WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bye Bye Lincoln Aviator

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
2 months ago we bought a 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label for my wife to replace her 2014 Navigator. The Navigator was a great car, very comfortable and no problems.
The Aviator has been the opposite! We have had it for 2 months and it has been in the shop for over 25 days. Seats are 30 way power, sounds good but there are so many places that the seats articulate that there are lumps and bumps at all the hinge points. It is like the engineers went crazy with technology and it just didn't work out. AM radio is useless, air suspension is a joke.
Well, the short story is that Lincoln is doing a full buy back under the CA Lemon Law and we will be getting all of our money back. It is a beautiful car, but just didn't work out.
I am glad that Lincoln and Ford are a standup company and are doing the right thing.

sirbob

Reaction score
Bummer I love that suv - let’s see how they realize the issues and fix them moving forward.

First edition new models always have bugs but darn 25 days?

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
It’s sad they didn’t man-up and do that with the 6.0 Powerstroke

We had our's Lemon Lawed the first year they were released. What a POS!

Reactions: TPC

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
We had our's Lemon Lawed the first year they were released. What a POS!

I had a first year (2003) 6.0 that got Lemon Lawed as well. Damn thing would basically fall asleep in traffic or going down a long grade, step on the accelerator and no power, foot to floor and it would wake up in about 10 seconds. Ford tried all kinds of shit to sort it out, finally just bought it back.

PlanB

Reaction score
I had a first year (2003) 6.0 that got Lemon Lawed as well. Damn thing would basically fall asleep in traffic or going down a long grade, step on the accelerator and no power, foot to floor and it would wake up in about 10 seconds. Ford tried all kinds of shit to sort it out, finally just bought it back.

Same. 2003 Excursion with the 6.0. The final straw was on the I-5 in heavy traffic and it went to an idle with no throttle response. Our attorney told Ford it was a safety issue and they immediately accepted our claim.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
That’s how I feel about my new Denali I just bought in February. I cannot find a comfortable position. Seats have almost too many controls.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
We just got done leasing my wife a new vehicle. She wanted something more upscale and it just amazes me how many"gadgets" luxury cars have these days. I just look at all that stuff as something that is going to break.

She ended up in an Acura after playing the field for a bit. The fancy Honda is pretty spartan for a luxury vehicle and even it has far more toys than we would ever use regularly.

Give me leather seats, some HP and a good radio. Everything else can be left on the option sheets list. That's what I loved about my old Beemer, it was kind of just a car and not a rolling iPad.

Taboma

Reaction score
That’s how I feel about my new Denali I just bought in February. I cannot find a comfortable position. Seats have almost too many controls.

Sierra Denali or Yukon Denali ?? The reason I ask is, my aging ass loved the Yukon Denali seats and was considerably disappointed in the Sierra Denali seats. Having no need for a Yukon, but I had an 07' Sierra and would consider another until I sat in it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not sure but it is looking like a Lexus GX460.
I know that will be a good simple and trouble free car, it is just a fancy Toyota 4 Runner.

We loved my wife's GX470, kinda wish we'd have kept it for a Havasu / Ranch vehicle as a high end 4X for launching and our Ranch. I suppose my only minor complaint was it rode nice, but felt a bit top heavy, bobbing back and forth a bit more than I liked. Maybe that's not an issue on the 460s ?
Seats were fine, and Lexus high grade materials, but not anything to write home about comfort wise --- very good I'd say.
One thing for sure, body on frame it's a damn stout vehicle if one should suffer an accident.

Taboma

Reaction score
2 months ago we bought a 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label for my wife to replace her 2014 Navigator. The Navigator was a great car, very comfortable and no problems.
The Aviator has been the opposite! We have had it for 2 months and it has been in the shop for over 25 days. Seats are 30 way power, sounds good but there are so many places that the seats articulate that there are lumps and bumps at all the hinge points. It is like the engineers went crazy with technology and it just didn't work out. AM radio is useless, air suspension is a joke.
Well, the short story is that Lincoln is doing a full buy back under the CA Lemon Law and we will be getting all of our money back. It is a beautiful car, but just didn't work out.
I am glad that Lincoln and Ford are a standup company and are doing the right thing.

OH OH, I just recommended one to my neighbor based on what I'd thought were some RDP folks being really happy with theirs --- OOPS, oh well, he didn't buy one.

