WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bulk beef during a pandemic!

wash11

Reaction score
Ridiculous title, I know.

We are still cranking away with no limits or shortages. All our repeat customers have been taken care of while other people were scrambling to stock up at the store. It's just a reminder that local food systems work and are damn near bulletproof compared to the current, nationwide food system.

Oh yeah, our prices are still that same as last year, and the year before.

Our late season steers are ready to butcher. These are grain finished with nice marbling. Delicious and perfect for summer grilling.

For those that aren't familiar with the super easy process:

$100 deposit per ¼ beef gets you on the list. We tell everyone to budget $1000 with delivery to Lake Havasu but typically come in under that. Each ¼ averages 95-105lbs of assorted, labeled cuts of beef in your freezer, requiring 5 to 7 cubic feet of freezer space (less if you like playing Tetris). The number of people that handle each package that ends up in your freezer from start to finish is counted on one hand, which includes Amy and me when we show up on the scheduled delivery day.
Doing a turnaround trip to pickup? Our first stop is the Loves at I40 and 95 going in to Havasu to meet customer traveling from SoCal.
Have a pad in Havasu but can't make it? No problem, after this many years it seems 1/2 our deliveries are to vacation homes. We let ourselves in, fill your freezer, send a pic of your goodies and your place all locked up when we leave plus an invoice and you Paypal your balance to us.

We have 1/4's 1/2's and wholes available as early as the end of July with more to come in August. We do have some larger steers with more marbling available as well for the true grilling enthusiast.

In a world that seems to get crazier every day, local food makes sense.

Vacation delivery to a RDP member a few weeks ago. This was one of our larger steers, about 135lbs to a 1/4 I believe.

IMG_8529.jpg

This is a 95lb 1/4 comfortably laid out in a 14 cubic ft upright freezer. It's not as intimidating as first timers imagine.

IMG_7295.JPG

We've been at this awhile now. So much has changed since we first started. Marbling, consistency, and flavor have come a long way as we've grown and learned. These past two years, we've achieved what we set out to do so long ago. We've been so happy with the results that we stopped fiddling with our feed program a couple seasons ago. If you liked what you got before, you'll fall in love all over again.

Call or text Joel 928-486-4043 with questions or to order.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Joel and Amy are awesome! If you’re on the the fence, do it without hesitation.

I ordered 1/4 pre-COVID that’s almost gone. My wife told me to order more, so put me down for a 1/2 this time.

AzMandella

Reaction score
I'd love to but you can't find a freezer if your life depended on it .

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Ridiculous title, I know.

We are still cranking away with no limits or shortages. All our repeat customers have been taken care of while other people were scrambling to stock up at the store. It's just a reminder that local food systems work and are damn near bulletproof compared to the current, nationwide food system.

Oh yeah, our prices are still that same as last year, and the year before.

Our late season steers are ready to butcher. These are grain finished with nice marbling. Delicious and perfect for summer grilling.

For those that aren't familiar with the super easy process:

$100 deposit per ¼ beef gets you on the list. We tell everyone to budget $1000 with delivery to Lake Havasu but typically come in under that. Each ¼ averages 95-105lbs of assorted, labeled cuts of beef in your freezer, requiring 5 to 7 cubic feet of freezer space (less if you like playing Tetris). The number of people that handle each package that ends up in your freezer from start to finish is counted on one hand, which includes Amy and me when we show up on the scheduled delivery day.
Doing a turnaround trip to pickup? Our first stop is the Loves at I40 and 95 going in to Havasu to meet customer traveling from SoCal.
Have a pad in Havasu but can't make it? No problem, after this many years it seems 1/2 our deliveries are to vacation homes. We let ourselves in, fill your freezer, send a pic of your goodies and your place all locked up when we leave plus an invoice and you Paypal your balance to us.

We have 1/4's 1/2's and wholes available as early as the end of July with more to come in August. We do have some larger steers with more marbling available as well for the true grilling enthusiast.

