WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Business telephone (VOIP)

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Who do you guys use for your office telephones? I'm moving offices and going the VOIP route and there are a few out there. Ringcentral, 8x8, Spectrum etc... Wanted to see if anyone has had good or bad experience with the providers out there.

Reactions: D19

gqchris

Reaction score
I can help you guys with all of that if interested. Its what I do. (IT) Remember also your local network has to be up to the task also, which nowadays is usually very easy.

I have a great partner that shops all providers for me. Im Pm'ing you both.

Chris

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Forensic (my old partner in RDP) does this for a living. I'll have him come on here and give you guys a contact #.

RD

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Buy 5 year service from magic jack , port your land line number to them about $100 for 5 years , establish a Majic jack "dashboard" on line then toss all the MJ stuff in the closet and then set the MJ land line numbers to call forward to a cell .... dumped 7 land lines last year ... my fax is ring central as for printers and fax machines and INK just need a single fax line they assign at the office we scan with scan snap and fax electronically $75 bucks a year

milkmoney

Reaction score
I remember , in the shop , you call the house number , when it rand you hung up until they answered in the house , you pick up the shop phone and talk to person in house.

This is when they had cords attached .....to the end of phone [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Guys, think in terms of Users now when planning VOIP phones, not lines.

You pay per "seat" and "efax" is included for each user. So you end up cutting off MahBell 100%.

Plain copper lines are just getting plain ridiculous in price now. Even if you have an alarm, I suggest you upgrade that to cellular with your Alarm Co, its more secure anyways.

Halvecto

Reaction score
MiTel

Good phones. Easy system. Helpful mobile app.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We just switched to 8x8 for the new corp office. It’s been pretty reliable thus far.

JD D05

Reaction score
Not sure on brand but my phone is web based. I dial numbers on my computer screen...very efficent.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We have switched over to SKYPE exclusively, works well. Kind of a bitch to dial out with the setup we have, although there are USB keypads and stuff available for that traditional land line experience

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Thanks @gqchris. Chris set me up with his friend and he is already getting me setup. That was great service. I recommend anyone that needs this service to send a PM to gqchris.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thanks @gqchris. Chris set me up with his friend and he is already getting me setup. That was great service. I recommend anyone that needs this service to send a PM to gqchris.

Thanks Shintoo. Glad we got you handled. Although I must admit, you are one of the easiset cases!

Don't forget to order your Polycom phones also. I have plenty of AC adapters I can shoot your way if you don't have a POE switch in your network already.

Chris

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Is this gonna help reduce the number of double bookings for you?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

J 2

Reaction score
Been in the business phone system business 30+ years. The best VoIP company on the planet right now is LogMeIn Jive Communications. Can't touch the price or quality of service anywhere else. Sign with a Authorized Partner for the best service, you'll get someone like me to take care of everything you need when you need it. No offshore support when you do it this way. I've been about reliable headache free phone systems for a long time, Panasonic dealer 25 years for this reason, they suggested to their partners nationwide to check out Jive Communications 6-7 years ago. Best business move ever for me to sign with Jive, LogMeIn bought us a year ago and WOW! 1 price gets you everything they offer, no piece pricing like a lot of these carriers do. I used to represent a few of them.

I'll give anyone here all the free advice they want, I know this shit better than anything else.

SixD9R

Reaction score
My company uses Skype for business. We have had it for about 2 years now and it seems to work well, we don’t have any hand held phones, everything goes through our PC’s with a headset. Sometimes I think it would be easier to pickup a handset but the versatility of Skype is really good. If you are talking to someone, with one click you can share your screen or they can as well. Also if you are working from home you still have your office number as if you are in the office and meetings with people in n multiple locations are a snap. There are about 2,500 users in my office.

40woodie

Reaction score
Guys, think in terms of Users now when planning VOIP phones, not lines.

You pay per "seat" and "efax" is included for each user. So you end up cutting off MahBell 100%.

Plain copper lines are just getting plain ridiculous in price now. Even if you have an alarm, I suggest you upgrade that to cellular with your Alarm Co, its more secure anyways.
Thanks Shintoo. Glad we got you handled. Although I must admit, you are one of the easiset cases!

Don't forget to order your Polycom phones also. I have plenty of AC adapters I can shoot your way if you don't have a POE switch in your network already.

Chris
Hi Chris, I'm interested in setting up a new phone system for my business and am considering VOIP, can you contact me to talk about details? my number is 310-322-3487 Thanks, Jim

gqchris

Reaction score
Hi Chris, I'm interested in setting up a new phone system for my business and am considering VOIP, can you contact me to talk about details? my number is 310-322-3487 Thanks, Jim
Sure Jim, shooting you a call now.

Chris

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I can help you guys. My business specializes in VoIP and Cloud Migrations.

Give me a call 720 201-4605 Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
We just switched to 8x8 for the new corp office. It’s been pretty reliable thus far.

8x8 is solid. I have several 1k+ seat clients on 8x8 and they’ve been very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
Who do you guys use for your office telephones? I'm moving offices and going the VOIP route and there are a few out there. Ringcentral, 8x8, Spectrum etc... Wanted to see if anyone has had good or bad experience with the providers out there.

Forensic (my old partner in RDP) does this for a living. I'll have him come on here and give you guys a contact #.

RD

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

I have been building my VoIP business for about 5 years now.
If you have any questions or want to know specifics about how things work let me know.
www.c2cvoip.com