaction score
What will cost more the trailer or the boat ?? It may be a mistake to ask !:rotflmao:....I have built several trailers in the past and the man hours that you can put into a trailer like this one is crazy and can get out of control. I can't wait to see the completed project. How would you like to take this rig to the ski races and launch your boat off of a sandy beach and have all of your skiers marching all over your trailer with their sandy feet. Looks great so far!

Last edited:

Prime Marine

Custom rigging
Reaction score
Any new pic's on this trailer??

No sorry not at the moment we are working on another project for that customer so just trying to get it finished for tomorrow!!! Still at the shop plugging along. Almost finished. I'll put a post of that up soon!
Mike

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Anything new yet? Is this trailer finished? Would love to see some more pictures...

Steve

FrznJim

Reaction score
So.......any finished pics of this cool trailer?