In a world that seems to get crazier every day, local food makes sense.

Vacation delivery to a RDP member a few weeks ago. This was one of our larger steers, about 135lbs to a 1/4 I believe.

View attachment 897429

This is a 95lb 1/4 comfortably laid out in a 14 cubic ft upright freezer. It's not as intimidating as first timers imagine.

View attachment 897430

We've been at this awhile now. So much has changed since we first started. Marbling, consistency, and flavor have come a long way as we've grown and learned. These past two years, we've achieved what we set out to do so long ago. We've been so happy with the results that we stopped fiddling with our feed program a couple seasons ago. If you liked what you got before, you'll fall in love all over again.

Call or text Joel 928-486-4043 with questions or to order.
Where are you delivering from? I live in California.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I was able to shoe horn mine into the drawer freezer on the fridge by removing a few frozen items that have been in there forever. Figured I'd rather have the quality frozen beef than the Frozen processed crap food.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1manshow

Reaction score
If you happen to have Facebook check out the market place. I had the same problem and I ended up buying a commercial freezer from an ice cream shop that was going out of business due to Covid..

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Whats ballpark price of a 1/4 if I drive to you? I'm in Phoenix.

Ballpark $1000 per 1/4. Pick up in Havasu area.

I do a turnaround trip from Long Beach and pick up at 40/95 or, best case, I time it with a river trip.

wash11

Reaction score
Whats ballpark price of a 1/4 if I drive to you? I'm in Phoenix.
You can pick up at the butcher in Chino Valley if that's better than Havasu for you. Saves you about $40 in delivery fee (we charge .40lb to deliver into Havasu).

Reactions: FCT

37 boat

Reaction score
We picked up a 1/4 from Joel in May and as others have said the quality is excellent. Highly recommended!

FCT

Reaction score
You can pick up at the butcher in Chino Valley if that's better than Havasu for you. Saves you about $40 in delivery fee (we charge .40lb to deliver into Havasu).
Perkins right next to the shooting range?

jet496

Reaction score
We've been buying quarter of a cow every year for the last decade or more from our local high school kids who raise them for show at the SD Fair You can taste the difference. Hopefully we can still buy some this year even though the fair was cancelled. If not, we're driving to Havasu.

River Runnin

Reaction score
A friend of ours went out and fired up the bbq! -- Said "That steak smells just awesome from last night!" -- Then said "I'm spoiled now! I'll never buy burger out of a store again!" WTF is that guy number?? ..... I said you'll need a bigger freezer! 😆

wash11

Reaction score
deliver to Las Vegas?

We have a bunch of Vegas customers that do a turn around trip to Kingman to pick up on delivery day. I believe it's 90 miles one way for you. Let me know if you are interested in trying to schedule something. The food police make it hard for us to cross state lines as an Arizona producer so we stay in state these days.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
You raise the beef in AZ but it gets butchered in Chino? Doesn't seem very cost effective. What am I missing? We've been freezer shopping . . .

FishSniper

Reaction score
You raise the beef in AZ but it gets butchered in Chino? Doesn't seem very cost effective. What am I missing? We've been freezer shopping . . .
Believe the butcher is in Chino Valley AZ.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Chino Valley is in Arizona by Prescott. You're thinking Chino, Ca.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Bought a 1/4 a few months back and we are really enjoying it. As someone else said, there are some cuts we don't know what to do with yet (neck bones, beef for stew, etc), but all the steaks and ground beef have been fantastic! I with the freezer I ordered in March would get here already, but they still don't have an ETA on that. Grrr. I'll be back for more when I have some room!

