WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Business travel

milkmoney

Reaction score
Will be in st George/Washington area a week from today for a week. Parents are looking at relocating up there and our fam is joining them looking around. Can’t wait.
Hey , me too. Lol. Well a week from tomorrow [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Hey , me too. Lol. Well a week from tomorrow [emoji202]

What’s bringing you out that way? It’s been many years since I’ve been wish it was us relocating.

milkmoney

Reaction score
What’s bringing you out that way? It’s been many years since I’ve been wish it was us relocating.
Visit some friends and look around.
Not relocating to st George right now but it's on the list to consider.

sirbob

Reaction score
NC bound this morning. Hope I survive the humidity. Yeek!

Started the week in the cool clear mountains of Park City Utah Sunday - until today - just landed in NC myself.

So much for the cool clear mountains! Instead it's hot, muggy and fire flys until Saturday night -

IMG_5022.JPG
IMG_5023.JPG

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Started the week in the cool clear mountains of Park City Utah Sunday - until today - just landed in NC myself.

So much for the cool clear mountains! Instead it's hot, muggy and fire flys until Saturday night -

Ha ha ha, funny. I’ll be in st George/Washington UT on Monday for a week. Not all work though and not as cool as park city.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Anyone else traveling Sunday for work?
Currently sitting in delta club waiting for my flight to Dallas.

Bourbon and ice to ease the flight.

D7B94EE5-6254-48F1-929D-D75C9E05530C.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Anyone else traveling Sunday for work?
Currently sitting in delta club waiting for my flight to Dallas.

Bourbon and ice to ease the flight.

View attachment 697048
Leaving on Sunday is the worst. I start getting angry on the Thursday before. This week my boss is leaving today to come out West for the week. Yayyyyy?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Leaving on Sunday is the worst. I start getting angry on the Thursday before. This week my boss is leaving today to come out West for the week. Yayyyyy?

The only thing good is that there is no traffic going to Lax from the IE. Would have left Monday but needed to be back for the kids Halloween.

I’m visiting my crew in TX. Hope they are not to angry. Lol. Also meeting engineers that I haven’t meet before but have delt with for a few years.

Reactions: DWC

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Just back from a road trip to beautiful grass valley ca in the Sierra foothills - gold country, also little known "television country" as in eth technology for TV and cinema was gestated there along with much other tech like Microwave technology and video games.

Meeting set for first thing Monday morning suck and are non productive-

As a boss I never do this.

I let my people have their weekends. Public companies love making you travel to make an 8AM Monday all the way across the country.

We make up for a traveling Monday by hitting it early Tuesdayesday with breakfast and lunch together and an opt in fast good dinner.

UD

IMG_7156.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Meeting set for first thing Monday morning suck and are non productive-

As a boss I never do this.

I let my people have their weekends. Public companies love making you travel to make an 8AM Monday all the way across the country.

We make up for a traveling Monday by hitting it early Tuesdayesday with breakfast and lunch together and an opt in fast good dinner.

Our first meeting is with our West coast boss at 6:30am in the office. It requires a couple hours of prep on Sunday to get ready. I do it myself to give the team the weekend off. The rest of the day is a 7:00am broadcast/call, 8:30am update with my team, 9:45’with the Western team, 11am forecast meeting and 12:15 “update” with my peers and East coast boss.
MONDAY’s suck.

(I’ve had to fly 4 hours multiple times to attend a one hour meeting and turned around and flew back. Last year flew back for a 30 min Mid-year review. Sweet)

View attachment 697062 [/QUOTE]

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
what do you do ?

YOU mention an EAST and WEST Coast boss -

If you are a sales guy - I dont like the setup already.

If you are a finance/ Demo/ Tech guy makes more sense.

UD

Singleton

Reaction score
My Monday-Wednesday San Jose travel just got cancelled.
Still have a Thursday-Friday in Vegas.

