WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA DMV

Community

Reaction score
Bought a car for my daughter in AZ. AZ notarized title in hand. Need to register it in CA. DMV is closed, online won't work, AAA won't pick up the phone. I used to estimate what I owe for sales tax and reg and send it all in. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
CA DMV website has a fee calculator.

Community

Reaction score
Pretty sure you’ll need a vin verification.
God I hope not....I don't have enough time....Was planning on driving it to her and flying back same day. So much easier in AZ....but she needs CA reg

NicPaus

Reaction score
DMV in Torrance is open but only for a few things unless you have a appointment. There was no appointments left currently when I was there.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
There are mobile DMV services around, but none will be open until Monday morning.

WYRD

Reaction score
Quick VIN Verifications
5586 Mission Boulevard ste b, Riverside, CA 92509
(951) 394-7012

If you are near Riverside, his name is Uni. He can do the VIN verification and process the transfer and issue plates. It will need a smog though

Good dude, reasonable fees.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Bought a car for my daughter in AZ. AZ notarized title in hand. Need to register it in CA. DMV is closed, online won't work, AAA won't pick up the phone. I used to estimate what I owe for sales tax and reg and send it all in. Any suggestions?

Went through this myself. Walked into the AAA with all my paperwork in hand, walked out with new plates about an hour later.

No big deal.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
DMV in Torrance is open but only for a few things unless you have a appointment. There was no appointments left currently when I was there.

Their website says new appointments are not being accepted? I went the other day as my license expires 8/1, stood in line probably behind 75 people and got turned away at seven in front of me. Fuck it I did what I was suppose to do and I won’t be back till I can make an appointment. It’s just license renewal but I need a vision test.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah. No new appointments until caught up on the scheduled appointments. 1 of my trucks tags expired February. Needed a dealer recall. I waited in line. Everything paid and got recall. The prick manager would not let the clerk give me stickers. Instead I got a moving pass which clerk said took him longer than it would to give me stickers.

Friend daughter was able to show up and take permit test as it was on the list. Certain things are appointments only but no appointments at this time.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
@Luvnlife

Cale, I went to the Santa Paula DMV without an appointment for my REAL ID and was done within an hour including waiting.

Their website says new appointments are not being accepted? I went the other day as my license expires 8/1, stood in line probably behind 75 people and got turned away at seven in front of me. Fuck it I did what I was suppose to do and I won’t be back till I can make an appointment. It’s just license renewal but I need a vision test.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Pretty sure you’ll need a vin verification.

God I hope not....I don't have enough time....Was planning on driving it to her and flying back same day. So much easier in AZ....but she needs CA reg

I think you are correct. I had to do it about 5 years ago in a truck out of Washington. The CHP was booked out several weeks. Luckily, I had a contact and got it done quickly.

Sent From Tapatalk

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I need to register my boat that I bought in May but DMV kicked me out and no appointments [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Just paint over the arizona name on the plate and get a sticker guy to make it say California. Done deal. Fuck em if they don't want to do their job.

dribble

Reaction score
Any LE can do it if you know someone.

Wedgy

Reaction score
And if you need Registration in San Diego, California Registration Services, Main St, El Cajon. Good service, cool people. Saved me $$ over the years. Good luck!

white tortilla

Reaction score
I just did this last week with my truck from AZ to CA through AAA office.

1. Went to third party scale on Jefferson st. In Culver City for weight cert. $50. You won’t need to do this with a car.
2. Went to Culver City DMV for vin verification. Was free. Took about 20 min. It’s a seperate line from DMV appts so u just drive through.
3. Got smog cert at shop across from DMV. $50.
4. Took docs to AAA and had title transferred and registration in glove box same day.

All in all took about 3 hours. I live in Santa Clarita but work down there so did it all on a long lunch break.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I was in the Lodi DMV on Wednesday. Talk about a CF........ DMV at its finest. Had this fool out front wearing a mosquito net hat ( I kid you not) for his mask running around on a massive power trip. He bold faced lied to me and the guy behind me about getting in because he was worried the line was too long. I could not get an appointment but online it said that walk ins were welcome. I think I was second to last they allowed in the building.

Reactions: DWC