WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bully Dog ECU Programmer for your Rzr Turbo. Killer performance.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The biggest lie in off roading is; "I haven't done any performance mods."
That's a Red Flag every time.
I bought our 2016 Rzr turbo the same week as a friend bought his and we ran each other up Comp hill in Dumont.
My XPT runs flawlessly. Outstanding.

I had a rolling start, he was at a standstill and then caught me in about 100 feet and was at least 6 car lengths ahead at the end.
Claimed he hadn't done anything.

I talked to the Bully Dog people and they said a crazy looking guy with a Ren and Stempy looking dog that pee's on electric fences bought their controller and was real happy.
That describes my friend perfectly but I think they both pee on electric fences.
Caught.

So, it's a bit complicated to use the reprogrammer, and it ain't cheap, but the performance results are excellent and the Rzr will run 20F cooler.
So this week I'll drop the cash and upgrade too.

bmpgt2_web__6.jpg

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there, be aware that Dynojet has released the Power Vision CX flash tuner for the RZR turbo (and others) as well. A few benefits over the Bully Dog unit are price ($399 retail), programmed tunes available and always being added for your use for FREE, and the software allows you, the end user, or your tuner FULL ACCESS to the ECU tuning to adjust limits, VE fuel tables, boost and EVERYTHING that is in the tune. Why pay someone else for their best guess when you can do it yourself or have your friendly neighborhood dyno tuner do it to YOUR specifications and desires?

Check it out: http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/...d=3147&yr=2016&mkid=3469&mkn=Polaris&pId=2831

Reactions: TPC

STV_Keith

Reaction score
You can download the software from the website, and open the maps/tunes to take a look, but you have a lot of things you can adjust. You can adjust limits, like the speed limit, rev limit, boost, etc. Here's what the speed limit and the VE table looks like.

Attachments

• PVCX-VEtable.jpg
    PVCX-VEtable.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 180
  • PVCX-SpeedLimit.jpg
    PVCX-SpeedLimit.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 169

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Doesn't look like there is much interest, but if anyone has questions, let me know.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I like the plug a plays stuff.
It has to be easy to use and effective.

I put the power Commander on Maynards YFZ 450 and it made a huge difference.

Hammer

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there, be aware that Dynojet has released the Power Vision CX flash tuner for the RZR turbo (and others) as well. A few benefits over the Bully Dog unit are price ($399 retail), programmed tunes available and always being added for your use for FREE, and the software allows you, the end user, or your tuner FULL ACCESS to the ECU tuning to adjust limits, VE fuel tables, boost and EVERYTHING that is in the tune. Why pay someone else for their best guess when you can do it yourself or have your friendly neighborhood dyno tuner do it to YOUR specifications and desires?

Check it out: http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/...d=3147&yr=2016&mkid=3469&mkn=Polaris&pId=2831

Keith,

Do you have someone in So Cal I can send my RZR to and do a real time test session for the board? I would like this product and would be more than happy to do a review.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I like the plug a plays stuff.
It has to be easy to use and effective.

I put the power Commander on Maynards YFZ 450 and it made a huge difference.

It is pretty much a plug and play. When you first connect the PVCX to the RZR, the devices gives you the "tune compatibility" code. This code then matches to the one for tunes available on the website, and potentially the ones sent on the device. If it's the same, you're ready to flash with our pre-developed tunes. If it's different, you'd check the website for a compatible tune. If there isn't one, you email us and our tech guys will email you back a compatible tune. Then you copy that tune to the device (it shows up in Windows like a flash drive - so just drag and drop the file into it), then you can flash the RZR. It's that easy with the pre-developed tunes.

ETA: The guys are shooting a video right now, of the process. As soon as they have it done and uploaded to the YouTube channel, I'll post a link here.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Keith,

Do you have someone in So Cal I can send my RZR to and do a real time test session for the board? I would like this product and would be more than happy to do a review.

What year/model RZR do you have? Since the PVCX is so new, I don't have anyone I know that has specifically started tuning RZR's on a dyno in CA. The only shops we have sold them to so far is in Huntington Beach, called Tolemar Manufacturing, or Kyle Racing in Sand City, but I'm not sure if either of them are tuning them there or just reselling them.

Hammer

Reaction score
What year/model RZR do you have? Since the PVCX is so new, I don't have anyone I know that has specifically started tuning RZR's on a dyno in CA. The only shops we have sold them to so far is in Huntington Beach, called Tolemar Manufacturing, or Kyle Racing in Sand City, but I'm not sure if either of them are tuning them there or just reselling them.

2016 RZR4 Non turbo.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Here's the video we just finished of how you use the PowerVision CX to flash the ECU.

[video=youtube_https;ZBTqj3tIOPo]https://youtu.be/ZBTqj3tIOPo[/video]