In software solution engineering. Company’s year end is May 31. Only had 2 flights between June 1 to Sept 30. Since Oct I have averaged 4 nights a week in a hotel (usually 2 or 3 different hotels) and 4 flights a week. Nov 16th, I go on PTO until the Monday the 26th, then back on road until Dec 23rd.

Looking forward to my summer again

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My Monday-Wednesday San Jose travel just got cancelled.
Still have a Thursday-Friday in Vegas.

In software solution engineering. Company’s year end is May 31. Only had 2 flights between June 1 to Sept 30. Since Oct I have averaged 4 nights a week in a hotel (usually 2 or 3 different hotels) and 4 flights a week. Nov 16th, I go on PTO until the Monday the 26th, then back on road until Dec 23rd.

Looking forward to my summer again

Damn, your fly a lot. What airline do you travel on?

I’m hoping i make silver on delta, lol. Will see. From 2-3 flights for work last year to flying more now, its a learning curve. Getting packing down to only what’s needed is what’s taking some time. Cause I never check bags.
Good thing I don’t need suits for my visits.

Singleton

Reaction score
Damn, your fly a lot. What airline do you travel on?

I’m hoping i make silver on delta, lol. Will see. From 2-3 flights for work last year to flying more now, its a learning curve. Getting packing down to only what’s needed is what’s taking some time. Cause I never check bags.
Good thing I don’t need suits for my visits.

I fly Southwest and Delta. Anything over 3 hours flytime (east of Dallas) = Delta.
Use Southwest since most of my travel is in the Southwest (Dallas west).
I will end the year, A-List on Southwest, Silver on Delta and Platium with Marriott.
Shocked I will have that status, since on Sept 1, I had a total of 10 Southwest flights, 4 Delta flights (Jackson vacation with wife) and 12 nights with Marriott. Been flying and sleeping all over since Sept.

Meaney77

Reaction score
At our facility in Puerto Rico for 2 weeks. Being away from my wife and kids is rough. The driving around here is an absolute nightmare, but the views from my room help along with the 10oz CL's.... So strange
09822F47-A147-4DBF-8C3F-04DEAE90B9C2.jpeg
266158C6-1D55-4C00-9EDD-DAF0E545EA0D.jpeg
BCD4E050-1CC0-4A14-AFE8-C530F1E47421.jpeg
274306D0-7731-437B-992B-84FDE1775089.jpeg

Attachments

• CAC142F4-1E2D-47CB-80D9-4C9D7AEA18A3.jpeg
    CAC142F4-1E2D-47CB-80D9-4C9D7AEA18A3.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 8D7E8C82-7261-40F3-A39A-0C1E5A348BBB.jpeg
    8D7E8C82-7261-40F3-A39A-0C1E5A348BBB.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Heading up to No Cal for work.

Some lucky bastards playing Pelican Hill GC and others doing some boating in big blue.
BA0439B7-4623-41AF-AE83-A07E636C7BF8.jpeg

The smoke has been pretty bad most of the trip up. Air quality in Sac isn’t great but not too bad. Heading to Oroville/Chico in the morning.
5DAFA2E1-002D-4192-AB55-7D3D8DB8B289.jpeg

Attachments

• 474E9EEE-7B52-475C-A587-E9ABBB5A337E.jpeg
    474E9EEE-7B52-475C-A587-E9ABBB5A337E.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 81

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m flying to Sac tomorrow early afternoon for a 2pm meeting. Then driving to Santa Rosa for Tuesday meeting then flying back Tuesday evening.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I fly Southwest and Delta. Anything over 3 hours flytime (east of Dallas) = Delta.
Use Southwest since most of my travel is in the Southwest (Dallas west).
I will end the year, A-List on Southwest, Silver on Delta and Platium with Marriott.
Shocked I will have that status, since on Sept 1, I had a total of 10 Southwest flights, 4 Delta flights (Jackson vacation with wife) and 12 nights with Marriott. Been flying and sleeping all over since Sept.

Delta Sky Club in Detroit and Seattle are nice, just went through them last week. If you're an Amex Platinum or higher cardholder they have a Centurions Lounge now right around the corner from the Delta Sky Club in Seattle. I travel now way more than I want to. Status does make a difference.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Delta Sky Club in Detroit and Seattle are nice, just went through them last week. If you're an Amex Platinum or higher cardholder they have a Centurions Lounge now right around the corner from the Delta Sky Club in Seattle. I travel now way more than I want to. Status does make a difference.

Also if your flying delta you can get in to the delta lounge with your Amex platinum card. Also with your platinum card you can register with priority pass free and have many lounges to choose from.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Also if your flying delta you can get in to the delta lounge with your Amex platinum card. Also with your platinum card you can register with priority pass free and have many lounges to choose from.

All true. If I remember right the Amex lounge in Miami is in the American terminal.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Just to chime in, monday morning meetings are worthless. I am a regional manager but when the big boss wants me in our east coast office we fly Monday, have drinks monday night and start meetings Tuesday

A few business travel pics. Raiders stadium visiting customers via Jet Suite C
20191220_145031.jpg
20191219_151410.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
Haha - on the Monday am meeting that requires burning a Sunday to get there...

I always tell the boss that wants to have a bunch of people travel Sunday - you have a choice, you can have your people travel Monday (possibly still handle some bus that day or see a customer early before the fly) and give them Sunday off.... or you can have them travel Sunday - think your a jerk - and then get home Thursday and take off Friday...

My thought is that people will get that day back - I’d rather that they took a day off (Sunday) when the customers are off - then take a day off during the week when the customer is working.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Haha - on the Monday am meeting that require burning a Sunday to get there...

I always tell the boss that wants to have a bunch of people travel Sunday - you have a choice, you can have your people travel Monday (possibly still handle some bus that day or see a customer early before the fly) and give them Sunday off.... or you can have them travel Sunday - think your a jerk - and then get home Thursday and take off Friday...

My thought is that people will get that day back - I’d rather that they took a day off (Sunday) when the customers are off - then take a day off during the week when the customer is working.
Thought it was only with our team. :) I expect my team to take the day back. There’s absolutely nothing worse than flying East on Sunday for a Monday meeting. We finally started using teleconference instead of in the last couple years. That’s helped out a little but it’s impossible to get the whole organization on it.
My 2 standout trips were a 30 minute MIDYEAR review a couple years ago. Landed, drove to the office, spent 30 mins talking about nothing and flew home. Next trip was a final FIT interview at 5pm on Friday. Spent all day waiting, 15 mins getting the promotion blessed and flew hone. SOB

sirbob

Reaction score
Thought it was only with our team. :) I expect my team to take the day back. There’s absolutely nothing worse than flying East on Sunday for a Monday meeting. We finally started using teleconference instead of in the last couple years. That’s helped out a little but it’s impossible to get the whole organization on it.
My 2 standout trips were a 30 minute MIDYEAR review a couple years ago. Landed, drove to the office, spent 30 mins talking about nothing and flew home. Next trip was a final FIT interview at 5pm on Friday. Spent all day waiting, 15 mins getting the promotion blessed and flew hone. SOB

Those short turn arounds remind me of a trip I did from LAX to London.

I flew there for a pre Christmas dinner with a very good client to close for a contract renewal. I got back on the next flight in the same seat I flew there in and the same flight crew coming home!

I did get the contract renewed for another year sometime around desert :):):)

sirbob

Reaction score
I can’t tell you how good it is to be on a business trip again !

Fort Worth today - on to Miami in the morning...

C8FEFEA9-8A8F-4453-B777-C53340C6E2B9.jpeg

beertruck

Reaction score
been traveling at least once a month since it started, going to miss the empty airports, having my own row on the plane, and my own floor at the hotel. Getting a little busier now, but still much better than this time last year.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I was in Phoenix the last 2 days. Not the nice part either. Was with a customer in his office hammering out a sale. Go outside and see this
20210112_164759.jpg
20210112_164802.jpg

A patron in the truck shop yesterday was pissed for a service issue and started threatening the employees and was waving a gun around. Cops show up and he waves it at them, they open fire and goes down in the street. Crazy.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Sitting in Chicago - 30 degrees and raining.

