WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bunker bar?

parker ed

Reaction score
Never been, how do you get there from the bridge?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
The placed was packed today. It was a fun ride there and back today!

Reactions: DWC

MooreMoney

Reaction score
My daughter and nephew walked up the hill and took a picture before we left. Full house
AD194E1C-9697-47EB-9D90-BBC051EE7816.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
About 40 people from here headed there this morning.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Shit show is a nice way to describe it today. WAY too many people. Took 30min to get a beer and food was about an hour and standing room only unless your hovered a table waiting for someone to leave.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Shit show is a nice way to describe it today. WAY too many people. Took 30min to get a beer and food was about an hour and standing room only unless your hovered a table waiting for someone to leave.
Glad we didn’t bother heading up that way. Hopefully Sunday will be less busy.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Oh, the quite and solitude of the desert?? LOL. Although, I recall a photo taken when the Bunker Bar opened, the FIRST time, hardly any one was there. It was pretty much vacant. And, I believe that also included ‘vacant’ of a liquor license? LOL. This photo showed the table next to the camera had a 50 CAL sit up ready to fire off that table!! Had to have been an amazing experience and a great place back then. Back in the Day!

Heylam

Reaction score
Is Nick from Nikko's still doing the food there? I heard he might not be, and if not I was wondering if it was any good now?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
The reason I agreed to go for nikos. Showed up and had fair food because nikos wasn’t there. Tomorrow I’ll be going to nikos for lunch

Didn’t matter how many people they had working today the facility just isn’t meant to host that many people.
Is Nick from Nikko's still doing the food there? I heard he might not be, and if not I was wondering if it was any good now?

DWC

Reaction score
My daughter and nephew walked up the hill and took a picture before we left. Full house
View attachment 1069555
Buddy and i drove the trucks last Black Friday. Same deal, standing room only. (Actually, we sat on pallets against the fence). He saw the number of people and turned around and got the hell out. It was too busy.
That place is killing it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Buddy and i drove the trucks last Black Friday. Same deal, standing room only. (Actually, we sat on pallets against the fence). He saw the number of people and turned around and got the hell out. It was too busy.
That place is killing it.
Yep. Missed this weekend for sure. They do well most weekends

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I was walking my dog this morning down Bison from Colt and I'd estimate 50-60 SxS's drove past me by time I reached Kiowa. Several other groups went down the other secret Paso road as well. It was at that moment I was glad I couldn't go out.😊

I’ve literally never seen so many parades of SXS heading to the dirt as I did today.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
But the food is worth the wait. I don’t recall who caters or whatever, but went three times last year and the food was unbelievable, however we never eat out, but I’d go back just for the food.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Dont cry about it 😁

When have you seen me cry about there being “too many people” on a crowded holiday?

Was a little bummed I had to leave town. Wanted to have some more fun in the dirt with actual traction:) These came after I left.
34762F27-C559-4C22-851D-D43C641A52D7.jpeg

TLAW719

Reaction score
Oh, the quite and solitude of the desert?? LOL. Although, I recall a photo taken when the Bunker Bar opened, the FIRST time, hardly any one was there. It was pretty much vacant. And, I believe that also included ‘vacant’ of a liquor license? LOL. This photo showed the table next to the camera had a 50 CAL sit up ready to fire off that table!! Had to have been an amazing experience and a great place back then. Back in the Day!
That wasn’t the Bunker bar or the same people who own the Bunker bar.
No Nick isn’t there any more. The guy who was doing all the cooking for Nick out there, Mitch is still there doing the food.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Leave? Headed home already?
Thats my next tire

No, in Williams for the weekend.

Watch for discount tire flash sales. These were $844 shipped, $120 instant savings. A friend picked up a set as well. The goal was to have them mounted Monday or Tuesday, but they took longer to ship them.

Joe mama

Reaction score
What’s the recommendation for size on a turbo polaris

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Everyone always seems to be in a big ass hurry to get away from the daily rat race of where they come from, just to go somewhere like this? Lol.... I don't get it.

To each his own, but a day in the desert is still better than a day at home.

It is a wide open desert if you stay away from the 5 places people congregate.... same as Glamis, same as Havasu.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Us too. Going to watch the Christmas parade at 6:30 tonight with the neighbors
Supposed to be decent
What have the temps been like up there? The last few nights it's been a bit chilly down here🥶

satellitemike

Reaction score
No, in Williams for the weekend.

Watch for discount tire flash sales. These were $844 shipped, $120 instant savings. A friend picked up a set as well. The goal was to have them mounted Monday or Tuesday, but they took longer to ship them.
What size are those?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
These pictures of the bunker bar kind if remind me of "The White House" in Randsburg but before SxS's. There were hundreds of bike and quads on holiday weekends. But at least there, you were going to a bar that was over 100 years old and I you were going there from anywhere besides Cal City, you could make an actual decent ride out of it.