WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Business/Contractor Apps???

jesco

Reaction score
So what Apps are you using to help grow your business. Looking at getting all my foreman IPads and wondering what works and what doesn't... A GC we do a lot of work for is starting to use PlanGrid, seems pretty cool and very useful. I have seen a few Safety meeting apps, time card apps, and other business apps that look pretty cool.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We use Desco. Has all of our pricing. Time cards. Dispatching Etc in one app.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Our Supers are being issued iPads with Plan Grid, I'll ask what other apps they are running.

white tortilla

Reaction score
We use Bluebeam Vu for the ipads to negotiate and mark up plans and IAuditor for our safety inspections.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Just remembered we have our SDS formerly MSDS on them from a database. A few agencies don't accept it and foreman have to carry printed matter still.
I use blu beam and On Screen Takeoff. Also use Google Earth Pro.

Hammer

Reaction score
We use Street Smart/xora for time cards. It also has gps location integrated in. Works well, you are able to put notes when clocking in if needed

Sbarry

Reaction score
Just remembered we have our SDS formerly MSDS on them from a database. A few agencies don't accept it and foreman have to carry printed matter still.
I use blu beam and On Screen Takeoff. Also use Google Earth Pro.

Blu Beam for the supers. We use DocuPro in house for all pre-bid correspondences. Slowly moving into box.com for document distribution post-award of contract. And then AccuBuild for the financials portion

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Blu Beam for the supers. We use DocuPro in house for all pre-bid correspondences. Slowly moving into box.com for document distribution post-award of contract.

Forgot about Box, we also use it for large document distribution. [emoji106]

For time cards and safety recording our Foremen use Heavy Job and in estimating we use Heavy Bid.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Guess I should start learning these things. Wife wants me to get my own things going. Strictly drywall and framing to start though

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Guess I should start learning these things. Wife wants me to get my own things going. Strictly drywall and framing to start though

V, I think you would be the perfect candidate to own your own biz bc you're a hustler. Need to get your license first.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
V, I think you would be the perfect candidate to own your own biz bc you're a hustler. Need to get your license first.

I'm on nights right now so today I'm going to call some schools and see if I can get the ball rolling. Ideally I'd like to have my wife quit her job and work for me from home one day but I know it's going to be a lot of hard work to make it possible

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm on nights right now so today I'm going to call some schools and see if I can get the ball rolling. Ideally I'd like to have my wife quit her job and work for me from home one day but I know it's going to be a lot of hard work to make it possible

Get your license and lean on your connections. Become there Huckleberry(go to guy). I still believe there's opportunity for people that want it. Only problem is becoming obsessed with it, but the rewards are usually early retirement.

Hammer

Reaction score
Can we get a "contractors list" going in this thread? Location and trade as well as if you are a Residential or Commercial contractor .

shawngr

Reaction score
This is off topic but what are some of the commercial guys doing for marketing? I'm all word of mouth and relationships right now. Is there anything else I can do to get my name out there?

wishiknew

Reaction score

The question is union or non union ?