wash11

Reaction score
Hit google for easy neck bone recipes. Basically, it's one of the most flavorful meals you'll have from your 1/4. Amy sears them in a pan before loading in a dish with assorted spices, covers with foil and bakes on 325 till bones are tender (about 4 hours). 15 minute prep time and you're an absolute hero at the dinner table.
The stew meat can be used in any soup or stew but our preferred use is stir fry. Season and cook up the meat in a pan then add veggies toward the end. You've got another bad ass meal in 15 minutes.
Bought a 1/4 a few months back and we are really enjoying it. As someone else said, there are some cuts we don't know what to do with yet (neck bones, beef for stew, etc), but all the steaks and ground beef have been fantastic! I with the freezer I ordered in March would get here already, but they still don't have an ETA on that. Grrr. I'll be back for more when I have some room!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
That was me, I had to Google the "cross cut rib roast". I found a good recipe and enjoyed the shit out of it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A little while ago I posted you can’t get freezers anywhere in the states right now and a couple of members Said I was crazy.. lol.

LC925

Reaction score
It was good to meet you today @wash11

I did a turn around to meet Joel today at the 40/95 for a 1/2. Got lucky enough to find a stand up 20 Cubic Foot freezer literally days before our order was ready for pick up. Funny story, after looking day in and day out everywhere, I just walk into a Home Depot and see a shrink wrapped appliance calling my name that’s hiding behind pallets of tile. Looked up the part number and it was what I needed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, thanks for the meats and service Joel. Here is a before and after of the new freezer! I like the fact that everything is individually packaged and easy to read. I just stacked everything by cuts for easy access.

Can’t wait to start cooking these up!
34B6F0D4-FF4E-474B-A124-D9B61CD32FEB.jpeg
0E2C8EB9-1C63-4B27-A786-2673D7420DA4.jpeg
0322576A-7195-48DA-9FC6-957CD6974AA9.jpeg
655005A1-38E1-4C47-B8D6-F1DFEE2B0EBA.jpeg
B9810C9A-C150-4829-B7F1-48F0E1D9CA22.jpeg
CD0CBD4D-88DF-4B73-B2F1-8D088D97946E.jpeg

WildWilly

Reaction score
100% agree. I am a first timer this year (bought ground beef last year but that doesn't count) and so far EVERYTHING is better than what you buy in stores for sure.

wash11

Reaction score
Thanks guys! We are currently taking orders for late October deliveries. PM me here or call/text anytime. Joel 928-486-4043

wash11

Reaction score
Looks like different packaging, new butcher?

I still use the same butcher you are used to but added a second option as we've grown. Our biggest struggle is getting butcher appointments, they are all so busy now!

LC925

Reaction score
Added in some bacon crumbles, will know how they come out shortly but my mouth is watering! 😋
2C3F98B6-D26C-4F0E-8AEB-A8FB7BB309E8.jpeg

LC925

Reaction score
These were great! Don’t have the stomach room for another burger so just cooking up the patties alone to eat next.
7661FF67-9226-4E46-9AC8-949F189E39DB.jpeg

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I still use the same butcher you are used to but added a second option as we've grown. Our biggest struggle is getting butcher appointments, they are all so busy now!

Have you thought of doing shipping? I am in West Tennessee and would love to buy some.

wash11

Reaction score
FYI, taking orders now for November deliveries. There will be a Phoenix delivery in November as well (which hasn't happened in quite awhile!). There will still be a Havasu delivery as well as the option to pick up from the butcher in Chino Valley, AZ.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I've purchased from Joel and Amy 4 times now. Great people great meat. Getting ready for another order soon.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Thanks guys! We are currently taking orders for late October deliveries. PM me here or call/text anytime. Joel 928-486-4043
As soon as we decide where we are going to put our new freezer and get it up and running I will be contacting you....looks amazing...

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Last night, I smoked some of Joel and Amy's ribeyes and finished them over mesquite in a Santa Maria grill. Amazing.

I gave my brother some of the ground beef a couple months back and he said it was some of the best he's ever had.

Already stoked to pick my next 1/4 in couple months.

Between that and the pig I hope to get from a Central CA hunt, I'll be fully stocked for the pandemic winter!