WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BVI charter question

EBT531

Reaction score
All of these BVI trips got me researching it and I'm about 80% we are going to rent a power cat for 7 days via Marinemax. One items i don't see in anyones posts, did you get the damage insurance at like $90 a day or did you do the Credit card hold for damage? I have State Farm on my boat, does that cover anything if I'm operating another persons boat? (they are closed right now, but obviously I'll call my agent to verify) What about Credit card coverage like a rental car? Any of these actually apply? Thanks!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Most likely they will be happyto write you several short term policies for...X..Y..Z
Ask for an imbrella policy to cover Everything from sink the boat to trip delay fees and airfare changes.....

2Driver

Reaction score
I took their insurance at Marine max. Too many things to go wrong on a high dollar powercat.
Collision
Mooring ball gives way at night
Auto pilot puts you on a rock.
Other rental boat hits you trying to get on a mooring ball next to you.

We watched a charter sail boat under prop power lose it and ended up on the beach at Cooper island. We used our dingy to get him off the beach. I’m sure the keel was trashed

BTW one of the best vacations ever

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've always opted for the insurance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
If I remember correctly we did the insurance through marine max.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I got the insurance including the convince and connection package that covers the dingy and lost/broken items like glassware and boat fenders.

EBT531

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like their insurance is the way to go.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I checked into my insurance with my agent and because BVI is a foriegn country my insurance wouldn't cover it but they could schedule the boat and write a policy for our trip. Turns out MarineMax Vacations insurance was a better deal.👍😁

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
We're going in a month but we chartered a boat with a captain and a chef.......should be a blast. It is the Firefly....I'll let you know how it goes!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
We're going in a month but we chartered a boat with a captain and a chef.......should be a blast. It is the Firefly....I'll let you know how it goes!
You will have a few new addictions once you get there.
👍😁
Boat chartering, Pain Killers and Bush Wackers.👍😀

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL about day 3 you'll be thinking, “ Lets sell everything, I think we could live full time on this”. About day 5 that changes to thoughts of partial ownership and renting it out. Happens to almost everyone. Just a heads up :D

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
LOL about day 3 you'll be thinking, “ Lets sell everything, I think we could live full time on this”. About day 5 that changes to thoughts of partial ownership and renting it out. Happens to almost everyone. Just a heads up :D
I'm still on Day 3!!!:cool: