WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Buy now or wait for Vid deals

ATKpilot

Reaction score
What's the latest consensus, buy a new Toy Hauler now or wait for the Covid deals that will inevitably come? So many people bought during Covid inventory is non existent and I'll have to wait 3 months which isn't too bad. The other thought is I wait for the deals that might happen in two years when people realize they are into camping etc. and I miss out on two years of fun....Any input appreciated . Also, used is out of the question becasue people are asking half or more of what a new one cost for a clapped out early two thousand models

Done-it-again

Reaction score
If you want one buy one, if you can wait 2-3 years for a deal then wait. But think about the fun you will be missing out on for those years

If you can order one and only take 3 months , that would be amazing... My build was 7 months last year....

ATKpilot

Reaction score
If you want one buy one, if you can wait 2-3 years for a deal then wait. But think about the fun you will be missing out on for those years

If you can order one and only take 3 months , that would be amazing... My build was 7 months last year....

This is where i'm at right now...luckily the wife is totally on board. I am a little skeptical of the 3 months but we'll see

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There is a toy hauler in the classifieds that you can have tomorrow.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’ve got one in the classified adds, it comes with a free golf cart. I’ve got it up for 25k, but I’d let it go for 22k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
If i was sitting on the cash I’d wait 6-12 months.

lenmann

Reaction score
Classic "Time value of Fun" analysis required here.

What's more important to you:

- two years of fun and potentially priceless memories with people you care about now?
- or saving 10-20% on a rapidly depreciation asset two years from now?

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Classic "Time value of Fun" analysis required here.

What's more important to you:

- two years of fun and potentially priceless memories with people you care about now?
- or saving 10-20% on a rapidly depreciation asset two years from now?

This: - two years of fun and potentially priceless memories with people you care about now? 👍

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
So I lucked out and got a clean 10 year old csrson titan back in December. I thought I paid too much and at top of the market. But those are the feelings from anyone making a purchase like that.

Happy with what I got. Been fun. And I get to brag about my f150 towing it. 😉

Oh yeah and I got a predator 3500 genny with the extended warranty.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
So I lucked out and got a clean 10 year old csrson titan back in December. I thought I paid too much and at top of the market. But those are the feelings from anyone making a purchase like that.

Happy with what I got. Been fun. And I get to brag about my f150 towing it. 😉

Oh yeah and I got a predator 3500 genny with the extended warranty.

Carson is an awesome trailer for sure, the build quality is pretty high. They are almost impossible to find used too. Funny, my son has an F150 and it is a really nice truck I just like giving him shit becasue we were always Chevy.

Hows that Predator working out, that is the one I have my eye on.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Looking at a specific trailer? The likely hood of that trailer selling used in a year is slim and what kind of condition would it be in. .

i come to realize that most people don’t take care of their shit.

This is what pushed me toward buying new

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Carson is an awesome trailer for sure, the build quality is pretty high. They are almost impossible to find used too. Funny, my son has an F150 and it is a really nice truck I just like giving him shit becasue we were always Chevy.

Hows that Predator working out, that is the one I have my eye on.
Sorry to hear you're a chevy guy but about the predator, I'm on my second one. First one broke at king of the hammers second day after purchase. Exchanged it and purchased the warranty this time. So far about 60 hours and running well.

Change the oil after running the initial 10 mins. Lots of metal flakes.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Do you have a link, I either can't find it or I'm super lazy...your pick

ATKpilot

Reaction score

Damn that's badass but HUGE...it would never fit where we go in the Sierras LOL... Good luck with the sell that is really nice.

X Hoser

Reaction score
What's the latest consensus, buy a new Toy Hauler now or wait for the Covid deals that will inevitably come? So many people bought during Covid inventory is non existent and I'll have to wait 3 months which isn't too bad. The other thought is I wait for the deals that might happen in two years when people realize they are into camping etc. and I miss out on two years of fun....Any input appreciated . Also, used is out of the question becasue people are asking half or more of what a new one cost for a clapped out early two thousand models
I would buy used now. If you look around you’ll find a “deal”. Test it out and see if it is really something you’ll use a lot. If you wait to buy new just know the depreciation as it rolls out of the Lot is real! And, you’ll have to navigate through all of the warranty work that will be needed as they are throwing these things together with NO quality control! One that is a little less expensive and has been sorted through might make it a little easier to look at sitting in storage. Welldiggers at $22K is worth looking at!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Trailer are priced sky high. In a year, I bet there will be some good deals to be had.
I was lucky, I bought my 5th wheel a year ago in May. 90k sticker for 53k.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I'd wait.... it ain't gonna take 2-3 years for things to come back to reality.

I just sold my motorhome last week. I'm browsing, but taking my time.... would rather rent for a year than pay 20-30% more due to "covid"

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I'd wait.... it ain't gonna take 2-3 years for things to come back to reality.

I just sold my motorhome last week. I'm browsing, but taking my time.... would rather rent for a year than pay 20-30% more due to "covid"

This is exactly what we decided to do too. I have already seen a couple of pretty decent deals so it's looking good for finding exactly what I want at a more realistic price.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I would buy used now. If you look around you’ll find a “deal”. Test it out and see if it is really something you’ll use a lot. If you wait to buy new just know the depreciation as it rolls out of the Lot is real! And, you’ll have to navigate through all of the warranty work that will be needed as they are throwing these things together with NO quality control! One that is a little less expensive and has been sorted through might make it a little easier to look at sitting in storage. Welldiggers at $22K is worth looking at!

Thanks for the shout out Rick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I found an add in Texas for a really good deal. Not sure how I feel about buying that far away without looking at it first.
If I showup to bring it home and there are issues it will be a pain in the ass getting it fixed without waiting months.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on a really nice Pacific Coachworks Sand Sport Toy Hauler...couldn't pass it up. There are a lot of toy hauler and RV peeps on here and I'm sure I'll have questions

Singleton

Reaction score
I found an add in Texas for a really good deal. Not sure how I feel about buying that far away without looking at it first.
If I showup to bring it home and there are issues it will be a pain in the ass getting it fixed without waiting months.

plenty of TX RDP folks that might be able to inspect it for you

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don’t feel your going to see prices come down unless the economy goes into a total free fall. Most people are holding onto their stuff waiting for the next rounds of quarantine, lol. I wouldn’t put off camping for the next 3-5 years just to save a couple of G’s. Life is short my friend!

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Keep kicking around the idea of selling the motorhome and taking my chances waiting a little bit to upgrade

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Waiting in quotes from Jeff at DesertRv and Jim at epic RV.

Found a good deal on a 2020 Stryker 2613. But are kind of second guessing that floor plan because it doesn’t have a couch.
3 kids and only 2 beds will only last so long lol.