Plane was supposed to leave at 6pm local.

Flight delayed to 7:30.

Flight delayed to 8:10.

Flight delayed to 8:40...

Just boarded - everybody on heading to John Wayne.

Maintenance...

Flight can’t leave - need new plan.

Will miss curfew at SNA - will need to go to Ontario.

Won’t let us off this plane until they find a new one...

It’s going to be a long night.

Singleton

Reaction score

Maintenance...

AA doing all it can to make travel fun again
sorry you are dealing with this, huge reason I avoid Chicago when traveling. Easier to do Milwaukee if I need to be in Chicago

sirbob

Reaction score
AA doing all it can to make travel fun again
sorry you are dealing with this, huge reason I avoid Chicago when traveling. Easier to do Milwaukee if I need to be in Chicago

Totally agree - I’ve been in chi for three days. Meetings here.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Maintenance...

It’s a mix of AA (if that is the airline, they sux) and DWT. Hate that airport and nothing ever happens on time.

sirbob

Reaction score
Ok - new plane

Heading to Ontario as of now. Land around midnight.

They will have buses but no way I’m waiting for that. I hope I can get an uber without 100 people thinking the same as soon as we land and I get the 5X charge to get to SNA to get the car!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Ok - new plane

Heading to Ontario as of now. Land around midnight.

They will have buses but no way I’m waiting for that. I hope I can get an uber without 100 people thinking the same as soon as we land and I get the 5X charge to get to SNA to get the car!!!

have done that BS a few times from either Ontario or LAX. i usually would rent a car one way for a day and use that to get my car from the airport the next day

Orange Juice

Reaction score
have done that BS a few times from either Ontario or LAX. i usually would rent a car one way for a day and use that to get my car from the airport the next day
There are not many alternatives, if you miss a connecting flight.

I’ve had trouble booking cars.

sirbob

Reaction score
Well made it to Ontario.

They have buses - I want to get home without another cattle call.

I check Uber on final approach- $65 .... I don’t confirm because I’m not sure how long they are going to keep us on the plane etc.

Agent comes on speaker says buses are here - they will leave when everybody gets bags from baggage claim.

I check Uber $135 - I don’t confirm because I gotta piss!

I come out of bathroom and head to the curb while checking Uber - $258 - FUCK Uber

I had to wait 15 min for a cab - in cab now heading to SNA - buses were still on the curb when I left.

😤

sirbob

Reaction score
As a guy who passed 4,000,000 miles on American Airlines last month I’ve been out of practice with my travel. It was long day today.

It’s great to be home right now!

95DC4D2A-7EBB-4569-AA6B-82E86081C66A.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Welcome home!!! What a crazy day. The worst thing for me traveling all these years is the plane turning back to the mainland or Hawaii after being in the air fro 2 hours. At least they didn’t try to land us in the middle of the Pacific…..

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Headed to Oahu for 3 days of meetings on Waikiki and 6 days of leisure. Hawaii finally dropped all their Covid BS so it’s Aloha

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Headed to Oahu for 3 days of meetings on Waikiki and 6 days of leisure. Hawaii finally dropped all their Covid BS so it’s Aloha

We shall see. We were there when it was lifted. Still had a large # of masked up people. About 75% still with masks. I am good with that. But not sure if some stores/resturants will require inside. Then you have the flights. 5+ hours of the mask up BS. Going back in 2 weeks so I will see how it is going as well.

Singleton

Reaction score
We shall see. We were there when it was lifted. Still had a large # of masked up people. About 75% still with masks. I am good with that. But not sure if some stores/resturants will require inside. Then you have the flights. 5+ hours of the mask up BS. Going back in 2 weeks so I will see how it is going as well.

FAA mask BS is scheduled to end April 18. I have delayed all my business trips until after that date.