I sat in a Black Label with the 30 way seats at the auto show, felt kinda stupid I couldn't seem to reach any euphoric state of comforts despite pushing about every button I could find. 😂 But peer pressure of everybody else raving about them, had me blaming myself as in operator error. 😁

OK, I'll scratch that puppy off my list. By a huge margin, the most comfortable seat award from the show I handed out to the Cadillac CT6 V, I have zero use for one, but I really want one. If we'd kept the GX470 at Havasu, we could have rolled back and for to San Diego in the big hot blooded Caddy. 👍

Icky

Reaction score
The Jeep Grand Wagoneer looks promising

KevinR

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your challenges with your Aviator. Glad you came to a fair resolution.

I’ve had my 2020 Aviator since December and my only complaint thus far is crappy AM reception.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
OP -
"Im returning this vehicle....the AM radio is sub-par and the seats are too adjustable"

Dealer -

200w.gif

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Sierra Denali or Yukon Denali ?? The reason I ask is, my aging ass loved the Yukon Denali seats and was considerably disappointed in the Sierra Denali seats. Having no need for a Yukon, but I had an 07' Sierra and would consider another until I sat in it.
Yukon. I had an 07 Escalade and was always comfortable in that. Unfortunately it was falling apart. When this lease runs out hopefully the new Escalades will be a little cheaper. The 2021 model.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I'll never buy another ford after the fiasco with my navigator. When your only recourse is "you need a new motor and thats gonna cost you $8500" thats a sh%t product and brand. We were looking at escalades, etc and ended up with a range rover but the aviator was enticing with its high hp motor and their redesign. But then I came to my senses. Just stay away from lincoln/ford in general. Junk.

shan

Reaction score
Ford didn't do the right thing, the liberal lemon laws in CA helped you out.

Taboma

Reaction score
Young man down the street has picked up a couple of older GX470s and tastefully modified them for more serious offroad duty. Very comfy, yet extremely functional 👍

Wedgy

Reaction score
Talked to a guy in a 2020 Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab. 5.3. Hates it.. He said it has been in the shop half the time he's had it, for issues with the motor, and brake problems.

What the hell happened to Chevy trucks?

I drove a new 2000 Chevy 1/2 ton LB with a 5.3 for a year straight. Hauling way too much as a Super. Should have been at least a 3/4 ton for what I was doing. But it was comfortable and ran great. No issues whatsoever. The new Chrvy seats suck, and the front ends are ugly AF. Good Grief.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

BMW’s Multi Comfort seats were similar. Too many controls for the user to fuck with. And if you lack seat memory (or forget to save your settings to memory), then good luck finding that comfy position again.

It’s like adjustable suspension.
More adjustability - high speed, low speed, compression, rebound, 30 positions each - means that you’ll never find a good setting.

You have a shitload of engineers designing these things, but they leave it up to the user to guess their way to optimal settings?

Much better to get a properly setup seat (or suspension) with a few basic adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Talked to a guy in a 2020 Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab. 5.3. Hates it.. He said it has been in the shop half the time he's had it, for issues with the motor, and brake problems.

Complexity. With the ADAS systems integrated into everything...the driver has very little direct control over anything at this point.
Example...in many new vehicles, the braking is all computer controlled and the pedal is acting upon a brake pedal feel simulator to make it feel like the driver is actually driving.

Cadillac has a software update to “solve” a brake pulsation issue by using the electric assist power steering to counteract the steering wheel shake under braking.

RCDave

Reaction score
Lol. All this unneeded high tech gadgetry...

I only purchase older used vehicles these days.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I drove a new 2000 Chevy 1/2 ton LB with a 5.3 for a year straight. Hauling way too much as a Super. Should have been at least a 3/4 ton for what I was doing. But it was comfortable and ran great. No issues whatsoever. The new Chrvy seats suck, and the front ends are ugly AF. Good Grief.
Lemon lawing our 2020 Denali 3500. Nice truck when it runs.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I’m already regretting selling my wife’s 07 Denali XL.
I miss my 07 Escalade but I didn’t want the pickup style anymore and a lot of expensive things were broken.....seat cooler/heaters,air suspension, leaky weatherstripping that’s $350 each......was time to put it out of its misery.

oldschool

Reaction score
I miss my 07 Escalade but I didn’t want the pickup style anymore and a lot of expensive things were broken.....seat cooler/heaters,air suspension, leaky weatherstripping that’s $350 each......was time to put it out of its misery.
I had fixed most of that stuff before I sold mine. But it was starting that downward spiral of replacing stuff.

ssc

Reaction score
I have had quite a few vehicles. I have been stranded or had severe safety issues with BMW, ford, GM, chrysler, jeep and honda vehicles. Now, I only buy toyota and lexus vehicles. I didn't much care for my 5th gen 4runner, but it was reliable.

