WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building water ski's

Cartozian

Reaction score
I was looking at a Maha and DC race ski over the weekend and I'm really curious on how this project is going? I heard it's really hard and time consuming to build a ski correctly but I still think it would be a cool project. Good luck!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
This is fucking awesome, this thread has been going for almost 5 years and I still don't have a ski built LMAO

Hang tight:D

Cole Harper

Reaction score
I just now saw this! I want to know what happened? Did the ski turn out? I am interested in making a Wood ski myself. Same sort of thing, just want to make one more so because i think it would be alot of fun and hopefully cheaper than buying a wood squareback elsewhere, not only that but i love the nostalgia of the "real" waterski and river days where it was handmade skis and flattys pulling them. I have been talking with some old boys at my work about wood working techniques and things along those lines and i think i could make this happen. I currently ride a Danny Churchill and loves how it rides but for hotdogging it would be nice if it was lighter. After reading this thread i got some really good ideas and tips about different woods, strengths so on. The last thing i would want is a ski to snap. So i am thinking something along the lines of that, not exact, but just a basic Squareback shape maybe 65" & 67". Any tips and interest would be appreciated.