but the weathers great!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
not Ca
20230322_135444.jpg

mbrown2

Reaction score
Been saying that for years....been going to DFW area since the late 90's as I have teams there and saw it turning into Cali then... folks I knew kept moving out and out kind of like the IE...nice areas like Allen and McKinney.... then spend an hour in traffic for 20 mile drive to Addison... I am thinking... Ok..how is this better than LA traffic...

ChrisV

Reaction score
Was there on Monday and traffic was killer.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Fear not..... basically every US metropolitan area looks like that. LA just has the long reputation as one of the first & worst but folks that travel on biz know all the big cities lock up just like LA and have for years.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
A question needed an answer.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fear not..... basically every US metropolitan area looks like that. LA just has the long reputation as one of the first & worst but folks that travel on biz know all the big cities lock up just like LA and have for years.

Ive lived in SoCal my entire life...

I can count the times I've had to be in DTLA on one hand.

It's funny how people seem to think all of SoCal is DTLA! Maybe they just don't get out much?

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

It's funny how people seem to think all of SoCal is DTLA! Maybe they just don't get out much?

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Yep.... and always cracks me up how San Diegans think I live in LA when I live in Newport. Truth is even San Diego is a disaster and has been for years ... I have to bail and head el norte for home by 2:30 just like I used to have to in 90s when leaving LA to beat traffic down to OC. Us in the know understand that from above LA down to San Diego is just one big fuckery if you need to drive anywhere. But I still call LA "Crotch City"

ChrisV

Reaction score

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Facts!!!! Only time I go to LA is passing thru going to Bakersfield. Never needed a reason to go there.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I've heard DFW traffic is bad during rush hour, but I have literally been in one 10 min traffic jam when traveling to the AA center on a Friday evening. I head to downtown almost every weekend, and it's always been a straight shot.

Far better than so cal in general and light years better than LA.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I spent my last six years in Cali commuting from Alta Loma to the 10 and Central. From there, to sites from Hollywood to San Pedro.
Good stereos and windshield therapy.
Honestly, didn't think it was bad...until I moved away.

Even the homeless stuff, never made much impact on me. It was "there", not close to where I grew up or lived. A year or two back, read a homeless guy stabbed and killed a person in San Dimas...the cancer crept further. Seeing pics of "motorhomeless" in areas I couldn't afford to live in, or the beach areas having so many issues, it makes me sad.

I could deal with the traffic, if it were still the same place I grew up.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I spent my last six years in Cali commuting from Alta Loma to the 10 and Central. From there, to sites from Hollywood to San Pedro.
Good stereos and windshield therapy.
Honestly, didn't think it was bad...until I moved away.

Even the homeless stuff, never made much impact on me. It was "there", not close to where I grew up or lived. A year or two back, read a homeless guy stabbed and killed a person in San Dimas...the cancer crept further. Seeing pics of "motorhomeless" in areas I couldn't afford to live in, or the beach areas having so many issues, it makes me sad.

I could deal with the traffic, if it were still the same place I grew up.

Yeah, that place we grew up in is long gone. πŸ˜”

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yeah, that place we grew up in is long gone. πŸ˜”
I've always said I grew up in the wrong time. It seems to be the era, not the locations. I knew an old cowboy from Lodi, he grew up in Compton in the 40's. I've known guys that grew up in the orchards in LaVerne, and the farmlands in Modesto and Fresno.
Hell, San Francisco in the 40's and 50's was great from what I've heard.
Time marches on, but sometimes it tramples the past.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep.... and always cracks me up how San Diegans think I live in LA when I live in Newport. Truth is even San Diego is a disaster and has been for years ... I have to bail and head el norte for home by 2:30 just like I used to have to in 90s when leaving LA to beat traffic down to OC. Us in the know understand that from above LA down to San Diego is just one big fuckery if you need to drive anywhere. But I still call LA "Crotch City"
Timing of vehicular travel is everything in Sandy Eggo. I'll take it everytime vs having to go anywhere near LA.
Had to go to LAX last week, mid-day, mid-week. Complete shitshow from John Wayne in & back. It did allow me to see @Riverbound 's NextGen billboards by the 710 and in Carson😊😊

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Timing of vehicular travel is everything in Sandy Eggo. I'll take it everytime vs having to go anywhere near LA.
Had to go to LAX last week, mid-day, mid-week. Complete shitshow from John Wayne in & back. It did allow me to see @Riverbound 's NextGen billboards by the 710 and in Carson😊😊
Wait till we are down in your area. This year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of flying into San Diego for one week a month for 18 months. This was in about 1996, and was for some specific job related training/networking.
The classroom was at a very nice Best Western on the edge of Old Town, which is also where we all stayed.
Many of us walked to Old Town almost every evening for dinner, or went down to the Gaslight.
We even took the train deal out to the stadium to see a baseball game one afternoon....we all flew in a day early and had a great time at the game.
At that point in time if I had to live in a urban area San Diego would have been it. It is a damn shame to see what has happened to that area.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of flying into San Diego for one week a month for 18 months. This was in about 1996, and was for some specific job related training/networking.
The classroom was at a very nice Best Western on the edge of Old Town, which is also where we all stayed.
Many of us walked to Old Town almost every evening for dinner, or went down to the Gaslight.
We even took the train deal out to the stadium to see a baseball game one afternoon....we all flew in a day early and had a great time at the game.
At that point in time if I had to live in a urban area San Diego would have been it. It is a damn shame to see what has happened to that area.
So true.... first thing they did was develop North County with BioTech and housing followed at the 5/ 805 so thats gridlocked. Now I've got a gal in a fancy tower downtown who can't jog any longer due to all the homeless downtown. She basically jumps from elevator to Uber any time she heads out now. What a shame.

riverroyal

Reaction score
At least your in a F150. I think I recognize that dash color.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
At least your in a F150. I think I recognize that dash color.
Platinum F350 yesterday 😁, I was fixing an excavator at the quarry for my landlord. They sometimes give me nice stuff to drive if Im doing them a favor.
Howdooyafigger?

It's Austin. That's California

Well in CA there wouldnt be a holster attached to the underside of my dashboard, so theres that. and technically this was Round Rock