Cheers, Steve

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Lemon lawing our 2020 Denali 3500. Nice truck when it runs.

The problems you’re having are crazy.

They’ve been building these trucks long enough to get these dumb issues ironed-out...at least that’s what my lizard brain says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have had quite a few vehicles. I have been stranded or had severe safety issues with BMW, ford, GM, chrysler, jeep and honda vehicles. Now, I only buy toyota and lexus vehicles. I didn't much care for my 5th gen 4runner, but it was reliable.

Cheers, Steve
My dad is a Toyota fan from when they first rolled off the boat. Never looked back.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Jeez how could I forget about my brand new 89 black and gold Trans Am??? I bet it was built between 3-5 pm on Memorial Day Friday...drove it out of dealer and went up Stockton Hill rd.....dead....ECM, the clear coat crack, lumbar seat motor broke and t-top leaked....had a pile of yellow warranty slips. Fast as hell though but Christ wahat a pain in the balls.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I had fixed most of that stuff before I sold mine. But it was starting that downward spiral of replacing stuff.
Seats were 3k to fix and suspension was $1200 and the vehicle was worth 10k and that’s what I got for the trade in.......if it was a horse we would have shot it.:)

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
We just got done leasing my wife a new vehicle. She wanted something more upscale and it just amazes me how many"gadgets" luxury cars have these days. I just look at all that stuff as something that is going to break.

She ended up in an Acura after playing the field for a bit. The fancy Honda is pretty spartan for a luxury vehicle and even it has far more toys than we would ever use regularly.

Give me leather seats, some HP and a good radio. Everything else can be left on the option sheets list. That's what I loved about my old Beemer, it was kind of just a car and not a rolling iPad.
Leasing my wife’s TLX, we may buy it outright when her lease is up. Wonderful vehicle.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score

We're going through this right now on a 2020 Ford Explorer ST. It goes to the shop for the same issue every time. Some module that controls the 4x4, traction control, drive modes and cruise control. We're waiting to hear back from ford with the buy back offer!

Last edited:

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
You should be successful, Ford is buying back Explorers and Aviators like crazy. Just do a google search and you will see that you and I are not alone here.
Good luck.
DK

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
You should be successful, Ford is buying back Explorers and Aviators like crazy. Just do a google search and you will see that you and I are not alone here.
Good luck.
DK

We got the buy back offer today and it was good. Sadly my ole lady is so in love with this car we're going to try another one!

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

Bought a new company work van back in 2017. Express 2500 and had nothing but problems from day one to the current 37,000 miles that are on it now. The brakes being a major issue along with the shitty air conditioning that always cycled cold/warm/cold/warm and every 10 seconds. Plus a half dozen other constant issues that the dealer was absolutely no help with.

Couldn’t lemon law it (commercial vehicle) but sued for breach of warranty contract and won. Fuck GM i’ll never own another one. Punting this POS as soon as i cash their check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
We loved my wife's GX470, kinda wish we'd have kept it for a Havasu / Ranch vehicle as a high end 4X for launching and our Ranch. I suppose my only minor complaint was it rode nice, but felt a bit top heavy, bobbing back and forth a bit more than I liked. Maybe that's not an issue on the 460s ?
Seats were fine, and Lexus high grade materials, but not anything to write home about comfort wise --- very good I'd say.
One thing for sure, body on frame it's a damn stout vehicle if one should suffer an accident.

I have to agree! I bought a GX460 because I have had such great history with Toyota products and wanted to have something to play with when I am done with it as a work vehicle. They are actually pretty decent for an offroad vehicle especially when they are lifted 2.5-3.5 inches with decent tires. They are fairly affordable to lift too. There is a huge following on social media for aftermarket needs and recommendations. Small enough to park in metropolitan areas and to navigate narrow trails, yet heavy enough to launch a 28 foot boat. One of the first purchases that I haven't regretted.