WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Builds

575cat

Reaction score
Where are the new builds DCB , ELIM ,, it really died off .

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Pretty sure with the amount of builds they have going and the present situation in that state keeping a very low profile is what works best for them.

Reactions: DWC

HCP3

Reaction score
@Tony DCB Boats mentioned that they were keeping some of their tricks of the trade confidential by not posting so often. It sounded like he loved sharing with RDP, but it left their work out in the public for competitors to mimic.

Something like that. Can't remember exactly. 😄

I have no idea why Eliminator quit posting.

It is too bad. This was my favorite section of RDP.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
@Tony DCB Boats mentioned that they were keeping some of their tricks of the trade confidential by not posting so often. It sounded like he loved sharing with RDP, but it left their work out in the public for competitors to mimic.

Something like that. Can't remember exactly. 😄

I have no idea why Eliminator quit posting.

It is too bad. This was my favorite section of RDP.
I will get back on it soon and you guys deserve to see what is new and exciting. Lot's of outboard boats.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I will get back on it soon and you guys deserve to see what is new and exciting. Lot's of outboard boats.

While I appreciate the OB stuff, and if I was building new it would be an OB deal, but is anyone swinging the big stick? Light weight, big power, chasing a big speed number? It seems that real performance stuff has tapered off (understandably) and the have fun without killing even the biggest of check books has taken over.

If you feel the above is true, what do you attribute that to?

* A couple high profile accidents resulting in deaths (RIP to those I am speaking of)?

* Even the mega money people get tired of the big $ upkeep and maintenance?

* People just following the trends so they fit into the "new" crowd?

Always appreciate your input on this site! Thanks Tony!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
While I appreciate the OB stuff, and if I was building new it would be an OB deal, but is anyone swinging the big stick? Light weight, big power, chasing a big speed number? It seems that real performance stuff has tapered off (understandably) and the have fun without killing even the biggest of check books has taken over.

If you feel the above is true, what do you attribute that to?

* A couple high profile accidents resulting in deaths (RIP to those I am speaking of)?

* Even the mega money people get tired of the big $ upkeep and maintenance?

* People just following the trends so they fit into the "new" crowd?

Always appreciate your input on this site! Thanks Tony!
You are quite incorrect on your assessment here... This is part of the reason I have slowed down as well.
If you can buy a DCB than you will buy one and thank goodness we are very busy with some great builds.

We have a few 31's and 35's as well to build.

The power to weight ratio is hard to beat and to be running in the mid 120's and better is why these boats are popular.

Opinions are great, however some should be kept to themselves and stay positive my friend...

Here's to a great and positive 2021.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You are quite incorrect on your assessment here... This is part of the reason I have slowed down as well.
If you can buy a DCB than you will buy one and thank goodness we are very busy with some great builds.

The power to weight ratio is hard to beat and to be running in the mid 120's and better is why these boats are popular.

Opinions are great, however some should be kept to themselves and stay positive my friend...

Cheers to a great 2021 as well Tony. You guys are the best in the business, I’m always excited to see what you’re up to. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

I’m not making any assessments, didn’t mean for it to sound like that, just asking what your thoughts were with what looks to be a decline in the big power IO stuff. It just seems we don’t see near as many of the big power, big speed stuff, not just from DCB, but all the MFGS. I fully understand the draw of the OBs!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Here is the newest M-37R. Simply stunning and heading to BC, Canada after DS 2021. This is his third new DCB build and it runs as good as it looks. So many over the top DCB details as always.
IMG_0154 (27).JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0602 (18).JPG

hallett21

Reaction score

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Do you find it hard trimming a boat on switches like that vs on the throttle/blinker style?

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
What a beautiful boat! Can’t wait to see that on the Shuswap this summer!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Do you find it hard trimming a boat on switches like that vs on the throttle/blinker style?

The trim switch on the throttle is for both engines and the one in the dash is for the syncs. It is easy to touch them to sync while throttling the boat. I personally do not care for the "blinker style". However, it is up to the customer as to what they want.

575cat

Reaction score
Or 31,s & 35,s NON outboard , Tony .

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Or 31,s & 35,s NON outboard , Tony .
Yes, the 31 and 35 are inboard specific.
If you want an outboard in this size and style I would talk you into the M-33.

We tooled this boat for this reason. It is not a boat that is built for inboards and we put outboards on it. There are other manufacturers that do this now and it is not the best way to go. The outboard specific models are a lot different with design and the bottom is designed differently for the 800-900 HP instead of big inboard power.

575cat

Reaction score
I meant do you have any 31,s 35,s going on ?

575cat

Reaction score
Got any progress pic,s , were board .

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
This new M37R is ridiculous! Tony and the hole DCB crew has killed it with this new set up! From the handling, to the creature comforts for all passengers, it is just incredible!
This is the only outboard boat I would ever spend my hard earned money on.
Bravo!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
This new M37R is ridiculous! Tony and the hole DCB crew has killed it with this new set up! From the handling, to the creature comforts for all passengers, it is just incredible!
This is the only outboard boat I would ever spend my hard earned money on.
Bravo!
Thank you, @Mikemo_SDS
We always try to make them better every time! Can't wait to see your new boat when it is done. The Howard is the best single engine deck boat around.... Kudos to Mike and Gene.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Thank you and your new boat is coming along nicely....

Yes it is, thank you. It looking like I'll be driving across the country in a great time of year in Michigan. Looking like Late January - early February. Same as the first trip we made to visit Skater.

We flew into O'hare, drove to Douglas, staying just ahead of a HUGE storm. Stayed the night in Douglas. Woke to a giant blizzard. Had a hard time getting out of the parking lot, and around the corner to Skater. Spent the day and had to get back to O'hare for a red-eye to ST. Louis, to tour MTI. It had snowed 12-18 inches while we were in the plant and they plowed the lot for us to get out. Drove out to the interstate just behind a plow. Got to O'hare just in time to make one of the last flights before they shut it down.

Back to this thread. When it was posted, I was tempted to post this, but didn't...

I'm amazed that there is as little traffic in this sub-forum as there is. It is the only place on this site that there isn't a bunch of tomfoolery and arguing about nothing. Its 1000% industry related and as the proprietor frequently states ~et al "This site is about the boating lifestyle and cool builds" In all reality I would think it would have more traffic than does the dungeon.

I was guilty of it until I started my build. Now, Its the only sub-forum I visit.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Yes it is, thank you. It looking like I'll be driving across the country in a great time of year in Michigan. Looking like Late January - early February. Same as the first trip we made to visit Skater.

We flew into O'hare, drove to Douglas, staying just ahead of a HUGE storm. Stayed the night in Douglas. Woke to a giant blizzard. Had a hard time getting out of the parking lot, and around the corner to Skater. Spent the day and had to get back to O'hare for a red-eye to ST. Louis, to tour MTI. It had snowed 12-18 inches while we were in the plant and they plowed the lot for us to get out. Drove out to the interstate just behind a plow. Got to O'hare just in time to make one of the last flights before they shut it down.

Back to this thread. When it was posted, I was tempted to post this, but didn't...

I'm amazed that there is as little traffic in this sub-forum as there is. It is the only place on this site that there isn't a bunch of tomfoolery and arguing about nothing. Its 1000% industry related and as the proprietor frequently states ~et al "This site is about the boating lifestyle and cool builds" In all reality I would think it would have more traffic than does the dungeon.

I was guilty of it until I started my build. Now, Its the only sub-forum I visit.
Totally agree with you and the other forums on RDP... The build section is good because it is a boating website. The other sections are an extension of social media and I don't need to see what you had for dinner last night... LOL

Have a great week and Merry Christmas to all of you guys....
-Tony

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Totally agree with you and the other forums on RDP... The build section is good because it is a boating website. The other sections are an extension of social media and I don't need to see what you had for dinner last night... LOL

Have a great week and Merry Christmas to all of you guys....
-Tony
You know you want one of these😎

AED96673-3296-4D29-A10F-3F7C52601550.png

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
Tony, I was looking at the boat and wondering if the outboards on a tilt trailer create any issues or considerations over an inboard. Seeing how the bulk of the weight on an outboard engine is up top and most of that weight is above the freeboard, it would give you the impression that the "top" engine once the boat was tilted up would be a lot of dead weight just bouncing around up there compared to an inboard set up. Hard to find the right "wow" words to define that boat!

575cat

Reaction score
So I guess we are not going to get pic,s any more so they might as well shut this part down .

575cat

Reaction score
I meant people need these build pic,s to keep interest in the game or to spark some to get into a new build , or ? these time,s are blah the way it is .

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I meant people need these build pic,s to keep interest in the game or to spark some to get into a new build , or ? these time,s are blah the way it is .
There’s lots of new build threads. Advantage posted a new one today, one of several they have posted.
There’s several Ultra threads, Cheetah, Hallett, Eliminator, 2 different Skater builds, 2 different Howard builds, the new SOSA thread and others. How many do you want? 😂

575cat

Reaction score
Progress pic,s man , not much posted like there used to be . Nordic,s ??