WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bush's Baked Beans

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Who knew?
Their beans, bacon and special sauce are all canned up and sealed, THEN they bake it all in the can.
Amazing the shit you learn on "How it's Made"....😂
Screenshot_20200515-103001_Chrome.jpg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Who knew?
Their beans, bacon and special sauce are all canned up and sealed, THEN they bake it all in the can.
View attachment 876944
Funny you brought this up.
My wife is t much of a beam person.
She’s not much into green Chile either.

Last week I cracked open a can and dumped it into a foil bread tin, along with some grilled onion, jimmy dean pork sausage and a can of green chili. 3 pieces of bacon on top and smoked it up.
She said the chilies in there made it.

There were no left overs.

the lynch mob

Reaction score
Last year we were in Tennessee and went to the museum they have at the factory. Quite an interesting history.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
My family loves them.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

Last week I cracked open a can and dumped it into a foil bread tin, along with some grilled onion, jimmy dean pork sausage and a can of green chili. 3 pieces of bacon on top and smoked it up.

I thought you were talking about Jim Beam...... 😅

old rigger

Reaction score
Who knew?
View attachment 876944
Buddy of mine holds the patent for a label that changes color when tuna is cooked properly in the can. I think a lot of canned goods are done like that.
His grandfather invented the label thing, family’s been making money on it for decades and decades.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Buddy of mine holds the patent for a label that changes color when tuna is cooked properly in the can. I think a lot of canned goods are done like that.
His grandfather invented the label thing, family’s been making money on it for decades and decades.
I guess it makes sense but I never thought about it being cooked in the retail can vs large vat batches being cooked, then canned.
They showed labels being put on the Bush bean cans after the bake time.

thedan

Reaction score
I believe Campbell’s chicken noodle soup is done the same way.

jetur

Reaction score
I thought I was going to open this and read the "secret recipe".

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Who knew?
View attachment 876944
Everything in cans gets cooked after the product is filled and can gets seamed up. Making cans is what I do. "How Its Made" came in one of our plants a few years back and filmed a segment on "how to make a tin can".

707dog

Reaction score
Everything in cans gets cooked after the product is filled and can gets seamed up. Making cans is what I do. "How Its Made" came in one of our plants a few years back and filmed a segment on "how to make a tin can".
who do you work for? i almost took a job with Ardagh metal corp as a line mechanic

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
who do you work for? i almost took a job with Ardagh metal corp as a line mechanic

Local news came in here and did a deal a couple years ago. This is my plant in Carson City. We moved it up here from Stockton about 8 years ago. Ardagh has a plant in Reno/Sparks. We are a custom plant that does lower volumes and speed.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Funny this should come up...just bought 2 large cans yesterday...

Tooned Up

Reaction score

My wife hated Chipotle and one day out of the blue she said let’s do Chipotle for dinner... 9 months later our son was born!!!

old rigger

Reaction score
I guess it makes sense but I never thought about it being cooked in the retail can vs large vat batches being cooked, then canned.
They showed labels being put on the Bush bean cans after the bake time.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear about that. The label my buddy prints is just for the cooking of the tuna, when it’s done the ink changes color. Then the can is sealed and the company label is applied.

707dog

Reaction score

Local news came in here and did a deal a couple years ago. This is my plant in Carson City. We moved it up here from Stockton about 8 years ago. Ardagh has a plant in Reno/Sparks. We are a custom plant that does lower volumes and speed.
awesome the position was at the plant in fairfield,ca... ball metals is also on the same street about a mile from my place heard that built a big place in nevada too

** OP sorry to thread jack on another topic