WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

C8 Corvette - updated info

toyaddiction

Reaction score
Mine had delivery date of August 1st. It is now pushed forward to November 29th. I am over it at this point but have a 10K refundable deposit. I wouldn't mind waiting for a 2021 or Z06 at this point. I guess I will keep being patient until it shows up. I agree with the interior. You are not going to get a blow job while driving this car.
Corvette Stingray 2020.jpg

boatpi

Reaction score
For those that want one, it will be a 2021, many dealers sell at window sticker, just check the threads.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
The 1LT was not in the initial production run, the loaded cars were released first. They have starting building them, but not many have been shipped this far.
That being said, autonation here in Peoria (PHX) was more than willing to order one for me almost a year ago when I inquired (prior to production) at MSRP, and at that time they had spots remaining. With the shutdown and cancellation of the remaining 20’s, I’m not sure how quick the delivery date would be if ordered now, I’m guessing we’re still a year out from delivery if someone ordered a ‘21 today. I’m holding off until early 22 at this point, at the earliest.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Sort of.

Tesla will not charge you an uplift beyond what you see on the website - everyone pays the same at the time of order during a given timeframe.

GM/ Ford won't make anything for "you".
You have no relationship with GM or Ford - the dealer does.
Each dealer gets an allotment of both vehicles and custom orders they decide wether or not to allow you.

The dealer decides weather or not they will do a custom order for you, then GM/Ford makes it for the dealer, then delivers it to said dealer - that sells it to you at whatever they wish. The dealer is in complete control.

Right now C8's are all over 100K because they can get it,

Why would a dealer use their limited allotment for a base model when they can get 100K plus out of someone?

UD
Soooo..... what I'm reading is you are agreeing that it isn't the manufacturers that are responsible for the price discrepancies? It is the dealers that are....... and Tesla doesn't have a dealer network sooo........

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Soooo..... what I'm reading is you are agreeing that it isn't the manufacturers that are responsible for the price discrepancies? It is the dealers that are....... and Tesla doesn't have a dealer network sooo........

Im not picking up what you are laying down. The two models are completely different.

One sells direct to the end user and anyone and everyone can go online and buy any car they offer at the same price.

One sells through a channel and you have no choice but to go through a middle man that can rape you or deny you the offering totally under the guise of selective availability.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Im not picking up what you are laying down. The two models are completely different.

One sells direct to the end user and anyone and everyone can go online and buy any car they offer at the same price.

One sells through a channel and you have no choice but to go through a middle man that can rape you or deny you the offering totally under the guise of selective availability.
Basically your argument is you claim its not the dealers that are jacking up the prices over the advertised MSRP. Instead it's the manufacturer that is just not producing ANY of the lower $$ base models.

As has been stated previously in this thread, GM hasn't made any LT's yet although they are slated for production later this year. Doesn't mean they aren't offering any at the starting base MSRP like advertised. As you said earlier as well, if you're paying more than MSRP (for any way the car is optioned) that is the dealer. Not the manufacturer.

Now Tesla on the other hand revealed their models and from the time of production to the time of actual purchase they increased the MSRP various times for various trims and options. So, when you can't get a Tesla at the advertised price when it comes time to put base, as you have pointed out, there are no dealers that are doing so. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for such.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Basically your argument is you claim its not the dealers that are jacking up the prices over the advertised MSRP. Instead it's the manufacturer that is just not producing ANY of the lower $$ base models.

As has been stated previously in this thread, GM hasn't made any LT's yet although they are slated for production later this year. Doesn't mean they aren't offering any at the starting base MSRP like advertised. As you said earlier as well, if you're paying more than MSRP (for any way the car is optioned) that is the dealer. Not the manufacturer.

Now Tesla on the other hand revealed their models and from the time of production to the time of actual purchase they increased the MSRP various times for various trims and options. So, when you can't get a Tesla at the advertised price when it comes time to put base, as you have pointed out, there are no dealers that are doing so. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for such.

Not quite - Im saying two things in regards to the vette

1. Dealers aren't ordering the base price car therefore it isn't available to purchase.
2. When they do order the base price or ANY version they offer it at whatever price they see fit.

It's almost ludicrous for GM to set an MSRP price as they have NO way of controlling it.
This has ALWAYS been the case with detroit and desirable models.
C7 were sold new above list for over 3 years.

It took a while, but Tesla made the 35K car available @ 35K.
It delivered exactly what it was promised as far as speed and range.
The 35K car was available for about a year.

UD

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not quite - Im saying two things in regards to the vette

1. Dealers aren't ordering the base price car therefore it isn't available to purchase.
2. When they do order they base price or ANY version they offer it at whatever price they see fit.

It's almost ludicrous for GM to set an MSRP price as they have NO way of controlling it.
This has ALWAYS been the case with detroit and desirable models.
C7 were sold new above list for over 3 years.

It took a while, but Tesla made the 35K car available @ 35K.
It delivered exactly what it was promised as far as speed and range.
The 35K was available for about a year.

UD
Ok.... But the dealers arent ordering these cars for stock. Sure maybe a few but if buys aren't walking in and ASKING for a base model 'Vette....... how is that ANYBODY'S fault?

And I guess that's why it's mSrp and not mrp. The market supports the dealers getting that premium. If it didn't, they wouldn't get that premium.

I'll admit, I haven't paid close enough attention to know precisely when or if Tesla came through on the $35k model, just read the multitude of stories about the delays and price changes.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Ok.... But the dealers arent ordering these cars for stock. Sure maybe a few but if buys aren't walking in and ASKING for a base model 'Vette....... how is that ANYBODY'S fault?

And I guess that's why it's mSrp and not mrp. The market supports the dealers getting that premium. If it didn't, they wouldn't get that premium.

I'll admit, I haven't paid close enough attention to know precisely when or if Tesla came through on the $35k model, just read the multitude of stories about the delays and price changes.

They aren't ordering them because they dont have to - they can sell their entire allotment of the higher end versions (of something like 10 cars) way above MSRP.
The market has always supported desirable models getting jacked sky high, GM dealers effectively killed the volt, the Pontiac G8 and others this way.
Chrysler does the same thing with Hellcats, Demons and specific challenger /chargers.

"Placing an order" gets you nowhere because the dealers won't give up the profit they can make on the few cars they receive to bother with selling you or anyone the base model at no markup.

No one bats an eye- it been this way from day 1 with detroit.

But somehow it was a HUGE deal for Tesla not to offer the 35K version up front.
It was criminal...It was an SEC violation, and the moaning went on an on.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

One key takeaway from the jalopnik article that mirrors what I said in post #60

"However, shoppers should be aware that not every reservation may translate to a sale."
Translate this as -The dealer could sell "your" reservation for 10K more so your car "didnt arrive "

The C8 is an incredible and aspirational ride no doubt, but its going to be quite a while before anyone sees one at 59K.

We should all be thankful that dealer franchise laws in place thanks to the lobbying power of NADA protect us from being gouged by the evil manufacturers.

UD