WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bumpy Weekend in Catalina

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
I haven’t posted in forever but figured I’d share last weekend’s adventure for the inmates.

I finally got a free weekend to go fish so I signed up for the Catalina Classic fishing tournament which is put on by a club I belong to. I grabbed a few buddies and we headed into the slop to the island after work on Friday.

Had a rough ride over but we had dinner and a few drinks to relax. Woke up in the morning and we led the shotgun start for the tournament [emoji106]

IMG_9605.JPG

Trolled around the east end then ended up around the corner for wide open Calicos. After a few hours decided to move around and trolled in between. Got a few barracuda on he troll then decided to stop in at Avalon to fill out our score card with the obligatory buffalo milks.

IMG_5224.JPG

Finished then ran back to Whites for a few sand bass and a few more drinks. Called “lines out” at 3pm.

Then ran down to Bluewater in Avalon to pick up the swordfish dinner from Bluewater Grill for the tournament participants

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

Got a little relaxation before the trophy ceremony

IMG_9618.JPG

Then ended up bombing home at dusk due to a forecast for wind building to 20 knots starting at 2am.

Lost the port motor a mile out of Avalon due to a plugged fuel pickup from junk in the tank that got stirred up in the slop but all in a great weekend on the water [emoji106]

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
That looks like a ton of fun.
I'd love to tow out to California and run to Catalina some day.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Did you ever finish your thread last year about start of season contest of who's boat was best prepared? I know you were doing all the small stuff, but dont remember how that shook out.

rivergames

Reaction score
Nice recap!

I'm gonna cruise out one weekend in July....Although, with the fishing picking up, I might be in SCI!