WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bumper options! 18' Baker

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Looking for some solutions for my brother with his 86 Baker 18' OB Tunnel. His boat only has one cleat on each side in the rear and the bow eye to tie up at the dock. Not to mention the boat sits so low in the water regular bouys are kind of awkward. What do you guys with similar boats do with yours at the dock and what kind of bumpers do you use? His boat is similar to the pic below.

IMG_0684.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
Sweet! Your bros boat must be my boats twin! Nice to see another Baker in the house! Here was last weekend and it shows how I tie up. I use my forward cleats and ski pole. And the fenders go forward and rear. I would add some more cleats to his boat, that's not the norm to just have one on the rear. Great looking float, glad to see it here.
IMG_0690.jpg

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Well that isn't actually his boat, his is red pink and grey. Yeah I think adding 2 more cleats is the way to go too. I will suggest that to him. It should bee pretty easy since you can crawl under and bolt them from the inside too.

gqchris

Reaction score
Well that isn't actually his boat, his is red pink and grey. Yeah I think adding 2 more cleats is the way to go too. I will suggest that to him. It should bee pretty easy since you can crawl under and bolt them from the inside too.

Cool man. Yea i was going to swap mine up for the pop up cleats when i rigged my boat but the budget was already blown, so I kept the ones on it had. Its on my to do list. Just takes a little effort!

Fenderbender

Reaction score
HAHA so I talked to hime this morning and apparently he has zero cleats on the boat. I guess we know what the solution is going to be! I did find some small button cleats that would hold bumpers on the sides and be easy to install too.
620-142300.jpg

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Sweet! Your bros boat must be my boats twin! Nice to see another Baker in the house! Here was last weekend and it shows how I tie up. I use my forward cleats and ski pole. And the fenders go forward and rear. I would add some more cleats to his boat, that's not the norm to just have one on the rear. Great looking float, glad to see it here.
View attachment 750145

BTW your boat looks killer and the new motor package has got to be so fast!

gqchris

Reaction score
Good call. I like those also! Thanks bro on the compliments, it came out real nice and I have been happy with it!

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Naci10.jpg

No cleats on mine. Rope with a clip and loop just the right length for the bow eye to a dock cleat and another for the rear from the cav plate turn buckle to the dock cleat. The one for the stern is a little longer to adjust for dock cleat spacing. I do have pop-up mushrooms for the fenders on the vertical part of the deck. Did the same thing with my Baker 21 RST.

Last edited:

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Sweet that sounds like a clean set up. Do those mushroom pop-ups work pretty well?

Nielmcque

Reaction score
I put pop up cleats up on the bow of my Baker and use the ski pole on the stern and use the flat fenders instead of the round ones.
Screenshot_20190504-113139_Gallery.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
View attachment 750835
No cleats on mine. Rope with a clip and loop just the right length for the bow eye to a dock cleat and another for the rear from the cav plate turn buckle to the dock cleat. The one for the stern is a little longer to adjust for dock cleat spacing. I do have pop-up mushrooms for the fenders on the vertical part of the deck. Did the same thing with my Baker 21 RST.

I think Im going to get some of those mushroom cleats also for the fenders. Seems to be the right height and easy install.