WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

C VS D tires

farmo83

Reaction score
Is there any real disadvantage to putting in going to load range d from load range c for tires? This is on my RV not my best if that matters. Dual axle if that needs to be known as well.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I can’t imagine C-rated tires are going to be doing you any favors on an RV.

What did your RV come with?
I would stick to what it came with.

The letters are a ply rating, more plys gives you a stiffer tire (including the sidewalk), more air psi to handle the load, and more load capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I've spent some serious moments on the shoulders of sizzling hot roads changing multi blow outs.
Roll with E.
American made makes a HUGE difference too.

Reactions: DWC

farmo83

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about E, I'll look into that. Sounds like D is the minimum.

As far as what it came with there is no telling so I'm trying to get a good idea on what the best way to go is. The RV was my grandpa's and while I loved the man to death, tires was not one of his strong suits. We borrowed it once to go camping when I was kid. Dad asked Papaw how the tires were and Papaw said they were in good shape as he had recently bought them. We had 2 blow outs on the way back home on a Sunday when nothing is open. Also we discovered that there was 3 different brands of tires. When we got back Dad asked Papaw exactly when he recently bought those tires and after some thought Papaw said around 10 years ago.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Let’s see a pic of the RV, and a pic of the VIN plate...the one that has GVWR and axle ratings and all that [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
a tire has load range C, 6 ply it can carry 1,820 pounds.
a tire has load range D, 8 ply can carry 2,150-lb .